Confirmed with Link: Chris Kunitz to 1 yr deal ($1m) , Brandon Manning to 2 yr deal ($2.25m aav)

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I don’t want to comment on the quality of the Kunitz or Manning signings as I’m sure there’s a majority opinion similar to mine already.

I do want to apologize for Manning and Boxcar though. Positive is if Manning is a 7th he’s good because he’s a great locker room/character guy and he’s young. Boxcars incessant positivity (albeit largely toward Manning) can be refreshing during bad times. My biggest sympathies if Manning is more than a 7th (been there) and Boxcar is entirely a fan of Manning and not the team. Haven’t seen a post from him on the Flyers board since this signing.

Hey GG, good to hear from you. The Hawks have been my second favorite team since Dave Manson’s tenure in the 80’s. I was very happy to see Mandog sign with them.

He had a slightly rough second period tonight but looked better in the third. I still think he will do well under Q.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hey GG, good to hear from you. The Hawks have been my second favorite team since Dave Manson’s tenure in the 80’s. I was very happy to see Mandog sign with them.

He had a slightly rough second period tonight but looked better in the third. I still think he will do well under Q.
you must have worked for Hillary Clinton's campaign....

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

I think I remember you saying something extremely similar about the Flyers when Manning was brought up. Were you posting on the Hawks board before Manning was signed? Because my point kind of stands.

Putting aside that you said *second* favorite team. Who’s your first? Just curious if you post there at all.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Manning reminded me of Andrei Zyuzin out there...better served as a traffic cone to direct parking into the UC before the game.

I think he's payback for Sharp.

I know it's one game but still, that was not a good showing.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think I remember you saying something extremely similar about the Flyers when Manning was brought up. Were you posting on the Hawks board before Manning was signed? Because my point kind of stands.

Putting aside that you said *second* favorite team. Who’s your first? Just curious if you post there at all.
I don't believe he has ever posted here prior...

I have no problems with his posts and we throw some jabs at him, but it is a bit obsessive when the only posts he makes is about the guy in his avatar.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Manning really needs to play like he did in the 1st because he will be watching a lot if he plays like he did in the 2nd and 3rd. He just tries to do to much and he does not have the ability. He needs to realize he is a 6D and not a 2D.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Brandon Manning is bad at hockey and I honestly think he might not make this team considering how Davidson has played. That would look very bad on Stan Bowman.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Brandon Manning is bad at hockey and I honestly think he might not make this team considering how Davidson has played. That would look very bad on Stan Bowman.

Which is probably why he will make the team, but I hope you’re right about him not making it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Let's cross streams and pair Seabrook and Manning. Let's blow up the world.

tumblr_p94tlvXY9n1wzvt9qo1_500.gif

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I mean, Toews scored twice, Keith scored lol..and we put up 6 goals and still lost..this might be a very entertaining season! After seeing Boqvist out there again last night, honestly...how the f*** does he not make this team????

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad