• RB Leipzig vs. Zenit St Petersburg
  • Benfica vs. Lyon
Group H
  • Ajax vs. Chelsea
  • Lille vs. Valencia

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Neymar only plays in domestic games right? So that he can be transferred in January to another Champions League side.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Fantastic save from the Atalanta keeper vs. Aguero.

Aguero follows it up with an absolutely terrible miss. Foden looking fantastic.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
...aaaaand Illicic earns a penalty after an absolutely terrible giveaway by Mendy that allows Atalanta to break down his side freely.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yep, Sterling has been great. Atalanta are giving City a lot of problems though with their lack of fear of building from the back and opening them up down the flanks.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
de Ligt looked completely lost on the Juventus goal who was playing central defender? I mean, the whole team was in shambles defending that but he's so far out of position.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't understand that yellow at all for de Bruyne.

If the ref thinks he threw an elbow it's a clear straight red. If it's accidental, there's no reason for a card at all.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
de Ligt looked completely lost on the Juventus goal who was playing central defender? I mean, the whole team was in shambles defending that but he's so far out of position.

He has looked horrible this year.

Dinamo clinched a huge point earlier today. If Atalanta loses both games to City and Dinamo manages to scrape a win against Shakhtar at home they will play in spring for the 2nd year in a row and they'll travel to Atalanta to punch their ticket for the 2nd phase of the CL for the first time in their history.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't understand that yellow at all for de Bruyne.

If the ref thinks he threw an elbow it's a clear straight red. If it's accidental, there's no reason for a card at all.
He can think it was accidental but still careless/reckless (can't remember the exact wording atm) and it still warrants a yellow.

Reactions: Pouchkine

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Foden gets himself sent off for a second yellow. Not a great pass out of the back from Ederson and Foden decided to pull his man back.

Gotta be smarter than that and just let it go when you're up 5-1 in a game.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spurs finding form and confidence just in time for the Liverpool game sounds about right.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He can think it was accidental but still careless/reckless (can't remember the exact wording atm) and it still warrants a yellow.

I suppose, but the motion the ref was making was an intentional elbowing motion. If he thought de bruyne made that motion (which he didn't) it's a clear red.

I don't think a yellow for the action itself is all that crazy, little harsh for me, but not unprecedented. I just don't understand giving it based on the ref demonstrating to de bruyne what he thought he did.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

I am hoping De Ligt is just going through growing pains, being as he just turned 20 and moved to a different country. I hope he doesn't bust.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo clinched a huge point earlier today. If Atalanta loses both games to City and Dinamo manages to scrape a win against Shakhtar at home they will play in spring for the 2nd year in a row and they'll travel to Atalanta to punch their ticket for the 2nd phase of the CL for the first time in their history.

Important for the coefficient to try to finish 15th again, thanks to the horrible seasons by Hajduk and to a lesser extent Osijek, Dinamo pretty much need to get something like 7-8 points in the CL group stage to have a chance and they are halfway there. While the 5th place team in the HNL will probably be overmatched in Europe, Croatia will have two CL teams next season and hopefully more but they left Dinamo with a lot to do

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mbappe is just out of this world

Played PSG pretty well for an hour, only down 1-0. Then Mbappe comes on and destroyes us. Incredible player and incredible impact he has on that team.
Was thinking the same thing; if anything Brugge looked a little better (at least to start the second half when I started watching) and more dangerous until Mbappé came on. They just couldn't handle him at all.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I am hoping De Ligt is just going through growing pains, being as he just turned 20 and moved to a different country. I hope he doesn't bust.
He's very young and talented he just needs some time. The overhyping was a bit much; ten Hag built a very good system around some very good players all working collectively so well together. They haven't missed too much of a beat this season so far either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad