Player Discussion Chris Tanev, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know it won't be a popular post given how Tanev and the Canucks have started the season, but if by some miracle he stays healthy, I'd still aggressively put him in play at the trade deadline. He'd definitely be of interest to a playoff team in the East --the Leafs?

He's a UFA on July 1st, and I suppose the Canucks could still sign him on 'the rebound'. But buyer beware. With all the injuries he's had, the over-30 version of Tanev might not be pretty.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Missed the part of the game where he was injured, anyone have a gif of what happened, all they said on the broadcast after was upper body.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Missed the part of the game where he was injured, anyone have a gif of what happened, all they said on the broadcast after was upper body.
Pretty bad, probably 2-3 months out

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I don't think anyone has been able to identify a single moment as the cause of his injuries.

Reactions: 420Canuck

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
having tanev block all those shots especpailly on the pk. going down and returning back in the next period "a warrior" but evenutally he'll break down.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Chris Tanev is a marvel of the modern world.
He's 'a marvel' alright. It's a marvel that only 17 games in, and he hasn't yet had an injury that will keep him out a couple of months. But it's like'Russian Roulette' with Tanev right now. It's only a matter of time.

One of these days a shot will break his foot again, and that will be it. You can't fault his courage. But just once, I'd like to see him exercise some caution and just let the goalie stop the one-timers. You can't help the team rehabbing injuries for 20-30 games a season.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
having tanev block all those shots especpailly on the pk. going down and returning back in the next period "a warrior" but evenutally he'll break down.

It's....incredibly stupid.

I mean, full credit to him and everything but good Lord this team manages every game like it's game 7 of the finals and then wonders in December why everyone is hurt.

He leaves the Chicago game after the first period. They have another game in Winnipeg the next day, some 1,000 KM away. Just let him have the day off. Honestly.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I know it won't be a popular post given how Tanev and the Canucks have started the season, but if by some miracle he stays healthy, I'd still aggressively put him in play at the trade deadline. He'd definitely be of interest to a playoff team in the East --the Leafs?

He's a UFA on July 1st, and I suppose the Canucks could still sign him on 'the rebound'. But buyer beware. With all the injuries he's had, the over-30 version of Tanev might not be pretty.

While I generally agree, I would have traded him last year or the one before when he had higher value.

That being said I think he has always had more value here than he would gain back in a trade.

I also really wonder what kind of return he would get at this point given his injury history?

A 2nd, 3rd?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Because I'm a Canucks fan I know that Chris Tanev is a soldier, a warrior, a total badass who would play on crutches.

But if I wasn't a Canucks fan and I met Chris Tanev on the street and someone told me that he regularly fakes injuries at his workplace to get really strong drugs from his doctor I wouldn't be all that surprised.

Reactions: shottasasa

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Because I'm a Canucks fan I know that Chris Tanev is a soldier, a warrior, a total badass who would play on crutches.

But if I wasn't a Canucks fan and I met Chris Tanev on the street and someone told me that he regularly fakes injuries at his workplace to get really strong drugs from his doctor I wouldn't be all that surprised.
What the f*ck is this post?

You've had some doozers in the past but this might just be your all time low one!

Really, you think Tanev is a drug addict? Or looks like one or talks like one????

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
What the f*ck is this post?

You've had some doozers in the past but this might just be your all time low one!

Really, you think Tanev is a drug addict? Or looks like one or talks like one????
Yeah.

Tanev definitely looks like a stoner.

rTRiJjq.png

I can totally see him taking the biggest and fattest rips from the bong.

Is he a puff puff pass type of guy?

I like to think he is.

bandit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad