GWT: CL Matchweek 3

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He’s good enough for Barca... and no for one thing epl isnt the best league and it’s definitely not the best league for young players.

Would he really start for Barca in a few years time? From what I have seen he has a lot to develop before he can play every week there.

Is the EPL a good League for young players? Well, it depends on the quality of the young player. If the player is good enough to start regularly, the Premier League is the only League where he can face top quality opposition almost every week. For some players, the Premier League is just fine as a development league. And the Premier League most definately is the best league in the world without competition for that title.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Does it? Across all competitions, Pulisic has played 63 more minutes.

Ox has 2 goals and 0 assists. Pulisic has 0 goals and 5 assists.

And this is all while Pulisic integrates into a new side/league

Ox is also recovering from an extremely serious injury. Pulisic did play well today but I wanted to bring up that people for some reason think Ox is an average player. I have no idea why they think that.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Would he really start for Barca in a few years time? From what I have seen he has a lot to develop before he can play every week there.

Is the EPL a good League for young players? Well, it depends on the quality of the young player. If the player is good enough to start regularly, the Premier League is the only League where he can face top quality opposition almost every week. For some players, the Premier League is just fine as a development league. And the Premier League most definately is the best league in the world without competition for that title.
none of this is true

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Really embarrassing to see stuff like this. Obvious someone on Reddit thought it would be hilarious because no one with any brain cells would do this.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The English ref and his VAR assistant turned a 0-0 into a 2-0 win for Inter. Martinez was easily offside. What’s the point of VAR if they miss easy calls and refuse to even review something like that?

We weren’t good either. Favre needs to be sacked for how much we are underachieving under him, but Inter got a completely cheap win thanks to bad refereeing. They were probably even worse than we were.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The English ref and his VAR assistant turned a 0-0 into a 2-0 win for Inter. Martinez was easily offside. What’s the point of VAR if they miss easy calls and refuse to even review something like that?

We weren’t good either. Favre needs to be sacked for how much we are underachieving under him, but Inter got a completely cheap win thanks to bad refereeing. They were probably even worse than we were.

He was onside thanks to the left back playing him on by being like 2 yards further back than anyone else on the back line.

Reactions: bluesfan94

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
My mom has cancer and is gonna die...but I'm still here every day dick head. You don't ever have to tag me. I also posted what I thought and will keep doing it forever. He finally had a good game.

sorry to know that bro. Hope she makes it, though. Also, you guys need to relax lol theres so much drama on this board mostly about the randomness stuff lol

through it would pipe down a bit without Evilo...

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
sorry to know that bro. Hope she makes it, though. Also, you guys need to relax lol theres so much drama on this board mostly about the randomness stuff lol

through it would pipe down a bit without Evilo...
Gotta agree I usual like it because it makes the place hilarious and fun but it’s getting personal. Well as personal as random people on the net.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
My mom has cancer and is gonna die...but I'm still here every day dick head. You don't ever have to tag me. I also posted what I thought and will keep doing it forever. He finally had a good game.

I’m sorry for the state of your mother’s health. I hope she recovers.

But don’t try to connect that to this discussion. It’s not related.

Pulisic also set up the winner for Chelsea at the weekend. He has five assists in 501 minutes so far this season. I’d say that’s pretty good, but I guess wingers aren’t judged on assists if you can believe what uneducated English pundits say.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He was onside thanks to the left back playing him on by being like 2 yards further back than anyone else on the back line.

No, he wasn’t. He was offside by a long shot. I don’t know if you saw a bad replay. I saw one circulating that showed the player before the ball was released. That might’ve been what you saw. The one shown on the broadcast was rather clear.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I’m sorry for the state of your mother’s health. I hope she recovers.

But don’t try to connect that to this discussion. It’s not related.

Oh, it's definitely related because you were calling people out. You need to know why I'm not immediately rushing to my computer or phone to talk about or watch a player I don't much care about.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh, it's definitely related because you were calling people out. You need to know why I'm not immediately rushing to my computer or phone to talk about or watch a player I don't much care about.

If you read my post again, it was plural, I wasn't calling only you out. There are a number of people here that it applies to.

And I don't see why you should have to apologize or explain why you would or wouldn't rush to discuss sports on a hockey message board. Sports is a game. It's not that important. People have other things that are more important than responding on a sports message board about sports. It's implied or at least should be. My point wasn't to seriously ask why these people hadn't commented on Pulisic's play in his game today, although I do find it weird that you tried to criticize him today in comparing him to a Liverpool player. Maybe you didn't know he also had a good game today.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Good win for Chelsea against Ajax. Tight game but we really needed that win to keep competitive in the group after dropping the first game.

Pulisic's best performance for Chelsea despite only coming on in the 66th minute. That's the level of intensity and assertiveness that he needs to bring every time he plays. He's often been passive out there this year, but if he plays like he did today he's going to be a very good player for us going forward. Lampard's system really relies on that kind of movement and hopefully his work on the training ground is paying off here.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pulisic is better at creating something out of nothing, I would want him out there in regards to trying to tie up a big match up when you're down a goal. However, Ox is a much better consistent player and someone I would want to start the match. So take that for what you will...

Sorry to hear that bruv. Stay strong!

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You have been calling him a scrub for months but when it is in your interest he is cited as a promising young player. Not a single person on here is fooled

I warmed up to him recently, and changed my mind slightly a couple of months ago, which I have written many times. Still do not see him as a regular starter though, but since I have written positively about him for a while now, this is not strange. He was an absolutely horrendous footballer throughout last season but he has developed incredibly much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad