GWT: CL Match Day 3

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't really remember the game that well, but I don't recall Liverpool outclassing PSG. They looked slightly better if I recall, but not to the extent that I would describe it as outclassing. I mean, it took a stoppage time goal to win at home. That's not really outclassing.

Well I felt overall they were controlling most parts of the game, and really the PSG goals came against the run of play (one of which was offside). It's one of those games that was sneaky domination IMO but either way, at that point they looked pretty good and since then they've looked pretty average. If we can even just one of Salah or Mane up to top form that would be ideal, because defensively the team has been doing its job for the most part. Though again, when Wijnaldum isn't playing the midfield has looked pretty bad as well; Keita and Fabinho are not up to speed and have been pretty meh in general outside of a few flashes from Keita.

It takes time, but especially if Liverpool are to compete on multiple fronts they need to start firing sooner than later because they don't have an easy CL group and City isn't going to stop rolling most teams in the PL.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Pretty rough first half in Brugge. Of course with Monaco struggling and Brugge not at their best in recent weeks this was kinda what I expected so I think 1-1 is a fair result at HT

However this is probably Brugge's best chance to win a game but so far they're playing their worst game of the CL group stage so far

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah Monaco sucks. They're right where they belong (in terms of play on the pitch) in the relegation zone in L1.
They have talents throughout their lineup so anything can happen. But as of now, they suck.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Brugge is all over Monaco this second half.
And Jemerson who dares to whine about taking a yellow which was WELL deserved. :facepalm:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Brugge playing much better now but I'm still scared everytime Golovin makes forward runs :laugh: We're leaving a lot of open space at the back which leaves us vulnerable for the counter attack, and Monaco do have a lot of pace up front

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Big game for PSG. They have to win this, but will play without their best defenseman and captain Silva (3 injured starters on defense).
Still they have the team to win this regardless.

If they lose, they could be out in the group stage for the first time. If they win, they're very much in the race to win the group.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yes Bobby!!!

Great team goal. Beautiful by Shaqiri and Robertson with a wonderful ball in as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nice goal by Napoli. First 20 minutes were PSG, but Napoli scores in their 10 minutes of dominating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad