Waived: Chuck Kobasew Sent to WBS (Post #179)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Shero*

Thank god.

I'm not quite sure what took this long.

Last edited by a moderator:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Maybe someone from upper management watched practice today and realized Kobasew was still here.

I know of a guy who was laid off that way one time.

What you did there ... I see it :laugh:

As for the guy you know, that sucks for him ... just when you think you're safe, BOOM!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm with you on the "Kobasew is still on the team" part, but Gibbons has taken several shifts on the first line over Kobasew, including on Saturday night, when Kobasew was a healthy scratch, and Gibbons was in the lineup.

I think its pretty reasonable to assume that both Bylsma and Shero like Gibbons more than Kobasew at this point.

After all, if the Pens simply wanted to free up a roster spot, but still had some weird love for Kobasew, they could just send down Gibbons, who is exempt from waivers, or actually put Letang on IR retroactively (according to the team website, Letang and Martin are still active; neither is listed as being on IR).

Given the "Letang and/or Martin to IR" options, I'm starting to think they really will send down Kobasew when he clears waivers. (Then again, D'Agostini was claimed, so it's still possible that Kobasew could be, too).

I agree but we have to consider roles here. Yeah they tried Kobasew with Sid, but no NHL coach is stupid enough to keep that going so Gibby got a shot and did well so he stuck. That doesn't mean that DB would trust or want Gibbons in a 3rd or 4th line role over Kobasew.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Whaaaaaaat??? I had given up the thought that this could ever happen.

:cheers::5::wave::vhappy::party::partytime:

Oh, and his real name isn't even Chuck. It's Nicholas. Who changes their name from Nicholas to Chuck??? (I had to drop that tidbit of info because we will never speak of him again).

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Fan of another Metro Division team here, but I have only one thing to say:

whoohoo.jpg

Who's his replacement on the roster?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
What you did there ... I see it :laugh:

As for the guy you know, that sucks for him ... just when you think you're safe, BOOM!

Nah, that guy was useless, overpaid and a complete dick. I was glad he got let go.

Fan of another Metro Division team here, but I have only one thing to say:

whoohoo.jpg

Who's his replacement on the roster?

Vokoun? We don't care. Empty roster spot's an improvement over Kobasew on the wing.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
1 down, many to go

The biggest question now is how will the 3rd line look for the playoffs?

Conner-Sutter-Ebbett?
Conner-Sutter-Gibbons?
Glass-Sutter-Toby Peterson?

Whatever the combination may be, I'm sure it will be an absolute monster on the ice and play a hard noise, shutdown game against the best of the East. :help:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'll start cheering when more of Bylsma's pets are let go. Until then, it's like having one wisdom tooth pulled but still having 3 more giving you constant pain.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Adams HAS to be one to follow soon. It's a joke that he is still on this team. I've never seen someone perform so bad and keep their job. You can say +/- doesn't matter, but he's -11 on a team that is 1st. That is hilarious. 60 games - 8 total points. I think one or two were involved w/ shorty. 37.9% faceoff when he does get them. He also averages about 13 minutes a game.

He also is responsible for MULTIPLE non-clears that resulted in PPGs for the opposition. Point out one solid thing he does on our team.

What the ****?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Nobody would make room for Hemsky.:laugh: A Big Goodbye to preseason Chuck Kobasew who made this team with hope he would at least show a pulse during the regular season.:shakehead

Nobody? You willing to bet a penny on that?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Adams HAS to be one to follow soon. It's a joke that he is still on this team. I've never seen someone perform so bad and keep their job....

He also is responsible for MULTIPLE non-clears that resulted in PPGs for the opposition. Point out one solid thing he does on our team.

He's pretty vocal on the bench (get it deep! get it deep! time! you got time!) on a team that lacks guys who do that. That can be like having eyes in the back of your head when you're the guy on the ice.

Hey, you only asked for one thing ;P

Ideally I'd prefer calling Sill up when he's healthy and telling him to do that.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I agree but we have to consider roles here. Yeah they tried Kobasew with Sid, but no NHL coach is stupid enough to keep that going so Gibby got a shot and did well so he stuck. That doesn't mean that DB would trust or want Gibbons in a 3rd or 4th line role over Kobasew.

Kobasew has done so poorly that he's getting healthy scratched and waived, while Gibbons is still in the lineup, so I'm not seeing how you then come to the conclusion that Bylsma, the guy who has been scratching Kobasew, would trust Kobasew over Gibbons on the 3rd or 4th line. Note that in Sunday's game, Gibbons got a number of shifts on the third and fourth lines at times, with Sutter and Vitale.

That just seems like a bit of a reach to me.

I'll start cheering when more of Bylsma's pets are let go. Until then, it's like having one wisdom tooth pulled but still having 3 more giving you constant pain.

Kobasew hasn't been one of Bylsma's pets, though. He's been a frequent healthy scratch. He's been playing Gibbons on the top line, and Engelland at forward over putting Kobasew anywhere in the lineup. I'm not sure how that equates to being one of the "pets".

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'd be absolutely floored if we waived Adams.

That guy is going to be on the coaching staff after he retires, boys. You're hoping for him to be waived? LOL

I'd say we have a better chance at getting Kesler AND Luongo before we waive Adams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad