Post-Game Talk: Chris Lee spoils Habs's Blockaid -- Stinging loss to Wild, 3-4

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Is this team the only team in the league that uses grinders on every line ? Only team in the league that doesn't put their best offensive players together ?

Team breakdown from the Habs of offensive players only
2LW-2C-1RW
5Lw-1C-4Rw
1Lw-3C-3Rw
3Lw-4C-2Rw

Note all the best lines in the league
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Keller-Stepan-Kessel
Nyquist-Dubois-Atkinson
Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Forsberg-RyJo-Arvidsson
Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Kane-Hertl-Labanc
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Stamkos-Point-Kucherov
Miller-Petersson-Boeser
Pacioretty-Statsny-Stone and March-Karlsson-RIelly
Ovi-Backstrom-Oshie
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler

Why isn't it possible that this line stacks up their best players together ?

After listing them out, there's another team but they don't have any LWers worth mentionning. Toronto.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If he doesn't I do. :thumbu:

Mr frozen yogurt. :laugh:

giphy.gif

Yes, that's him! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If he doesn't I do. :thumbu:

Mr frozen yogurt. :laugh:

giphy.gif
Someone said that I had my own yogurt factory and I found this and posted it. We all had a great laugh, @Lshap messaged me to tell me that he had to remove it but because he was laughing so hard that he was going to wait awhile and allow everyone to continue laughing at it. A great GDT that night.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah, he made some mistakes but it could have easily been out of reach midway through the second if not for Kinkaid, that gets forgotten. Goalies need support and are only one member of a team full of players. Have you ever had an experience while watching where you knew that a goal against was coming? I have and it usually involves breakdowns in coverage or unnecessary mistakes by defenders. He could have been better I guess but he was not to blame for this loss from my vantage point.

I’m just frustrated with the backups. It’s only been a tiny sample size for Kinkaid but after Niemi last season, we need to get better efforts. A windmill save doesn’t mean anything to me. He was adequate at times. But we paid a little extra to get better and so far it doesn’t look like we have.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Someone said that I had my own yogurt factory and I found this and posted it. We all had a great laugh, @Lshap messaged me to tell me that he had to remove it but because he was laughing so hard that he was going to wait awhile and allow everyone to continue laughing at it. A great GDT that night.

Yeah probably won't last long but if I do get a slap on the wrist for posting it like I'm expecting it was worth seeing it here again. :)

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I’m just frustrated with the backups. It’s only been a tiny sample size for Kinkaid but after Niemi last season, we need to get better efforts. A windmill save doesn’t mean anything to me. He was adequate at times. But we paid a little extra to get better and so far it doesn’t look like we have.

I really had hopes for Lindgren, but they needed a better plan B.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yeah, I understand and I would be a hypocrite to ever criticize someone for the frustration caused by this team. He didn't have much help at times, there were failed assignments all over the place, he played good enough to win us the game, the team let him down.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
In no way do I want to defend this team. I'm just looking forward to seeing their true colors sgainst a struggling Sharks team and a good Leafs team, when we're not on a back to back.

Our record when we're not on a back to back: 4-1-2.
Our record when we are on a back to back: 0-2.

Our record when neither us nor our opponent is on a back to back: 3-1-2.
Our record when either we or our opponent is on a back to back: 1-2. (I think Toronto's the only opponent that we've face that was on a back to back, do I have that right?)

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
It's games like this that really hurt.2 points against a pathetic Wild team should have been easy. KK should be sent to Laval for awhile.He just cannot compete most nights and looks lost out there.He is too slow and needs to get his game in order Bring up Poehling or someone else that is doing anything in Laval.Speaking of slow Weber looks like he is going down hill fast.Oh and the latest Karl Alsner pickup from bargain bin Charriot or whatever the hell his name is nothing better than i pylon and turnover machine.Who the hell are scouting these guys...5 year olds?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's games like this that really hurt.2 points against a pathetic Wild team should have been easy. KK should be sent to Laval for awhile.He just cannot compete most nights and looks lost out there.He is too slow and needs to get his game in order Bring up Poehling or someone else that is doing anything in Laval.Speaking of slow Weber looks like he is going down hill fast.Oh and the latest Karl Alsner pickup from bargain bin Charriot or whatever the hell his name is nothing better than i pylon and turnover machine.Who the hell are scouting these guys...5 year olds?
Literally coming off a game where he dominated. You'd think that last game would have at least bought him one game before he's thrown under the bus again.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Literally coming off a game where he dominated. You'd think that last game would have at least bought him one game before he's thrown under the bus again.
We often forget he is only 19 but personally I think some AHL seasoning might really help him.

Reactions: Runner77

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Neither are doing anything
Leks has the 2nd most ice time. He provides nothing
He’s a glorified 4th liner who we all fell in love with in his rookie year

Lehk's contributes but it's just overshadowed by what you said, which I agree with.

He does the little things good, but he's not a point producer at this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad