Confirmed with Link: Chris Kunitz to 1 yr deal ($1m) , Brandon Manning to 2 yr deal ($2.25m aav)

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm just speculating because to trade someone who's merch is in the team store would be awkward. They could still do it though.

Doesn’t every player have some time of merchandise in the team store?

I have a hard time believing they stripped the team store of all Hartman sweaters weeks before trading him.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Manning was just signed a few months ago, many of us knew he was garbage and the white knights came to the aid the Stan saying give him time but he gave him another contract that wasted not only money but cap space for two years. Now we have come to this, Stan has realized it was a mistake after the damage was done, he keeps making mistake after mistake and it doesn’t seem that he is learning from the past. Stan will sink the team further.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Manning was just signed a few months ago, many of us knew he was garbage and the white knights came to the aid the Stan saying give him time but he gave him another contract that wasted not only money but cap space for two years. Now we have come to this, Stan has realized it was a mistake after the damage was done, he keeps making mistake after mistake and it doesn’t seem that he is learning from the past. Stan will sink the team further.
bruh.....

Reactions: Rick C137

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
as i have been ranting, if SB sticks to drafting and scouting, let someone else do the trading and fa signing.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Manning was just signed a few months ago, many of us knew he was garbage and the white knights came to the aid the Stan saying give him time but he gave him another contract that wasted not only money but cap space for two years.

I think it was @hawksrule who said this, but the Manning signing was the only signing that I can remember that literally everybody on this board was against from the start. That's how bad we all thought and knew it was and it was a monumental day (history for HF) on this board.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Ah. Well maybe both of those we all knew. :laugh:

For sure, he could have just as easily been talking about Manning. The whole set of offseason moves screamed tank to me, that’s why I ain’t even mad, hell of an offseason by Bowman. Got Kunitz and Manning.

I get that people are tired of watching Manning though. Not fun to watch how the sausage is made.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
For sure, he could have just as easily been talking about Manning. The whole set of offseason moves screamed tank to me, that’s why I ain’t even mad, hell of an offseason by Bowman. Got Kunitz and Manning.

just like to point out, if this is true, ref the bold, then why waive Rutta and should have kept Joker in juniors .....

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
just like to point out, if this is true, ref the bold, then why waive Rutta and should have kept Joker in juniors .....

I don’t know about Rutta but with Joker possibly heading to the World Junior Championship, maybe there is some regret there.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don’t know about Rutta but with Joker possibly heading to the World Junior Championship, maybe there is some regret there.
my opinion is and i am advising that it may be skewed, but SB didn't have that ability to think like how you said. i am saying this b/c of past fa dealings.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
my opinion is and i am advising that it may be skewed, but SB didn't have that ability to think like how you said. i am saying this b/c of past fa dealings.

I think this offseason was unique with Crawford’s concussion. He figured just do nothing and let Crawford and everyone else prove they were a playoff team, which they haven’t done, so we stand pat and watch it burn.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think this offseason was unique with Crawford’s concussion. He figured just do nothing and let Crawford and everyone else prove they were a playoff team, which they haven’t done, so we stand pat and watch it burn.
then this will prove, at least my argument that SB can not see the state of a team, which as a gm he should be able to.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What? No Joker should not have stayed in Juniors as he had nothing to gain there as a player. He has clearly been an NHL quality D (top 4 already).
and obviously you didn't read the whole discussion. we were discussion the possibility of SB tanking and that is why we have Manning.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
and obviously you didn't read the whole discussion. we were discussion the possibility of SB tanking and that is why we have Manning.

I did but you don’t stunt growth for a tank, which is what you would have done by sending Joker back to juniors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad