Clarkson Goal Total Predictions?

Wheels

Aug 22, 2004
It's pretty clear that we're missing Bolland. While he may not have the offensive upside of Bergeron, he can be as dynamic. On top of that, he is a more effective pest than Marchand a well. Add Clarkson and Kulemin who are physical forwards, while the former can be quite nasty as well is a solid - SC-contending - second line. It is a shame that we've been hit with injuries in the beginning of the season.

I like Dave Bolland just fine, but in what way is he as "dynamic" as Bergeron? What does that even mean? Bergeron is a far superior player on both sides of the rink. That's no slight to Bolland, but Bergeron's an exceptional all around player. I'm also not sure how Bolland is more "effective" than Marchand at any aspect of the game - again, not as much as knock on Bolland as a recognition of Marchand being a good player (who I can't stand, but acknowledge his skill).

Again, it bears repeating that Bolland got outplayed in Chicago by (and lost his job to) Andrew Shaw and Michal Handzus. I'd still like to see more from him before we give him a crazy contract.

Kulemin-Bolland-Clarkson is a decent third line, provided you have two good top lines. There's nothing wrong with that. If Clarkson was being paid $3 mil per season for 2-3 years, nobody would have any real issue with him.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Clarkson situation was a bit unfortunate. He started his season with McClement rather than Bolland. Currently, we do not have a line that could be considered comparable to the Bergeron line.

Boston's shut down line:

Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson/ Smith

vs

Kulemin - McClement - Clarkson

It's pretty clear that we're missing Bolland. While he may not have the offensive upside of Bergeron, he can be as dynamic. On top of that, he is a more effective pest than Marchand a well. Add Clarkson and Kulemin who are physical forwards, while the former can be quite nasty as well is a solid - SC-contending - second line. It is a shame that we've been hit with injuries in the beginning of the season.

All teams have injuries. That's when the team utilizes players they have on their farm and and in their system to step up. Its how a team responds to injuries where they prove their mettle.

Hope we do have that SC contending line up you are talking about. At least we have been stringing some Ws together lately, but hard to call us a contender at this stage.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Good news.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 11m
Just a bruise for Clarkson. Carlyle hopeful he'll improve enough to play Tuesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad