Post-Game Talk: Christmas graduates again

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I didn't feel Koskinen was to blame. Grade A chances that shouldn't have happened. One was all him.
Though he did let in a lot of goals.

Wasn't strong on 3 of the goals. Had trouble being set and square to shooter. No reason not to seal on the Petersson goal. That's obviously going to be a shot. Just move across and give him nothing to shoot at. Koski is the biggest goalie I've seen. He shouldn't be giving anything on that bad angle shot.

Two other goals he wasn't set well. Looked surprised on first goal as well. A night to forget. I do think he struggles with guys that can roof it though.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Wasn't strong on 3 of the goals. Had trouble being set and square to shooter. No reason not to seal on the Petersson goal. That's obviously going to be a shot. Just move across and give him nothing to shoot at. Koski is the biggest goalie I've seen. He shouldn't be giving anything on that bad angle shot.

Two other goals he wasn't set well. Looked surprised on first goal as well. A night to forget. I do think he struggles with guys that can roof it though.

Interesting point on Petersson. I don't grade goalies well so I missed that.

He wasn't ready, but they were amazing opportunities being taken advantage of. They didn't muck up those shots.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Over 30 shots, plus a couple posts, but I never got a sense that the chances were that dangerous. Especially when you compare the shot quality vs. the Canucks. Koskinen got Talbot'ed (the team limiting the outside shots, but happy to leave the slot open), as this AHL defence got picked apart. Too slow to stop high end talent attacking through the seam, and too slow to get the puck to their guys when they had a chance to attack.

This games not the best judge, as Vancouver could sit back after 4 goals on 6 shots, but I never got the feeling this team could make 2+ passes in order to work the puck into a dangerous area.

They need Russell back asap, but they also need a trade as I don't think they can afford to wait until Klefbom (and Sekera) are healthy.

Just sacrifice the 1st for Vatanen, Faulk, or Green and call it a day.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-TRADE
Russell-Sekera

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Everyone I know who follows the team has the same ideas. Chiarelli not lasting and a new GM bringing their own coach in. Speculation on who that is usually ends up a Q.
well, i'm not quite sure connor's gonna have the patience for a significant improvement (serious cup contender) that may take a few years yet. i said it last novmeber but i think time is running short on connor's patience here. at this point it would not surprise me at all in a year or two if connor and the org just throw up their hands and part ways. the org might have the appetite to do this because of the vast wealth of assets he would bring in in a trade. obviously no where near ideal but it would not surprise me....

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I forgot to add that he’d be signing Yzerman to play wing. ;)

In all seriousness, 10M might not even be enough.

Don’t see Yzerman coming here and even if he did he’d be saddled with the management cinderblocks MacTavish Howson and that dipshit Green as well as a completely bloated and ineffective management structure the Oilers employ.

Unless Katz is willing to make significant and real change to the management structure and clip his OBC you could offer Yzerman $25M a year. Why would anyone want to come here with Katz loser OBC in phony management positions having a say at the table and having the ear of your boss? It’s like a f***ing Junior High School class.

Nothing changes with the Oilers till Katz cleans house from top to bottom and refuses to hire his OBC to do nothing than to do PR.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Don’t see Yzerman coming here and even if he did he’d be saddled with the management cinderblocks MacTavish Howson and that dip**** Green as well as a completely bloated and ineffective management structure the Oilers employ.

Unless Katz is willing to make significant and real change to the management structure and clip his OBC you could offer Yzerman $25M a year. Why would anyone want to come here with Katz loser OBC in phony management positions having a say at the table and having the ear of your boss? It’s like a ****ing Junior High School class.

Nothing changes with the Oilers till Katz cleans house from top to bottom and refuses to hire his OBC to do nothing than to do PR.

Yup. Move it to Seattle, give us the expansion team with new ownership.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Don’t see Yzerman coming here and even if he did he’d be saddled with the management cinderblocks MacTavish Howson and that dip**** Green as well as a completely bloated and ineffective management structure the Oilers employ.

Unless Katz is willing to make significant and real change to the management structure and clip his OBC you could offer Yzerman $25M a year. Why would anyone want to come here with Katz loser OBC in phony management positions having a say at the table and having the ear of your boss? It’s like a ****ing Junior High School class.

ironic how the OBC put edmonton on the map as far as hockey and now they're the ones responsible for the club's ineptitude.

6b14bf95848d7cbc274662ee68e397f8438b585e275af5b7dee51dac66cab350.jpg

space321

May 11, 2011
Over 30 shots, plus a couple posts, but I never got a sense that the chances were that dangerous. Especially when you compare the shot quality vs. the Canucks. Koskinen got Talbot'ed (the team limiting the outside shots, but happy to leave the slot open), as this AHL defence got picked apart. Too slow to stop high end talent attacking through the seam, and too slow to get the puck to their guys when they had a chance to attack.

This games not the best judge, as Vancouver could sit back after 4 goals on 6 shots, but I never got the feeling this team could make 2+ passes in order to work the puck into a dangerous area.

They need Russell back asap, but they also need a trade as I don't think they can afford to wait until Klefbom (and Sekera) are healthy.

Just sacrifice the 1st for Vatanen, Faulk, or Green and call it a day.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-TRADE
Russell-Sekera

This type of thinking is what got us here in the first place. Zero patience. We brought in Larsson for Hall because we needed that quick fix and look at how that worked out. You're now suggesting we give up the 1st for a quick first round exit, sounds like a great idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad