GWT: CL Match Day 5

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
You have Henderson playing 90 minute games lol...What's worse is that you spent what 100 million on the midfield. Amazing.

Yeah, I agree a midfield of Wijnaldum, Milner and Henderson isn't good enough. But we managed much better offensively with them last season. But Klopp must start to play either Keita or Shaqiri permanently

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Liverpool need to beat Napoli by more than 1 goal.

When I think about it. A must win Champions League tie at Anfield that's what that city lives for. Those games are in the Liverpool DNA.

Sucks I'm going on a christmas dinner with my job that night though.. :'(

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Henderson wasn't good enough. Keita shocking.

But on the other side of the pitch, Verratti had a truly awful match. Diabolical.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
So Liverpool needs to win by 2 at home. Tough but certainly possible, I remember many big wins at Anfield in those kind of games.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Spurs won, but have to play their final game against Barca (LOL). That isn't to say that PSV are a tough test because they clearly are, but I much rather play them if I were Inter than at Camp Nou.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
What do the 3 way tie breakers look like between PSG, Liverpool and Napoli if Liverpool win 1-0 and PSG draw?

If that happens Liverpool will have collected 6 points from games between those three teams, Napoli and PSG only 5, so Liverpool would go through

Sakicfan

Oct 30, 2006
Assuming that Liverpool beats Napoli, then the tiebreak rules are:

1. Number of points obtained in the group match among the teams in question --> Napoli 3, Liverpool 3

2. Ggoal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question --> Napoli is at +1 and Liverpool at -1. So if Liverpool wins by 2+ goals, they win. If they win by one goal, we go to the next tiebreaker.

3. Number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question --> To reach this tiebreaker, Liverpool has to win by 1 goal. So both teams are equal here.

4. Number of goals scored away from home in the groupe matches played among the team in question --> If Napoli scores a goal at Anfield, then they have an away goal and Liverpool has zero. So Napoli goes through. But if Liverpool wins 1-0, both are equal here.

5. Goal difference from all groups matches played --> Napoli is currently at +3 and Liverpool at +1. If Liverpool wins 1-0, both are equal at +2.

6. Goal scored from all groups matches played --> Napoli is at 7 goals scored and Liverpool at 8. So with a 1-0 win, Liverpool goes through.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Assuming that Liverpool beats Napoli, then the tiebreak rules are:

1. Number of points obtained in the group match among the teams in question --> Napoli 3, Liverpool 3

2. Ggoal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question --> Napoli is at +1 and Liverpool at -1. So if Liverpool wins by 2+ goals, they win. If they win by one goal, we go to the next tiebreaker.

3. Number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question --> To reach this tiebreaker, Liverpool has to win by 1 goal. So both teams are equal here.

4. Number of goals scored away from home in the groupe matches played among the team in question --> If Napoli scores a goal at Anfield, then they have an away goal and Liverpool has zero. So Napoli goes through. But if Liverpool wins 1-0, both are equal here.

5. Goal difference from all groups matches played --> Napoli is currently at +3 and Liverpool at +1. If Liverpool wins 1-0, both are equal at +2.

6. Goal scored from all groups matches played --> Napoli is at 7 goals scored and Liverpool at 8. So with a 1-0 win, Liverpool goes through.
Thanks.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
PSG > Liverpool
Napoli> PSG

Yea but the three ways don’t work that way.

Liverpool is on top of the 3 way tie breaker based on points in common games (2 wins vs 1 win and 2 draws)

The thing I don’t know is if the remaining tie breakers are applied to games among the three teams or if Liverpool is only dropped from those calculations after all the “among tied teams” finishes and there’s still a tie.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG has better overall goal differential. So I think they're through with a tie no matter why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad