Clarkson Goal Total Predictions?

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
It didn't work. Kulemin is a better fit on that line. Clarkson will be a much more effective player with Bolland as his center when he returns, trust me, those 2 can cycle all day long.

Yes it did. That line was only together for 2 games because Lupul got injured again. Remember the game against Washington? They were the best line on the ice by a country mile, and completely dominated possession. That line scored the only Leafs goal of the game.

The line started to struggle when Lupul got injured, and that piece of **** Raymond was on the left wing. Raymond and Clarkson are HORRIBLE together. They're like 'anti-versions' of each other. They do not mesh at all.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The worst part of it for me was the marketing him as the next Clark.

hockeyfanz*

The worst part of it for me was the marketing him as the next Clark.

But who really bought that? Its not like this guy was just emerging as a fresh young talent. He is 30. The guy is in his 8th season. The fact that Wendel was his idol..with about 10 million other people...the media immediately compares him to Clark. The fans latch on to this stupid idea and he gets chastized for being more like Colby Armstrong than Wendel. :laugh:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
The vast majority of predictions thought that 8 year veteran Clarkson would more than DOUBLE his career average in goals and points.
It's just so embarrassing.
IT'S JUST SO EMBARRASSING!!!!

Go ahead and be embarrassed. If only everyone in this team had his heart and will, we'd win cups year after year --we actually need more players with the same attitude as Clarkson.

By the way, not sure if its been mentioned but he wasn't brought in for his goal production. I'd say he'd have more than Kulemin in the end and that's after missing the first 10 games.

leafsfan2

Jan 4, 2007
Markham,ON
he is capable of scoring 25-30 goals avg per year (high end)
he probably going to score 20-25 during his contract (Realistic)
this season i hope its 15 but thats generous

Last edited:

Mar 26, 2010
Go ahead and be embarrassed. If only everyone in this team had his heart and will, we'd win cups year after year --we actually need more players with the same attitude as Clarkson.

By the way, not sure if its been mentioned but he wasn't brought in for his goal production. I'd say he'd have more than Kulemin in the end and that's after missing the first 10 games.

You will not find a single Leafs fan that would take Clarkson ($36.75M) 4th liner at best, over a tank like Kulemin. Kulemin is better in every aspect AINEC! The guy is a beast.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

And therein lies the problem. Leaf management handing out a premium contract for a guy who doesn't create much in the way of offense. They paid a premium for hits and PIM, and they are getting exactly what they paid for. The Leafs didn't need Clarkson, and the contract he was going to sign was obviously going to be a land mine.

leafsfan2

Jan 4, 2007
Markham,ON
You will not find a single Leafs fan that would take Clarkson ($36.75M) 4th liner at best, over a tank like Kulemin. Kulemin is better in every aspect AINEC! The guy is a beast.

Lets not carried away here. If Kulemin was better than clarkson than we would not be desperate enough to overpay for Clarkson. I like Kulemin but Clarkson is a better player no doubt. Granted doesnt look that way right now but let give Clarky some time. we have 7 years of him :p

Disgruntled Observer*

No, he really isn't. He often over exaggerates and complains(most of the time for no reason). When he's wrong you'll never see him around. He once tried to say Bernier was 5 ft 9 :laugh: then called me a liar and said I was wrong when I posted the official stats of his from the NHL while he cited some blog or something a fan made site

I don't remember the Bernier argument. I don't think that was me.

I'm a huge supporter of both Bernier and Riemer. I stay out of all "who should be the starter" debates.

And you say I complain for no reason?
THE RICHEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE HAS MADE THE PLAYOFFS ONCE IN THE PAST 9 YEARS, WINNING ZERO PLAYOFF SERIES?
THAT'S HARDLY "NO REASON"!!!!!!!!!

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto

Lets not carried away here. If Kulemin was better than clarkson than we would not be desperate enough to overpay for Clarkson. I like Kulemin but Clarkson is a better player no doubt. Granted doesnt look that way right now but let give Clarky some time. we have 7 years of him :p

IMO Clarkson and Kulemin are about the same. Both score around the same, hit, board work, but Clarkson fights once in a while. Not much difference, but edge goes to Kulemin for contract reasons.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Tonight we unleash the Clarkson!!! :yo:

I say he'll rack anywhere between 15-20 goals this season (35-40 points). What do you guys think?

IF he picks up the pace, he may get 10 -12 goals. Sure, he brings other elements of the game to the table. But, I think most fans and management were expecting more, especially for the salary they are paying him.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Clarkson situation was a bit unfortunate. He started his season with McClement rather than Bolland. Currently, we do not have a line that could be considered comparable to the Bergeron line.

Boston's shut down line:

Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson/ Smith

vs

Kulemin - McClement - Clarkson

It's pretty clear that we're missing Bolland. While he may not have the offensive upside of Bergeron, he can be as dynamic. On top of that, he is a more effective pest than Marchand a well. Add Clarkson and Kulemin who are physical forwards, while the former can be quite nasty as well is a solid - SC-contending - second line. It is a shame that we've been hit with injuries in the beginning of the season.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
In his recent productive years he had relatively little ES ice time, and a ton on the PP. He hasn't been used that way at all in Toronto. I predict 10 goals.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
In his recent productive years he had relatively little ES ice time, and a ton on the PP. He hasn't been used that way at all in Toronto. I predict 10 goals.
That is true. I don't think he has much chemistry with Kadri. On top of that, both Lupul and Kadri have been in a long slump as well.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Like Kulemin, Clarkson will find a permanent home on the 3rd line.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
12-15g throughout his contract, if we can look pass his contract he's a good energy 3rd liner. But if we look at the overall skill set and salary he going to be Gomezed.

I just hope he doesn't take dumb penalties at un-opportune times like he's been doing, and management doesn't force him into a top 6 role. He's a blackhole with the skill players.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Like Kulemin, Clarkson will find a permanent home on the 3rd line.

But he sure pushes a mean grocery cart. That commercial was the ultimate, I just signed a big contract and I will do just about anything for a little more money except my job. This guys a ****en joke, I wish they could or would bury him in the minors and just let the team move on.

Better yet, Liles his ass. Bell and Rogers better use him as their own advertising piece if they can even do that, the shmucks

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Apparently Edmonton wanted him at more $$$

I will say he gets hot at some point and hits 10 goals but if Edmonton wants him, I am open to listen. Wait till he hits a hot streak and then phone Edmonton.

How about Kadri,Clarkson for RNH? Once Bolland gets back. This isn't what I expected for the money and he isn't playing even half as well as he did for NJ.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't see the intangibles that he supposedly brings. This type of player commands a 7 year deal in this day and age? Are you ****ing joking??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad