GWT: CL Matchweek 3

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I am hoping De Ligt is just going through growing pains, being as he just turned 20 and moved to a different country. I hope he doesn't bust.
Going to Juventus to play under Sarri, whose system leaves the backline completely exposed, seems like a bad career choice to me.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
https://www.prweek.com/article/1663...encers-build-hype-champions-league-home-games
The Premier League champions have run an ad on influencer marketing platform Tribe, asking for posts to "get across the great atmosphere of the Etihad".

The brief opens by admitting that Man City’s Champions League draw "has given us three relatively unknown teams" in Dynamo Zagreb, Shakhtar Donetsk and Atalanta, which means the club’s "core fans are less likely to attend".

The club would like to identify male students, young professionals and those new to Manchester (aged 18 to 55) to post content that can "tell an authentic and genuine story of what it’s like to be at a game".
Man City left red-faced at advert to 'showcase' stadium atmosphere
According to the Manchester Evening News, City sources have insisted the advert was produced without the knowledge or permission of anyone at the club.
This comes after Guardiola called on Man City fans earlier in the season to show support and be more engaged with the Champions League.

Speaking ahead of City's opening tie against Donetsk, the Spanish boss claimed the club's fans still favour winning the Premier League rather than Europe's prestigious prize.
Piss aside, I'm surprised they would solicit influencers (if they did) via such a public platform rather than more confidentially through an agency. This is the equivalent of posting Help Wanted signs along Influencer Street.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
VAR for offside in the CL has been brutal so far in terms of the graphics they've provided. Absolute incompetence in the room to not be able to provide a good image that shows both the ball and the offside call in a way that makes it clear to the viewer.

Reactions: gary69

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I hate offside rulings for something so minuscule. Nice to see it go our favor for the first time this season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gomez has concerned me in many of his RB appearances
Yeah, but he should be able to handle Genk. And he needs to get a game at some point. Is clearly 4th choice at CB right now. Honestly would have considered giving Virgil a rest if Milner was destined for RB today

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Lisandro Martinez and Edson Alvarez are absolute tanks in front of the Ajax backline, they work like absolute animals and win every duel, just what I would like to see at Arsenal.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I hate offside rulings for something so minuscule. Nice to see it go our favor for the first time this season.

I hope they would stop reviewing the offsides with VAR in the future, especially these marginal ones. Unless it's something blatantly obvious or clear error (like a metre offside) that the refs somehow missed. What's the need for linesman (ass refs) if they refer so many offside calls to VAR, offside calls are the most frequent thing they're expected to judge during matches.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad