GWT: CL Match Day 3

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Moussa Diaby has brought more in 3 minutes than ADM throughout the game, on both sides of the ball.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Basically, a Napoli player, left all alone by ADM, shot the ball without much danger, ball was bloced by Marquinhos and a Napoli player, ball came down to the Napoli player's foot who shot in the corner from 6 meters. Tough unlucky goal, but PSG's goal was also lucky.

Still have to wonder why Di Maria gets so much faith the way he's been playing last couple of years. Every now and then a moment of brilliance, but otherwise...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Still have to wonder why Di Maria gets so much faith the way he's been playing last couple of years. Every now and then a moment of brilliance, but otherwise...
My idea too. He gets praise din the media because he scored or assisted in blowout L1 games.
But every single big game, he's nowhere to be found. Tuchel likes him, but he needs to watch a replay of this game and especially the last goal.

This is very concerning game for PSG. They got completely shutout tactically tonight by Mister Carlo. They were toothless, without any inspiration. Except for the first 15 minutes of each half.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
My idea too. He gets praise din the media because he scored or assisted in blowout L1 games.
But every single big game, he's nowhere to be found. Tuchel likes him, but he needs to watch a replay of this game and especially the last goal.

This is very concerning game for PSG. They got completely shutout tactically tonight by Mister Carlo. They were toothless, without any inspiration. Except for the first 15 minutes of each half.
:laugh:
and there it is

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I know Di Maria scored but Neymar is the star for PSG today, the only one doing something, only one who seemed to want to score.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My hottake was that Atletico will win La Liga, but Simeone has got to be on the hot-seat after that type of performance. Not sure players are buying into what he's selling since they haven't been amazing in La Liga either.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
My hottake was that Atletico will win La Liga, but Simeone has got to be on the hot-seat after that type of preference. Not sure players are buying into what he's selling since they haven't been amazing in La Liga either.

The team has outgrown him for some time now... people just don't want to realize it.

Also he ain't that great.

Reactions: John Pedro

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The team has outgrown him for some time now... people just don't want to realize it.

Also he ain't that great.
I think he tends to play a bit too conservative and defencive at times considering the amount of talent he has on the squad. I get that BVB is having a good campaign thus far and cannot be taken lightly, however, Atletico should've lit up that back-line. I am not saying they would've won, but the game should've been a shoot-out at least.

Jardim would be an amazing replacement for him. Diego is clearly surviving by his CL reputation alone nowadays.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That was a thoroughly great performance by Dortmund. Maybe not 4-0, but we were the better team by a few goals. The first half was prettty even, but we definitely shaded it. They had one 15 minute spell of good play to start the second half, but the last 30 minutes were domination. We were playing too quick and Atletico looked very tired.

Diallo, Witsel and Hakimi were great. Simeone was completely out-coached by Favre. The narrow formation was dumb by Simeone. It gave Hakimi so much space to attack down the left. I hope Goetze also earned a bigger role after this game. The third goal was essentially his goal with how influential he was in that play.

Reactions: Ducks76

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
For me is Dortmund beside Liverpool the strongest team in Europe in the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad