Chychrun Megathread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Their was a reference to having a trade in hand at the draft and I have to believe it was Chychrun. I also know Jarmo would not pay that asking price so I think the trade would be something less than was has been all over the boards.

As for the Nyquist deal - we don’t know it is Nyquist and I can’t imagine Jarmo just doing a cap dump. He has mentioned Teams have already been in contact since the Johnny Hockey signing and he seems to have options ready but is focusing on the Laine signing (1-1.5 million apart on a 5-6yr deal).

Also Jarmo, JD and BA go waayyy back. They all know each other really well so again I don’t see either side killing it if a trade is put together, but this is the only thing that seems to fit criteria younger asset, team controlled contract and defense.

Both are probably 1-3 years out and we need a top d for the right side to play with Zach W. I know Chychrun is not a RD but he can play either side - I thought?
I meant as trade chips for Chychrun.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I think Ceulemans and the ‘23 1st would be the basis of any deal. The other piece might be Foudy or Texier and/or another pick, etc.
I doubt a ’23 1st would be part of this deal probably a ‘24. Every team knows the ‘23 draft is deep and talented and even Philly would not give up their ’23 1st to cap dump JVR to get Johnny Hockey.

Seriously no offense but If BA gets a mid-low ‘23 1st round then he is GM of the year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I doubt a ’23 1st would be part of this deal probably a ‘24. Every team knows the ‘23 draft is deep and talented and even Philly would not give up their ’23 1st to cap dump JVR to get Johnny Hockey.

Seriously no offense but If BA gets a mid-low ‘23 1st round then he is GM of the year.
I highly doubt Chychrun will be traded without at '23 1st coming back. Very little chance of that.

EDIT: unless you’re willing to pay the price to keep it. Which I’d say is a ‘23 2nd. BA is obviously playing the long-game. So, would he take a ‘23 2nd and a ‘24 1st as a substitute for that ‘23 1st? Sure. Probably.

Foudy (or some alternative), Ceulemans, ‘23 2nd, ‘24 1st for Chychrun very likely gets it done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nowotny

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Chychrun - Mayo
Ghost - Soderstrom
Nemeth - Timmins
Moser - Brown
Stetcher

I don’t see Soderstrom making the team out of camp.

They also stacked the D core enough to trade Chychrun and get no defenders back in a trade. They may start the season with Moser playing in Tucson, but I don’t see Chychrun on the opening night lineup.

sundance74

Oct 13, 2013
North of Puszta
Chychrun - Mayo
Ghost - Soderstrom
Nemeth - Timmins
Moser - Brown
Stetcher

I don’t see Soderstrom making the team out of camp.

They also stacked the D core enough to trade Chychrun and get no defenders back in a trade. They may start the season with Moser playing in Tucson, but I don’t see Chychrun on the opening night lineup.
Chychrun traded, Söderström to Tucson:
Ghost - Mayo
Nemeth - Stecher
Moser - Timmins
Brown

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

From this guys lips (or keyboard) to Dorion's ears :D
geez. a bad start for Ottawa might create some pressure for a move to upgrade. A bad start in AZ will be cheered loudly.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Yeah you might be right, I guess we'll see. I'm actually really curious to see how Florida starts off, their team is worse than last year and they never fixed their D after giving up a King's ransom for a Chiarot rental of all things. And then Chiarot signs with DET for the same AAV as Chychrun how crazy is that.

For me, Chych's contract is what raises his trade value to astronomical levels. I mean, Sergachev just extended 8.5m x 8, they are the same age and Chychrun is better (and making 4.6 for multiple years going forward).

Anyway every single team with cup aspirations / defensive needs should seriously considering this guy. Or even teams like Ottawa or NJ who want to speed up their rebuild and would be able to offer good young assets / prospects. Either way I would think BA gets an absolute haul if we decide to move him, and if not we have a stud 24 year old D to build around. Not the worst thing either way
Chychrun is better? :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: PainForShane

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Chychrun is better? :laugh:

If you put Chychrun on Tampa with the same TOI? Absolutely.

BA has the good kush and cap space, so the ask can be astronomical. It's just a matter of a GM getting there mentally.

If Florida trades Weegar then suddenly they will be a heavy Chychrun buyer, needing to dump Hornqvist.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
If you put Chychrun on Tampa with the same TOI? Absolutely.

BA has the good kush and cap space, so the ask can be astronomical. It's just a matter of a GM getting there mentally.

If Florida trades Weegar then suddenly they will be a heavy Chychrun buyer, needing to dump Hornqvist.
If if and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a wonderful Christmas.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Ottawa wants Weeger. Florida wants Chychrun. How do we make this work?

OTT: Weeger
FLA: Chychrun
ARI: Greig+Samoskevich+Zaitsev

???
I was coming to post something like this. i think the most obvious change would be something like Arizona retaining part of Hornqvist’s contract in another three way.

would Samsko and what ever Weegar gets from Ottawa make sense?
And why exactly would Florida trade Weegar if they’re trying to win now and he’s in their top 4?
Chychrun fits at LD and is cost controlled. He will expand our window a bit more.

Weegar plays better as a RHD as we learned in the playoffs but we have Ekblad, Montour and Gudas.

NJD: Smith+Holtz+1st
TOR: Sandin+Knies+1st
FLA: Knight+Samoskevich+Nause
I don’t see Knight being available with the cap drama. Last season it was a bit different based on adding him for the run and when we had more futures.

rt

May 13, 2004
I was coming to post something like this. i think the most obvious change would be something like Arizona retaining part of Hornqvist’s contract in another three way.

would Samsko and what ever Weegar gets from Ottawa make sense?

Chychrun fits at LD and is cost controlled. He will expand our window a bit more.

Weegar plays better as a RHD as we learned in the playoffs but we have Ekblad, Montour and Gudas.

I don’t see Knight being available with the cap drama. Last season it was a bit different based on adding him for the run and when we had more futures.
Samoskevich isn’t the prize there. It’s Greig.

You could dump Hornqvist on us if you had any picks. But you don’t. It would take a 2nd or a pair of 2nds, same as Nemeth. And you don’t have any.

Florida made a huge mistake going all in on rentals instead of paying the price for Chychrun. Old guys that didn’t get it done and then just left. Could’ve had a core piece.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Samoskevich isn’t the prize there. It’s Greig.

You could dump Hornqvist on us if you had any picks. But you don’t. It would take a 2nd or a pair of 2nds, same as Nemeth. And you don’t have any.

Florida made a huge mistake going all in on rentals instead of paying the price for Chychrun. Old guys that didn’t get it done and then just left. Could’ve had a core piece.
Eh, you asked for a piece much better than Chychrun which was the problem ;) If we could have gotten Chychun for what we gave for Giroux and Chiarot, I'd agree, but, at least on this board, you wanted the player in avatar who ;)

I'll never understand drives the prospect rankings here tbh.

rt

May 13, 2004
Eh, you asked for a piece much better than Chychrun which was the problem ;) If we could have gotten Chychun for what we gave for Giroux and Chiarot, I'd agree, but, at least on this board, you wanted the player in avatar who ;)

I'll never understand drives the prospect rankings here tbh.
I never thought Lundell was a real possibility. But you’re right, I wouldn’t have been happy with any trade that didn’t have Knight, Samoskevich and a 1st.

I’ve seen Greig play quite a few games. And also Samoskevich. So that’s what’s driving my prospect rankings. Greig wins faceoffs, hits, fights, stirs the pot, is a dual threat offensively and a dedicated two way player.

Samoskevich is a nifty winger who does cool things with the puck. I like him. I actually consider myself to be a big Samoskevich fan. But I wouldn’t trade one Greig for two Samoskeviches. That’s just me. :dunno:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I never thought Lundell was a real possibility. But you’re right, I wouldn’t have been happy with any trade that didn’t have Knight, Samoskevich and a 1st.

I’ve seen Greig play quite a few games. And also Samoskevich. So that’s what’s driving my prospect rankings. Greig wins faceoffs, hits, fights, stirs the pot, is a dual threat offensively and a dedicated two way player.

Samoskevich is a nifty winger who does cool things with the puck. I like him. I actually consider myself to be a big Samoskevich fan. But I wouldn’t trade one Greig for two Samoskeviches. That’s just me. :dunno:
preferably we need a D prospect coming back but barring that there is always a need for a top C prospect; especially one who plays with an edge that you can park on any of the top 3 lines depending on the status of our other prospects (Hayton, Geekie, Cooley, etc.)

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
preferably we need a D prospect coming back but barring that there is always a need for a top C prospect; especially one who plays with an edge that you can park on any of the top 3 lines depending on the status of our other prospects (Hayton, Geekie, Cooley, etc.)

As crazy as this sounds I'm just as concerned to get more top end winger prospects as I am defense. Center is my least concern between the 23 draft and now securing Coooley and Geekie. There's a big fall off in our winger depth after Guenther (24 or younger). Doan is developing very well but I'm not ready to consider him a top 6 upside winger yet.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

rt

May 13, 2004
Especially like Greig’s “optionality” (Chayka-ism) as he’s been a junior center but many have been projecting him as a pro winger. Maybe he’s a High-Breed (BAism).

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Especially like Greig’s “optionality” (Chayka-ism) as he’s been a junior center but many have been projecting him as a pro winger. Maybe he’s a High-Breed (BAism).
the comparisons to Mike Peca have me sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad