Post-Game Talk: Christmas graduates again

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I wouldn't expect 2nd line C's to be up in the tops 30 of c's with wingers who shouldn't be in the NHL. However every time those same C's get paired with a highly skilled player they produce.

So to me the mistake was made when we lost a line driver for our 2nd line and didnt replace them
sure.. lets go with that.
Do you think Drai-Nuge-Puljujarvi/Reider would be a productive 2nd line?

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Hitch had the team performing when they didnt have Gravel and Jones playing in top 4.
Klefa and Russell being out is a big factor why we are losing games of late.

Sorry Hanging on for dear life is not performing

Did they win Yep they bent so far but managed not to break. They did not dictate the games they absorbed them.

And the Dead Cat Bounce rule is real for almost every coach firing the team responds by usually winning for a bit but then reality sets in

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
sure.. lets go with that.
Do you think Drai-Nuge-Puljujarvi/Reider would be a productive 2nd line?

I think Nuge and Drai together would be productive

But now you've tossed McDavid to the wolves with no help what so ever

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I think Nuge and Drai together would be productive

But now you've tossed McDavid to the wolves with no help what so ever
and I think McDavid would still get his 100+ pts playing without 'help' . I am also sure Drai-Nuge wouldnt get anything going on the 2nd line.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
and I think McDavid would still get his 100+ pts playing without 'help' . I am also sure Drai-Nuge wouldnt get anything going on the 2nd line.

Eh i doubt he would hit 100, but Nuge and Drai would end up wit 50-60 pts ea playing together on the 2nd line which is avg for 2nd line players

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Eh i doubt he would hit 100, but Nuge and Drai would end up wit 50-60 pts ea playing together on the 2nd line which is avg for 2nd line players
so you dont think McD would score 46pts in next 45 games without Drai or Nuge on his ES line(s)?
Drai is only 15 pts away from hitting 60 this year so would surely get 60+
Nuge might not hit 60 though.

Also, away from Drai\Nuge, McD would have to be double shifted on 2 lines since there are no wingers who can keep up with him 24+mins a night.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
so you dont think McD would score 46pts in next 45 games without Drai or Nuge on his ES line(s)?
Drai is only 15 pts away from hitting 60 this year so would surely get 60+
Nuge might not hit 60 though.

Also, away from Drai\Nuge, McD would have to be double shifted on 2 lines since there are no wingers who can keep up with him 24+mins a night.

Were talking about playing away from mcdavid. Pretty sure that removes most of their points

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Positive from last night, imo, Jones is trusted enough to be out at the end of the game. I hope we can see him on the PP.

I thought Wideman looked like an NHL defenseman last night, so that's good too.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Hitch had the team performing when they didnt have Gravel and Jones playing in top 4.
Barely. Hitch had outstanding goaltending then. Now hes getting TMac goaltending. Im waiting for the fire Hitch chants

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Positive from last night, imo, Jones is trusted enough to be out at the end of the game. I hope we can see him on the PP.

I thought Wideman looked like an NHL defenseman last night, so that's good too.
Jones looks goooood. I love when he jumps up into the play. Wideman looked a lot better than garrison.

Reactions: Multigrain

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Most people on here last year and at the start of this year wanted Russell removed from this team for nothing. Now, he's a key piece? Where's all the Russell haters now? And we were getting outplayed in a lot of games even with both of those dmen, but Koski was playing over his head and keeping us in games until McDavid, Drai and Nuge saved us.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Most people on here last year and at the start of this year wanted Russell removed from this team for nothing. Now, he's a key piece? Where's all the Russell haters now? And we were getting outplayed in a lot of games even with both of those dmen, but Koski was playing over his head and keeping us in games until McDavid, Drai and Nuge saved us.

Idk who hates on Russell, he's been one of the most consistent D-men on the team this season. They desperately need him back.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
So glad I shut this game off, was 2-0 and I was like...nope! game over, going to go watch some comedy, which helped until I'd pause it and go check the score and scream "f***" my poor friend had to calm me down hahah. f*** this team.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
So glad I shut this game off, was 2-0 and I was like...nope! game over, going to go watch some comedy, which helped until I'd pause it and go check the score and scream "****" my poor friend had to calm me down hahah. **** this team.

Yeah the Oilers got the secondary screen treatment after the first

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
So glad I shut this game off, was 2-0 and I was like...nope! game over, going to go watch some comedy, which helped until I'd pause it and go check the score and scream "****" my poor friend had to calm me down hahah. **** this team.
It's best if you go to a shrink and get any semblance of memory of the schedule erased.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
They couldn't get a goal in the second half of the game even though they had the ice tilted in their favour for that part of it. I think the potential shooters of the Oilers should prioritize at least getting a shot on net on certain plays rather than looking for prime scoring chances in a somewhat static, rather than dynamic sense. Talbot, McDavid, and Draisaitl looked good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad