CL Round of 8

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yuck. I don’t think you mean me, but still.

If I had to pick a La Liga side, I’ve always had a soft spot for the Valencia of David Silva and David Villa. I like watching La Liga, but the wind blows and players go down at times with some of the refs.

All the big clubs get calls. That’s part of the deal
I think its more about the big stars getting calls more so than big clubs at time but it's kind of a chicken or egg thing. LeBron gets calls, Crosby gets calls, Kane gets calls, etc.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow, imagine the draw turns into that Liverpool/Roma.
The crazy theories will pop up everywhere.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'd be glad as RM doesn't deserve more easy stuff, from that sense.

But I am most worried about playing Roma, who hasn't conceded at home. That's obviously the kind of team Liverpool has a harder time against.

Against any other team Liverpool's front three, fullbacks, and midfield will be able to run at their opponent and have lots of open space.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yuck. I don’t think you mean me, but still.

If I had to pick a La Liga side, I’ve always had a soft spot for the Valencia of David Silva and David Villa. I like watching La Liga, but the wind blows and players go down at times with some of the refs.

All the big clubs get calls. That’s part of the deal

Ah, Yes that old age theory them good English boys done't dive. Almost as good as EPL is the best league and stoke "theory".

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Do I have that view?

I’ve been on clear record saying that every team has a guy or two who go down.

Gerrard was notorious for driving into the box, getting faint contact and selling it. He dove. Spurs have a couple of English players who go down.

Good players do it. But the difference in how much officials let go is different. That’s my point more so than players diving or not

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So fans on the internet have digged up that Oliver and his wife went to Madrid on vacations and toured the Bernabeu. :facepalm:

Totally means they bought him back then to make sure he'd whistle in their favor a year after :facepalm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Fans love conspiracy theories. This Liverpool/Roma draw is only going to make it worse.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What a passage of play.

The way Wijnaldum turns out of the press and outlets to Chambo. THAT pass to split the D. Mane's nutmeg and tenacity to stay with the ball (leading to an obvious peno) and Salah's quick feet and composure. <3

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
So fans on the internet have digged up that Oliver and his wife went to Madrid on vacations and toured the Bernabeu. :facepalm:

Totally means they bought him back then to make sure he'd whistle in their favor a year after :facepalm:

Nah. The real reason is that Oliver supports Newcastle United, and he wanted to thank Florentino Perez for sacking Rafa.

I know for a fact that if clubs want to corrupt Oliver, all they need do is sell really good players on their books to Newcastle for very low transfer fees. If a fee is low enough, Oliver will award penalties for fouls committed by the corner flag.

Anyone who wishes their club undeservedly to win lots of football games, please spread the word.

For instance, I understand if Real Madrid want a favour in the semi, posting Oliver a legally binding guarantee to send Toni Kroos to NE1 for £8 million on 1 June 2018 would do the trick.

In Liverpool's case, Salah for £15.5 million or Van Dijk for £12 million - take your pick.

Reactions: Evilo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->