GWT: CL Match Day 5

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
When they do something red card worthy, I will call in accordingly.
Where's your post about Milner being red card worthy? How many times has he hit Neymar's ankle after the ball was gone?

Anyway,
2-0 !
Napoli winning means Liverpool could be in a lot of trouble to qualify.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Liverpool look like they have this season, just giving up a few more opportunities that usual. But the attacking display is worrying

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That totally looked like a penalty live, but the replay shows Mane throwing himself to the ground before the contact.
Pretty sure I give it as a ref.
Too bad Mane cheated that one.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Where's your post about Milner being red card worthy? How many times has he hit Neymar's ankle after the ball was gone?

Anyway,
2-0 !
Napoli winning means Liverpool could be in a lot of trouble to qualify.
I dont think anything Milner has done has been red card worthy.

I'm not sure that was a penalty though (see I call it like I see it). Funny how this is playing a lot like the game at Anfield.

Either way looks like Liverpool will need to beat Napoli to go through.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I dont think anything Milner has done has been red card worthy. I'm not sure that was a penalty though. Funny how this is playing a lot like the game at Anfield.

Either way looks like Liverpool will need to beat Napoli to go through.
Three yellow cards is more than a red card.

By more than one goal.
But before that, PSG needs to finish out this game. Too bad about the (wrong) penalty because PSG was much better in that first half.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That totally looked like a penalty live, but the replay shows Mane throwing himself to the ground before the contact.
Pretty sure I give it as a ref.
Too bad Mane cheated that one.
Cheated is harsh word. Penalty was rightfully called.

Neymar bitching at VVD for some bewildering reason. lol. Good/great game so far. Just these DAZN commentators don't have a clue. The PK wasn't called straight away you can tel theres a debate going on and PSG players getting into it with the refs yet, the DAZN announcers are rabbling on about nothing. Then oh it's a penalty no emotion no anything. Yikes.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Three yellow cards is more than a red card.

By more than one goal.
But before that, PSG needs to finish out this game. Too bad about the (wrong) penalty because PSG was much better in that first half.
And zero yellow cards is less than 3. The worst tackle of the first half by far was Verratti's

As for Napoli, I am just glad that game is at home.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And zero yellow cards is less than 3. The worst tackle of the first half by far was Verratti's

As for Napoli, I am just glad that game is at home.
Verratti's foul was clearly the most dangerous. He refrained at the end which is why it wasn't a red.
Milner OTOH clearly is making every cynical foul he can on Neymar after the ball is gone. Textbook yellow. He did it three times.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Erh no, it wasn't a penalty.

But as I said, tough to see for the ref.
Mane initiated contact but ADM made it easy for him... He got none of the ball too. It's a penalty. Attackers do it all the time. Be it Neymar, Hazard or Kane.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Verratti's foul was clearly the most dangerous. He refrained at the end which is why it wasn't a red.
Milner OTOH clearly is making every cynical foul he can on Neymar after the ball is gone. Textbook yellow. He did it three times.
I think if Gomez would have rolled around like Neymar does it could have been red.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mane initiated contact but ADM made it easy for him... He got none of the ball too. It's a penalty. Attackers do it all the time. Be it Neymar, Hazard or Kane.
:huh:
Mane jumped to the ground before the contact. Doesn't matter if ADM got the ball after Mane was on the ground, so....
That's absolutely not a penalty.
The fact Mane isn't the only forward diving in this opportunity doesn't mean it's a penalty.
ADM making a stupid useless tackled doesn't mean it's a penalty either.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
By more than one goal.

Just a note that a 1-0 Liverpool would see them through based on away goals in head to head. 2-1 would put it to group goal difference (they lose that)and higher it goes to Napoli.

That’s all assuming liverpool loses today and Napoli holds on.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Just a note that a 1-0 Liverpool would see them through based on away goals in head to head. 2-1 would put it to group goal difference (they lose that)and higher it goes to Napoli.

That’s all assuming liverpool loses today and Napoli holds on.
Didn't Pool lose 1-0 at Napoli? How does a 1-0 Pool win put them through on head to head away goals?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
:huh:
Mane jumped to the ground before the contact. Doesn't matter if ADM got the ball after Mane was on the ground, so....
That's absolutely not a penalty.
The fact Mane isn't the only forward diving in this opportunity doesn't mean it's a penalty.
ADM making a stupid useless tackled doesn't mean it's a penalty either.
He makes contact with Mane...therefore it's a penalty. NO matter who draws the contact.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Didn't Pool lose 1-0 at Napoli? How does a 1-0 Pool win put them through on head to head away goals?

Was 2-1 napoli
Edit: nevermind I’m dumb. You’re right

Edit 2: yea so it was 1-0 which means any 1 goal win moves Napoli on. 1-0 means it’s group GD, 2-1 or higher and away goals takes it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad