GWT: CL Match Day 3

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Juve has been playing great but we all know United just needs one lucky moment

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I knew it......typical Juve, protect the lead.

Honestly I don't really feel like they've been doing that for most of the half, they've still been playing positive until this most recent pressure

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not really. I'd like him to stay in L1 though.
We don't see a huge amount of poaching in L1, majority of best players from Lyon and Monaco have gone out of the country. So, if he's really good (which I don't deny) I could see him going straight to Barca or Real

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dybala looked upset being taking off despite Allegri hugging him the other coach gave him a pep talk too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
We don't see a huge amount of poaching in L1, majority of best players from Lyon and Monaco have gone out of the country. So, if he's really good (which I don't deny) I could see him going straight to Barca or Real
I see him go to England really.
He still has work to do defensively, but once well coached, he'll be unstoppable.
He's like Vieira with great technique.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They won't go anywhere with players like him though.
They won't. They'll suffer defensively when they have Memphis and Traore not tracking back.
Of course, I'm sure you're watching the game and seeing how Lyon is having trouble defensively on the wings with Tete and Mendy being 1 on 2 all the time.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Meh, I've learned to take everything Evilo says about Memphis with a grain of salt.

I agree he's an ego and has his flaws, but come on.

Reactions: YNWA14

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
First yellow at the 86th on a totally unwanted foul. Beheading Ndombele didn't warrant one though?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
While I don’t think this game is Mou’s fault, I wonder if they get rid of him cause they need a change bad.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meh, I've learned to take everything Evilo says about Memphis with a grain of salt.

I agree he's an ego and has his flaws, but come on.
Come on what?
Watc the MF game. There's a reason no big team is coming after him. And Lyon should get rid of him for the good of the team.
Hoffenheim should have scored 4 or 5 goals in this game (they scored 2 already) and most came from Memphis and Traore looking at the game, standing.
Though to be fair, Traore is trying since they're ahead.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They won't. They'll suffer defensively when they have Memphis and Traore not tracking back.
Of course, I'm sure you're watching the game and seeing how Lyon is having trouble defensively on the wings with Tete and Mendy being 1 on 2 all the time.
I'm not watching (I'll have to wait until tonight for this one and maybe the Ajax game) but Memphis was listed as the CF when I checked and his heatmap suggests it was someone else that should have been playing on the left and supporting that side defensively, not Memphis.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
At most parts yes. Now it's pretty evident with Barzagli coming in.

With this much time left and United coming on strong, I'd say it's not out of line for any manager to worry about defending

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Come on what?
Watc the MF game. There's a reason no big team is coming after him. And Lyon should get rid of him for the good of the team.
Hoffenheim should have scored 4 or 5 goals in this game (they scored 2 already) and most came from Memphis and Traore looking at the game, standing.
Though to be fair, Traore is trying since they're ahead.

Sure.

I hope he gets out of Lyon too, we agree on that. He's more than ready for a top 4 league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad