GWT: CL Match Day 3

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Shaqiri has looked like a world beater since arriving. Interesting to see how some disappointing players turn out when they get to their second good team and know it's their last chance.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Shaqiri has looked like a world beater since arriving. Interesting to see how some disappointing players turn out when they get to their second good team and know it's their last chance.
Another really nice goal too...great ball from Wijnaldum to Shaqiri but Shaqiri's touch down to Salah was fantastic. Shaqiri really coming into his own here and I really like this current line-up.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yup, Ancelotti has Napoli tactically very well set up. Still PSG started very very strongly and could (should?) have scored.
But Napoli slowly came back into the game and had two golden chances (one post, one goal).
Totally deserved lead so far.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Even discounting the deflection goal, Witsel has been outstanding. I thought I would dislike the Goetze as a false nine experiment for this game and I don't like the idea of it as a permanent type of thing, but for this game its working. Atletico's CB's want a CF they can battle with. They don't want to have to deal with checking to the ball, quick movement, quick touches. Midfield looked better after Delaney unfortunately had to come off. Not going to wish for an injury, but the change to Dahoud in there helped out.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There's gotta be some major crow-eatting concerning Witsel on this board. He was always a solid player in my mind.
Have always liked him, and was really disappointed when he snubbed Juventus to get a paycheque in China. Thought it was a great signing for Dortmund.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Curious to see how Tuchel deals with this situation tactically, a bit of a true test

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad