Waived: Chuck Kobasew Sent to WBS (Post #179)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Several people on here said Kobe would be playing ahead of Gibbons on the third line if/when we bring in someone for Sid. They were wrong.

I choose to be positive and think Megna will be recalled when our cap situation is figured out after the deadline. Unless Shero goes wild at the deadline with a few players on LTIR, I'm comfortable predicting that.

Again, you are attributing YOUR wants and beliefs to the Penguins organization and then using YOUR thoughts and beliefs to tell other people they were wrong when nothing to the contrary has happened.

Chuck Kobasew is still on the team and Gibbons has yet to take a regular 3rd line shift in his absence.

Shouldn't we wait for Gibbons or Megna to take a 3rd line shift before you say 'told ya so" ?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Several people on here said Kobe would be playing ahead of Gibbons on the third line if/when we bring in someone for Sid. They were wrong.

I choose to be positive and think Megna will be recalled when our cap situation is figured out after the deadline. Unless Shero goes wild at the deadline with a few players on LTIR, I'm comfortable predicting that.

How were they wrong? Just because Kobe is waived doesn't mean Gibbons would be on a Bylsma 3rd line.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Again, you are attributing YOUR wants and beliefs to the Penguins organization and then using YOUR thoughts and beliefs to tell other people they were wrong when nothing to the contrary has happened.

Chuck Kobasew is still on the team and Gibbons has yet to take a regular 3rd line shift in his absence.

Shouldn't we wait for Gibbons or Megna to take a 3rd line shift before you say 'told ya so" ?

But he really, really, really wants it to happen and he thinks it makes sense, so clearly a+b=c and its only a matter of time till it comes true. Why can't your dense brain see this?

Remember when getting ROR was his mantra? How about McGinn before that? One track mind that can't see anything else. Its like a horse running with blinders on.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I wanted them to offer him a contract during the preseason... and I am glad they gave him a shot... but man was he unproductive... best to make roster space for guys like conner, who may not be great, but at least they have some impact on games...

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
How were they wrong? Just because Kobe is waived doesn't mean Gibbons would be on a Bylsma 3rd line.

B/c he's ****ing played there this year. Good god. He's playing with Sid now b/c we have a huge hole on his RW.

I'll be happy to join the crapfest if DB scratches Gibbons in favor of Pyatt and Conner. But everything points to the opposite at this point.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
But he really, really, really wants it to happen and he thinks it makes sense, so clearly a+b=c and its only a matter of time till it comes true. Why can't your dense brain see this?

Remember when getting ROR was his mantra? How about McGinn before that? One track mind that can't see anything else. Its like a horse running with blinders on.

Well that's not very nice.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

If Shero picks up a winger for Sid, then Gibbons will play the spot he did before, on the third line. Do we not remember he played there?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Well that's not very nice.

I'm not trying to be mean. Just realistic.

You do this thing where you get one singular idea in your head and push it over and over and over again, all while projecting your own personal opinions on the coaching staff and Shero like you know what they will do even if its contrary go what they always have done.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
If Shero picks up a winger for Sid, then Gibbons will play the spot he did before, on the third line. Do we not remember he played there?

You stating it as fact. It's an opinion. It's also a hypothetical.

I'm all for I told you sos and rubbing it in faces, but wait for it to happen first?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
there is no reason for anyone to feel confident that gibbons will still be on the third line in a few weeks and there is zero indication we'll see megna again this year

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
You stating it as fact. It's an opinion. It's also a hypothetical.

I'm all for I told you sos and rubbing it in faces, but wait for it to happen first?

I'm stating something that happened before. He was playing with Sutter. Then got bumped up when injuries hit.

What evidence do you or anyone else have for him to be scratched if/when we bring in a RW for Sid?

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't understand why people are saying this is bad for Bylsma, he clearly didn't like Kobasew, he had Engelland play forward over him.

I know people don't like Bylsma, but let's not act like Kobasew was one of his favorites, because just like D'Agostini, Bylsma couldn't care less about Kobasew playing.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm stating something that happened before. He was playing with Sutter. Then got bumped up when injuries hit.

What evidence do you or anyone else have for him to be scratched if/when we bring in a RW for Sid?

Oh I don't know, how about Bylsma's entire coaching history in the NHL. When crunch time comes, he always resorts to the vets first.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Odd that Kobasew was at practice and playing on a line, then gets waived. You'd think they'd do that before practice, but hey, what do I know? Just glad they finally did it :handclap:

oh ... and ...
Rv0Zi.gif

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm not trying to be mean. Just realistic.

You do this thing where you get one singular idea in your head and push it over and over and over again, all while projecting your own personal opinions on the coaching staff and Shero like you know what they will do even if its contrary go what they always have done.

I think I'm pretty open about what to do at the deadline. I don't care if it's Kulemin, Stewart, Goc, Kesler. I latch on to things if they make sense for the team. I like hockey. I like the Pens. Feel free to hit the ignore button if you don't like what I have to say.

After seeing assets wasted last year on rentals b/c they didnt' fit in, I like to look at players in the lense of Shero/DB. Can they skate, do they address a need, would they see alot of ice under DB. Are they longterm fits.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Oh I don't know, how about Bylsma's entire coaching history in the NHL. When crunch time comes, he always resorts to the vets first.

This season with Gibbons, that's not the case. He's played him up and down the lineup.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
This season with Gibbons, that's not the case. He's played him up and down the lineup.

I said crunch time as in the playoffs. You are welcome to believe what you want. The whole reason this conversation came up is because you used Kobasew getting waived to prove yourself right on something that hasn't even happened yet.

Personally, I don't even want Gibbons on the 3rd line unless there's a dude with size on the other wing (that doesn't suck at hockey). I'd much prefer him as the 13th, 14th forward and Megna on the 3rd line.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Awesome news!! It would be great, if someone took him, but I don´t expect that. He´s still on the team, but there is a decent chance he will be sent to the minors now.

Taylor ****ing Pyatt and his 1.55M are still safe, though. Conner is about to come back. I still don´t see the light at the end of the tunnel, but one small step into right direction was made.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Praise Jesus.

Awesome news!! It would be great, if someone took him, but I don´t expect that. He´s still on the team, but there is a decent chance he will be sent to the minors now.

Taylor ****ing Pyatt and his 1.55M are still safe, though. Conner is about to come back. I still don´t see the light at the end of the tunnel, but one small step into right direction was made.

It's not 1.55 million.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So at least for the time being, with Kobasew waived that forces Bylsma to play Engo at forward, which in turns forces Bylsma to play Despres.

What a horrible day it must be for Bylsma. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad