Clarkson Goal Total Predictions?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Near halfway mark he has 3, on a 9 goal over 82 games pace.

Little PP time, playing with Smith and Mcclement, used in a checking role. I would expect 15 goals from him over 82 games. He still needs to contribute more offensively, but defensively he has been very good for us. His one play of getting the puck out of our zone through sheer determination should be played to some of our young guys. As long as his plus - minus is near even he is doing his job. Will probably do much better when Bolland is back.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Clarkson has been very effective ths last 10 games or so. Kulemin bolland clarkson is going to be a great line I think...just going to dominats the cycle gAme.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I hope Clarkson can find his Niche on this team. Preferably 3rd line, and off the pp. He is a limited player and thus, his role needs to be limited. I think he can be much more effective that way.

Right now, Kulemin needs to be promoted.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Leafs are paying him a premium price for attributes that he doesn't have or bring to the table. If Clarkson wants to "earn" this contract, he is going to have to turn into quite the goal scorer throughout the life of this contract. We're talking in the neighbourhood of 30 goals a season to be worth that contract. A good portion of this fanbase wanted to run Grabovski out of town and pointed to his salary/production for reasons as to wanting him gone. Let's hold Clarkson to the same standard.

Disgruntled Observer*

The vast majority of predictions thought that 8 year veteran Clarkson would more than DOUBLE his career average in goals and points.
It's just so embarrassing.
IT'S JUST SO EMBARRASSING!!!!

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
The vast majority of predictions thought that 8 year veteran Clarkson would more than DOUBLE his career average in goals and points.

It was either that or accept our management are a bunch of idiots

hockeyfanz*

Jesus christ im agreeing with DO. What is the world coming to.

Hahaha...People hate DO...but he is often correct. Haters will hate LOL.

I think I had him down for 16 or something..but Im modifying that to 10 G and 12 A. Not numbers that support his pot o gold contract. What a lucky SOB.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Hahaha...People hate DO...but he is often correct. Haters will hate LOL.

I think I had him down for 16 or something..but Im modifying that to 10 G and 12 A. Not numbers that support his pot o gold contract. What a lucky SOB.
No, he really isn't. He often over exaggerates and complains(most of the time for no reason). When he's wrong you'll never see him around. He once tried to say Bernier was 5 ft 9 :laugh: then called me a liar and said I was wrong when I posted the official stats of his from the NHL while he cited some blog or something a fan made site

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
As long as you keep his expectations extremely low, you will be satisfied

Any goal he scores is a bonus

Haha yeah I really don't get how guys continue to defend this signing. It looked awful from day one. He's played better lately, but he was brought in as an(or at least paid like an) offensive threat. Guys in this fan base absolutely hated McCabe after he signed his big contract. McCabe made a few bucks less and is outscoring clarkson. As a dman. I guarantee this contract has a year or two before it is hated in Toronto.

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON

He's the type of player that most fans love. Very Canadian style game to him, and because he scored 30 before leafs fans assume that to be what he does regularly. We did the same for connolly, Blake, komisarek, and now clarkson.

I doubt after these 6 or 7 years (too lazy to look it up) leads fans will look back at the clarkson contract and say "well that was worth it. "

We now have to win despite is contract. The gains from having him on the team are minimal.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
At his current scoring pace, he'll be lucky to get to 10 goals!

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I want Randy to take him off the checking line and reunite the Lupul, Kadri, Clarkson line.

It didn't work. Kulemin is a better fit on that line. Clarkson will be a much more effective player with Bolland as his center when he returns, trust me, those 2 can cycle all day long.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Put him on the second line first pp and give 18 mins a game. Hope like hell he catches some fire then try and trade him as fast as possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad