Clarkson Goal Total Predictions?

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
He crashes the net hard and certainly seems to get alot of shots on net. I think Kadri and Lupul will cash in some of his rebounds. I'm guessing 20goals 25assists.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Looking back at his 30 goal season, Clarkson had several goals from in close, including a lot of gifts where he was in the right place at the right time. Some empty netters and 2-man advantage power play goals in there too. Overall, I'd say his skillset is more along the lines of a 20 goal scorer than a 30 goals scorer, over an 82 game schedule.

His goal output this season will depend on who he plays with, since he's not much of a stickhandler or speed guy who can generate chances on his own. I imagine they'll go with Kadri-Lupul-Clarkson once Lupul is back, and Lupul-Kadri already have a ton of chemistry, so I could see him being the guy who crashes the net while Lupul and Kadri generate the open space with strong rushes and nifty moves, which should get him plenty of scoring chances.

I'll guess 20 goals over the final 72 games of the season.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
72 games on 2nd line>>>>24 goals...16 assists....72 games on 3rd line>>>>15 goals...10 assists....if he plays 72 games on both lines at various times>>>>18 goals....12 assists...

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
20 +/- 5, which is fine by me. I'm more excited for his physical presence and the way he gets under the opponent's skin.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
If he is with lupul and kadri... I can see him potting an easy 15 greasy goals.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Sorry but this is a load of horse ****. If he was brought in to just be tough and stand up for teammates he'd be paid 900k like Colton Orr.

He got paid to score 30 goals, which he wont do.

Be prepared to be disappointed then. I'm satisfied if he brings the whole package, not just scoring an extra 5-6 goals. (although that would obviously be an added bonus)

atleastimnotahabsfan

Oct 24, 2009
Toronto, ON
Sorry but this is a load of horse ****. If he was brought in to just be tough and stand up for teammates he'd be paid 900k like Colton Orr.

He got paid to score 30 goals, which he wont do.

He's being paid to put up 20 goals and 40 points while being tough and physical. He's overpaid but that's what people should expect out of him.

My guess is around 20 goals, 35 points.

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
If he plays all 72 i'll say he gets...

15-20 goals
15-20 assists

For his sake and my eyes/ears I hope he gets 40+ points so I don't have to hear about his contract that has nothing to do with anyone but him, every single day of my life.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
30. Fast release, doesn't miss the goal often and he hangs out in the hard scoring areas. The current Leafs' team is more offensively inclined than the Devils. Satisfied with 20.

Disgruntled Observer*

My guess is 12 goals.
Which is being rather generous. He's only passed 12 goals 3 times over his 8 year career, and he already missed the 1st 10 games.

By year 3 (at the latest) Clarkson will be the whipping boy for leafs fans. And there will still be 4 years on his contract, which is un-tradable.
Things could get ugly.

Tyler Biggs*

While we can debate his contract over and over, it's definitely a benefit to have him in the lineup. Amongst other things, he was 4th in the league in shots last season, and everyone knows the Leafs need to take more shots. The Leafs are getting healthy and their healthy lineup is a very deep, dangerous team.

Gary Roberts says he likes the way Clarkson plays and he's got what it takes to be a great leader in the dressing room. Thanks but I'll take Gary Roberts word over any Hab's word(esp:Josh Gorges) over on that roster as well as any Hab poster here. Have a nice day!

Ace88*

My guess is 12 goals.
Which is being rather generous. He's only passed 12 goals 3 times over his 8 year career, and he already missed the 1st 10 games.

By year 3 (at the latest) Clarkson will be the whipping boy for leafs fans. And there will still be 4 years on his contract, which is un-tradable.
Things could get ugly.

Jesus christ im agreeing with DO. What is the world coming to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad