CL Round of 8

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Actually it's a matter of actually having watched clubs play regularly. But yeah, he should give it a rest. He should have given it a rest a LONG time ago as regards a lot of topics on this forum. You probably should as well come to think of it.

I just find your bias hilarious. And I will. As much fun as dealing with you is I’ll just pass from here on out.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, all the Barca fans I know admit it was absolutely disgusting.

Why we're talking Barca when Real was the one with the usual gimme call at home in a tight game though I have no idea.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I just find your bias hilarious. And I will. As much fun as dealing with you is I’ll just pass from here on out.

It's not bias. I call out Barça getting calls all the time. The post above yours for example along with countless others on this forum.

No, all the Barca fans I know admit it was absolutely disgusting.

Why we're talking Barca when Real was the one with the usual gimme call at home in a tight game though I have no idea.

Which doesn't make it as you say, but whatever. I know Madridistas who agree with the plays I mentioned at the time.

I didn't bring them up.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Italy-Australia 2006
Juventus-Monaco 2015-2017
Juventus vs. just about everyone in Serie A and many other times in Europe.
They are probably the club who received the most number of generous and gift calls in history and Buffon who was there all this time never said anything.

Yesterday they had Madrid beaten if they kept on playing, instead they went back in defence and got beat on a play which lead to a most clear cut penalty and Buffon acts like this= pathetic.

Off topic, but "they had (their opponents) beaten if they kept on playing, instead they went back in defence" would closely resemble my assessment of how Australia played against Italy in 2006.

That game was decided by a fairly dubious penalty award (though it was brought about by an even more dubious piece of defending on Lucas Neill's part), but before that decision the referee had made Italy play for 39 minutes with 10 men for a challenge that a ref hell-bent on helping Italy might have deemed wasn't a straight red.

If the bloke with the whistle aimed to favour Italy, he took a pretty spectacular detour along the way.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Barca and Real arguing over who gets more favorable calls and refereeing. That’s kinda funny.

Both get more than their share. If that’s due to their traditional status or great players, it’s what it is.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
As a simon-pure, salt-of-the-earth supporter of the mighty Leyton Orient FC, I can only laugh at all the bandwagon fans of big clubs here who point their fingers at other big clubs for getting all the favourable calls. We, on the other hand, will successfully avoid getting favourable calls until we reach the rock bottom of professional football. Turn green with envy, you vain bandwagoners!

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If true that would be the second leg in Rome. Really hope not.
utilizz.jpg

2nd leg. But I still reckon Liverpool go through without too much trouble.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Man if RM get Bayern, they're last 2 runs to the final(assuming they beat Bayern of course) would be absolutely insane.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I wonder Curtinho will rationalize this considering his previous commentary.

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks somebody is a closet Madridista.
Yuck. I don’t think you mean me, but still.

If I had to pick a La Liga side, I’ve always had a soft spot for the Valencia of David Silva and David Villa. I like watching La Liga, but the wind blows and players go down at times with some of the refs.

All the big clubs get calls. That’s part of the deal

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I also really liked the Silva/Mata/Villa Valencia.

Kind of a non story. I'm sure they have tickets and announcements premade for each possible match up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->