Waived: Chuck Kobasew Sent to WBS (Post #179)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ally22

Jul 3, 2013
tumblr_inline_mq9l4bFKvp1qgt71j.gif

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
So RS diabolic plan to get rid of DB has started now just have to waive adams and bylsma is at-least going to be to mentally unfit to coach. But he is alreadyunfit to coach a nhl team...

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
why? This is to make room for Chris Conner

Possibly. But there's one less obstacle for Gibbons and Megna. Conner was coming back either way.

I haven't seen anything this season to show me that Conner has preference over Gibbons. The latter has played with our best player for quite awhile now and was flanking Sutter before that.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I hate to be a downer, but just because they're putting him on waivers doesn't automatically mean they'll send him down if when he clears...

They could be doing this simply to keep their options open ahead of the deadline.

Also, they could call him back up after the deadline for the playoffs for "depth."

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Possibly. But there's one less obstacle for Gibbons and Megna. Conner was coming back either way.

I haven't seen anything this season to show me that Conner has preference over Gibbons. The latter has played with our best player for quite awhile now and was flanking Sutter before that.

There isn't one less obstacle for Megna as he isn't on the team. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays on the top line in WBS bumping Megna now if he is in the same side.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Hopefully he gets claimed but I doubt it. Pens need to send his ass to the minors if he clears like they did to Miro Satan in 2009. Had to start getting rid of the dead weight on this team at some point. Although there's still quite a bit of dead weight still on the team, imo.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Megna is in WBS still so this doesn't stand true.

He's also making considerably more than Kobe, Gibbons and Conner, while being waiver ineligible. I fully expect him to be called up sometime after the deadline when we have a clearer picture of our cap situation. I'm not a DB fan, but I think he knows that guy's speed can be a great asset for us come playoffs.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
There isn't one less obstacle for Megna as he isn't on the team. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays on the top line in WBS bumping Megna now if he is in the same side.

There's 14 forwards including Bennett now and not 15.

The negativity on this board has reached pretty ridiculous levels. Think positive for a change folks.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

You just called everyone out over Gibbons/Megna and there's literally no proof that this move has anything to do with either of them.

1) someone would have to be brought in to play 1RW to get Gibbons on the 3rd line

2) Megna would have to be recalled

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
There's 14 forwards including Bennett now and not 15.

The negativity on this board has reached pretty ridiculous levels. Think positive for a change folks.

I am going to think positively about this. Megna's chances just got better and more importantly Bylsma lost a player he can misuse horribly. At the very least the chances of forward Engelland improved and that's a significant improvement from Kobasew.

Kobasew is GONE!

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
You just called everyone out over Gibbons/Megna and there's literally no proof that this move has anything to do with either of them.

1) someone would have to be brought in to play 1RW to get Gibbons on the 3rd line

2) Megna would have to be recalled

Several people on here said Kobe would be playing ahead of Gibbons on the third line if/when we bring in someone for Sid. They were wrong.

I choose to be positive and think Megna will be recalled when our cap situation is figured out after the deadline. Unless Shero goes wild at the deadline with a few players on LTIR, I'm comfortable predicting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad