CL Round of 8

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Considering you cheer for one of the most favored, richest and entitled clubs in the world you certainly do whine a lot about favoritism toward other top clubs. I mean you've had the best player in history for like 15 years, seen countless trophies and plenty of ref decisions go your way, tons of money spent on players etc. etc. You'd think Barcelona were Tottenham or something if it were only your posts we went by.

But eh...I'm just a 'Madridista' because I don't hate Ronaldo (even though I've been actively cheering against Real Madrid, but...you know).

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah, clearly Barca don't get favorable calls in the Champions League. :rolleyes:

non-penalties on Dzeko in the first leg, the last offside chance that wasn't shockingly waived off last game, PSG comeback last year, Van Persie phantom red card, Shevchenko's goal being called off wrongly, etc. Barca and RM are interchangeable in that regard every year - make no mistake about it.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Considering you cheer for one of the most favored, richest and entitled clubs in the world you certainly do whine a lot about favoritism toward other top clubs. I mean you've had the best player in history for like 15 years, seen countless trophies and plenty of ref decisions go your way, tons of money spent on players etc. etc. You'd think Barcelona were Tottenham or something if it were only your posts we went by.

But eh...I'm just a 'Madridista' because I don't hate Ronaldo (even though I've been actively cheering against Real Madrid, but...you know).

Not sure what being a rich club and having a player like Messi has to do with ref decisions. As for the decisions, sure we get them.

LOL. You step up all the time for Ronaldo and Madrid and don't the same for other players (other than maybe Higuain, but still it's not even close) or clubs. Do the math. You laughably did again yesterday. Quite obvious.

Yeah, clearly Barca don't get favorable calls in the Champions League. :rolleyes:

non-penalties on Dzeko in the first leg, the last offside chance that wasn't shockingly waived off last game, PSG comeback last year, Van Persie phantom red card, Shevchenko's goal being called off wrongly, etc. Barca and RM are interchangeable in that regard every year - make no mistake about it.

Everyone gets favorable call. That's not the point, but then I'm not surprised you missed it.

Play on Dzeko clearly wasn't a penalty, PSG should have had a red in the first leg and there were other calls in the ties you mentioned not to mention nothing to suggest Arsenal for sure go throught. That's not to mention the Inter tie, the Madrid tie where we actually still went through and since you clearly can't see the obvious despite my clear post the decisions in the league. If you actually watch them consistently there is no comparison whatsoever to be made.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I stepped up for them? I said I wanted Juve to win, and then pointed out that nobody was crying about the wrong offside call against Madrid while everyone claimed it was a rigged game because the ref (rightfully) called a penalty in the 94th minute. The rules don't go out the window just because it's extra time and everyone (myself included) wants RM to lose.

Also I defend plenty of non-Liverpool/Dutch players. I've also repeatedly said that Messi is better than Ronaldo does that make me a 'cule'? Where do I 'step up all the time' for Madrid anyway? Because I point out the hypocrisy in crying about their favorable calls or money?

I mean, anyone else can 'do the math' here, but it's not going to add up to what you think it does.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You always step up for Ronaldo. You don't come close for any other player. As for Madrid, today is the second time now it two days. You hardly do it for other clubs or players apart from Higuain. So yeah, do the math.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Militos offside goal that knocked Barca in 2010. Yaya's phantom handball. In the 2nd leg.

Barca have gotten their fair share of bad calls.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Militos offside goal that knocked Barca in 2010. Yaya's phantom handball. In the 2nd leg.

Barca have gotten their fair share of bad calls.

Every team except RM gets bad calls at some point. Yeah yeah yeah they got a bad call at some point I'm sure, but I don't remember any instance of a referee deciding the game the way the ref did when they played Bayern last year. Barcelona-PSG had some calls people complained about (I never watched the whole game), it couldn't have been anything compared to the Bayern game.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I like how everyone here is bragging about the amount of bad calls against their team. Let’s be real all 95% of us here support rich and entitled clubs with dirty business tactics. No one club is “better” than the other, every club does shady shit and every club has had calls go their way and go against them. These arguments that Madrid gets more calls than Barca or Bayern or Man U or vice versa are stupid because it happens to every big team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Seriously? The Barca/PSG was much worse then Real/Bayern. Every call went Barca's way (including more than generous penalty calls) and when Di Maria went all alone on the goalie (score 3-1), Mascherano tackled him from behind in the box. Never touched the ball, fouled Di Maria. No call. No penalty, no red card. Even by Masch's admission it was an obvious clear cut foul.
3-2 with 10 men? Game over.

There's a reason the ref got banned.

Reactions: All Might

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I like how everyone here is bragging about the amount of bad calls against their team. Let’s be real all 95% of us here support rich and entitled clubs with dirty business tactics. No one club is “better” than the other, every club does shady **** and every club has had calls go their way and go against them. These arguments that Madrid gets more calls than Barca or Bayern or Man U or vice versa are stupid because it happens to every big team.

:facepalm: Who is bragging? Who said Club A is better than Club B? No one.

As for the calls, you're wrong and the examples of clubs you threw into the mix with Madrid is laughable. Juventus and Porto you can throw into the mix if you want.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Marseille for a long time.
In L1 now, it's Lyon, been for a long time.
PSG is starting to get some bad calls too.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
:facepalm: Who is bragging? Who said Club A is better than Club B? No one.

As for the calls, you're wrong and the examples of clubs you threw into the mix with Madrid is laughable. Juventus and Porto you can throw into the mix if you want.

I just meant big clubs in general. Big clubs have always had calls go their ways in big games, that’s what I’m getting at. It’s just a stupid argument overall. Barca and Madrid get calls to go there way, just like every other big team has.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I just meant big clubs in general. Big clubs have always had calls go their ways in big games, that’s what I’m getting at. It’s just a stupid argument overall. Barca and Madrid get calls to go there way, just like every other big team has.

All clubs, big or small, get calls going their way. Sticking to big clubs though, the clubs you mentioned don't get the volume of calls much less as important of calls as Madrid do.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Seriously? The Barca/PSG was much worse then Real/Bayern. Every call went Barca's way (including more than generous penalty calls) and when Di Maria went all alone on the goalie (score 3-1), Mascherano tackled him from behind in the box. Never touched the ball, fouled Di Maria. No call. No penalty, no red card. Even by Masch's admission it was an obvious clear cut foul.
3-2 with 10 men? Game over.

There's a reason the ref got banned.

Like I said, I didn't watch all of it, my dad was having cancer removed during the game. So I can't/won't watch it.

But basically every goal RM needed to win was offsides (one of them was offsides and handball), and Casemiro wasn't sent off, and Vidal was sent off for absolutely zero.

Both referees did CL games this year. If you really want to laugh the referee from this week's City-Liverpool game is on the World Cup list. :facepalm:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
All clubs, big or small, get calls going their way. Sticking to big clubs though, the clubs you mentioned don't get the volume of calls much less as important of calls as Madrid do.
We all know that Barcelona gets as many calls as, if not more than, Real Madrid.

Ask German fans if they think that Bayern gets a lot of calls. I've seen complaints about it before.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Like I said, I didn't watch all of it, my dad was having cancer removed during the game. So I can't/won't watch it.

But basically every goal RM needed to win was offsides (one of them was offsides and handball), and Casemiro wasn't sent off, and Vidal was sent off for absolutely zero.

Both referees did CL games this year. If you really want to laugh the referee from this week's City-Liverpool game is on the World Cup list. :facepalm:
I remember the Real/Bayern game perfectly. And indeed, it was robbery. Not close to Barca/PSG IMO however because all were close calls. There was nothing close or not obvious in the Mascherano tackle.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
We all know that Barcelona gets as many calls as, if not more than, Real Madrid.

Ask German fans if they think that Bayern gets a lot of calls. I've seen complaints about it before.

Just another in a very long string of false statements that make up your posting legacy on this forum.

And? That doesn't mean they get as many as Madrid. Do you think before you post?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I’m sticking to big clubs because they get the most notorious calls. And if you’re gonna bitch about Madrid getting calls, you can’t ignore the joke of a game that Barca-PSG game was last year. Look I’m not trying to say Madrid doesn’t get calls because they do, but I’m just saying all big clubs have notorious calls or no calls that go in their favor and against.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You can bury your head in the sand all you want. It's everyone else that's crazy, not you; we should know this by now.

I mean, they tried to help Barcelona as much as possible this year with draws, calls, etc. but they still went out to Roma so I can understand the extra-irritability.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I’m sticking to big clubs because they get the most notorious calls. And if you’re gonna ***** about Madrid getting calls, you can’t ignore the joke of a game that Barca-PSG game was last year. Look I’m not trying to say Madrid doesn’t get calls because they do, but I’m just saying all big clubs have notorious calls or no calls that go in their favor and against.

Stick to big clubs all you want. Yes, big clubs get calls. Still Madrid get more than the rest unless you're going to make a case for Juventus or Porto.

I mentioned the PSG tie already. PSG got calls in both legs as well including a player not being sent off and a penalty we should have had.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You can bury your head in the sand all you want. It's everyone else that's crazy, not you; we should know this by now.

I mean, they tried to help Barcelona as much as possible this year with draws, calls, etc. but they still went out to Roma so I can understand the extra-irritability.

Where are you coming up with "everyone else"? Read the thread.

LOL. More nonsense and I'm not remotely irritable. Like I said the night of the Barça match, it didn't even phase me. Madridista co-worker was even shocked I "didn't seem to care."

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Just give it a rest. If it’s not pro Barca or anti Madrid you’re wrong.

Reactions: YNWA14

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Just give it a rest. If it’s not pro Barca or anti Madrid you’re wrong.

Actually it's a matter of actually having watched clubs play regularly. But yeah, he should give it a rest. He should have given it a rest a LONG time ago as regards a lot of topics on this forum. You probably should as well come to think of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad