Clarke MacArthur

Kessley Snipes*

I think the majority of us can agree that Clarke MacArthur doesnt really fit in with this team anymore. With that said, does it worry anybody else that Carlyle made him an Alternate Captain this season? I worry that Carlyle may show some allegiance to him that impacts our team. The question is do we trade Mac or hang on to him in the inevitable event of further injuries.

Personally when Lupul is back I would prefer the forward lines to be as follows. Thoughts?

Lupul- Bozak- Kessel
JVR- Grabo- Kulemin
Frattin- Kadri- Komarov
Plug-McLement-Plug

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I could see some teams interested in him. I'm not sure if they will want to trade him so soon though. You never know with injuries.

Good player but likely replaceable by a player like Frattin right now.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
should be dealt at the deadline to the highest bidder irregardless of our position in the standings. he's a UFA that doesn't need to be re-signed

birddog*

I think the majority of us can agree that Clarke MacArthur doesnt really fit in with this team anymore. With that said, does it worry anybody else that Carlyle made him an Alternate Captain this season? I worry that Carlyle may show some allegiance to him that impacts our team. The question is do we trade Mac or hang on to him in the inevitable event of further injuries.

Personally when Lupul is back I would prefer the forward lines to be as follows. Thoughts?

Lupul- Bozak- Kessel
JVR- Grabo- Kulemin
Frattin- Kadri- Komarov
Plug-McLement-Plug

Give the guy a break - he has a sore pinky.

DaveT83*

Should have been dealt last deadline.

Now he's just taking up space - better players all around this organization:

Frattin
McClement
D'Amigo

All superior as far as I am concerned - give them a chance to play - whats the worst that can happen? We finish 5th last?

Everyone needs to start thinking bigger picture - stop obsessing over stats - stop obsessing over what may or may not happen to a player if we walk away from them.

Cheers

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
MacArthur is a kind of player who thrives when there's no adversity. I feel like he's one of those compiler forwards who scores at a decent clip on a losing club but when that club tries to make itself more competitive, he struggles with increased defensive responsibility, compete level, pressure, etc. I think he's one of those Tyler Arnason level guys who a team like Chicago had to let go of in order to make room for more industrious young players to improve as a team.

DaveT83*

I can see Clark in San Jose for some reason.

Mac + Scrivens + ?

For Bernier

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It makes sense to be able to put in a NHL player when another NHL player is injured.

Marlies have Hamilton and hopefuls, so no problem keeping MacArthur. It isn't like he's restricting any bluechippers from get a shot.

If a trade is there to make you better, within the required age guidelines you do it, whether it is Kulemin, Kadri, Kessel, or MacArthur.

Team > Player

ForSpareParts*

Doesn't fit in?

Lupul- Bozak- Kessel
JVR- Grabo- Kulemin
Frattin- Kadri- Komarov
Plug-McLement-Plug

He has 3 points in 5 games, and I don't see where you explain to us why he doesn't fit, or why he fit in the first place (but doesn't anymore).

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It makes sense to be able to put in a NHL player when another NHL player is injured.

Marlies have Hamilton and hopefuls, so no problem keeping MacArthur. It isn't like he's restricting any bluechippers from get a shot.

If a trade is there to make you better, within the required age guidelines you do it, whether it is Kulemin, Kadri, Kessel, or MacArthur.

Team > Player

Every time another thread asking about trading Player X pops up, can we just reply with the bolded and close it up?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Mac named an alternate captain was definitely a head scratcher.

That being said, he is a useful player in the prime of his career, but he will also be expendable once our roster is at full strength.

I say trade him at the deadline to the highest bidder.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Mac named an alternate captain was definitely a head scratcher.

That being said, he is a useful player in the prime of his career, but he will also be expendable once our roster is at full strength.

I say trade him at the deadline to the highest bidder.

He seemed pretty expendable last night.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
The Carl Gunnarsson among our forwards.

I´m fine with having him around, seem to be a good guy, a hard worker and easy to play with it seem.

If we are out of the playoffs when the deadline approach he should be dealt.

Kessley Snipes*

He has 3 points in 5 games, and I don't see where you explain to us why he doesn't fit, or why he fit in the first place (but doesn't anymore).

This is what I mean again. Looking at the stat sheet is all well and good, but from what I have watched he doesnt fit in with our hard-nosed forechecking type of game.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
i could see Clarke being traded but people have to give him a break

he played great on his first season with the Leafs
and forged the Clark Grab Kulu line

he's done well with the Leafs and can always contribute offensively

Trill Kessell

Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Clarke Macarthur adds something to our line up that we need....experience...without sacrificing youth since he is still a relatively young player. I think that Macarthur's role with the team just needs to be redefined. He should be utilized in more of a third line checking/scoring role than a top 6 forward, he is still a very serviceable support player that we can use. So don't jump to any drastic trade conclusions :p

The Lollipop King

4th Line = all heart
Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I am pretty sure that by the end of the week there is going to be a thread for every single player saying they dont fit in and we need to get rid of them. So far I have seen Kessel, Franson, MacArthur, Komorov...and more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad