Value of: Chris Kreider

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
"Yamamoto, Bear and 2 first round picks?
Forr who? Chris Kreider? Are you serious? Lmfao.

If we're moving out 70% of our future then you best believe we're aiming a hell of a lot higher than Krieder, even with Lucic in the deal.

Hey, here's something. How about we keep all our good young prospects and 2 firsts and let Lucic bounce back to the 50 points norm. We get basically the same production as Kreider without sacrificing a hugeee chunk of our future. K thx.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Forr who? Chris Kreider? Are you serious? Lmfao.

If we're moving out 70% of our future then you best believe we're aiming a hell of a lot higher than Krieder, even with Lucic in the deal.

Hey, here's something. How about we keep all our good young prospects and 2 firsts and let Lucic bounce back to 50 points norm. We get basically the same production as Kreider without sacrificing a hugeee chunk of our future. K thx.

Right. And Marc Staal is going to bounce back to his elite shutdown defensive norm that went toe-to-toe with Ovechkin in 7 game playoff series'.

Reactions: haveandare

thepuckguru

Jan 6, 2017
Ok, then you're not getting Kreider.

The Rangers have ZERO reason to trade Kreider for a package of expendable players and especially if they're retaining salary.

That's an ATROCIOUS offer.
A first from a team that didn't make the playoffs, a 2nd and a 3rd, a young versatile bottom 6, another bottom six guy with size and a young depth defenceman.
Rangers would be stupid not to jump on this. That is too much for Krieder.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
For taking on Lucic on top of Kreiders value we best be getting an over the moon haul.

I would almost value what the Oilers would have to pay us to take on Lucic the same for the return we would get Kreider

Oh ok I didn’t realize that would be the Lucic also price as well. Honestly yeah he had a bad half season but rumours of his demise are much overblown. I’m not seeing guys like Ladd or Okposo or even Saad getting the ‘best if dumped by’ negative value pricing. Lucic was actually damned good until Christmas, after which point he couldn’t have hit the ocean from the beach.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Kreider is not worth trading for on HF, he is valued like the superstar he isn't and they expect either one of your best young players or compilation of top picks and prospects back for him. I just don't think it makes sense to move those for a 27 year old with a career high of 53 points. No matter how good his fancies look, he hasn't shown once that he is a 60 or 70 point player and has only shown 50 points/50 point pace twice. The Rangers value Kreider way more than you do and the cost isnt worth the player you're getting back. Dont @ me.

Also, saw talk about Kreider for Mcavoy above. Lol, what are you on. Mcavoy is a 20 year old dman that played stellar in his first season and hes on an elc. Please don't tell me you actually think Kreider for Mcavoy is fair hahaha.

I like Kreider - everybody likes Kreider - but I honestly don’t know if there’s a player in the league whose perceived value by the fan base lines up so weirdly with the on-ice results. McAvoy? multiple firsts and blue chip prospects? Like I get spitting on the 2nd+3rd+meh+fart offers but a 1st, a 2nd, Caggiula and Kassian is a damned good offer.

His career high is 53 points and he’s 27 years old. He’s now on a rebuilding team that lost three of its top nine scorers. I don’t think he’s putting up much more impressive numbers in the last two years of his deal.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I like Kreider - everybody likes Kreider - but I honestly don’t know if there’s a player in the league whose perceived value by the fan base lines up so weirdly with the on-ice results. McAvoy? multiple firsts and blue chip prospects? Like I get spitting on the 2nd+3rd+meh+fart offers but a 1st, a 2nd, Caggiula and Kassian is a damned good offer.

His career high is 53 points and he’s 27 years old. He’s now on a rebuilding team that lost three of its top nine scorers. I don’t think he’s putting up much more impressive numbers in the last two years of his deal.
Exactly my thoughts. Not worth it at all imo.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
NY would add but we'd want McAvoy
yeah, I hear the negatives coming, but that is what we'd want/what it would take
If McAvoy is made available, Krieder would not be the main piece, he'd be an add to a much better piece. As a Leafs fan, i would pay large for McAvoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grabner

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If McAvoy is made available, Krieder would not be the main piece, he's be an add to a much better piece. As a Leafs fan, i would pay large for McAvoy.
Id pony up A LOT for Mcavoy as well from the Oil. Kreider doesn't come close. Mcavoy would never be made available anyway so its a moot point.

Reactions: TFHockey

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Correct. As a Leafs fan, i am required to hate the Bruins...(it was 4-1)....but not gonna lie, i have a man crush on McAvoy...
Mcavoy, Provorov, and Jones/Werenski are guys Id kill to have on my team. So freakin good at such a young age. Im hoping and praying Bouchard can be that guy for us, he has a pretty good chance at it too.

Reactions: Liferleafer

effen

Feb 3, 2018
some of these offers are close but are lacking the requisite 2021 4th and 2022 6th rounders Kreider would command.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
in fact, i dont want your 7th and 10th best prospects to go along with a 2nd in a random year and a 3rd in another year.

I DEMAND your 6th and 9th best prospects and you know what, your 18th best prospect too or NO DEAL

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
The reason why Kreider is so valuable amongst us is a ton of reasons. His points don’t show it but he shows flashes of dominance occasionally which make people think he’s ready to break out. He’s one of the strongest and fastest players in the league and if he puts it together like he occasionally does, he’s unstoppable. For years we’ve been waiting for him to truly breakout but I do believe next year is “the” year. Kreider is captain material and gives max effort, a good role model for the younger guys. He’s great in the playoffs as well and is a possession monster. Points don’t tell the story with Kreider. Prior to last year, his main issue was consistency and IQ. His hockey IQ looks to have improved around the 2nd half of the season where he was a beast. He needs to work on consistency though and I’m hoping his good IQ of last year stays. Can admit a lot of Ranger fans overvalue him but it could be justified. it wouldn’t just take a mid 1st+decent prospect+2nd or something, it’d have to be an overpayment. We have no LW depth either so taking out Kreider would kill the LW side for us. Hope everyone understands. The McAvoy talk is crazy though

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
A first from a team that didn't make the playoffs, a 2nd and a 3rd, a young versatile bottom 6, another bottom six guy with size and a young depth defenceman.
Rangers would be stupid not to jump on this. That is too much for Krieder.

No, that offer is atrocious. It's quantity over quality. Caggiula doesn't do anything that someone like Jesper Fast could do for them and Kassian is a bust who was taken 6 spots before Kreider yet has a career total of 117 points and played his first NHL games before Kreider did.

The offer is a pile of hot garbage outside of the 1st rounder and a 2nd.

1st and a prospect is what the Rangers should and most likely would ask for Kreider.

thepuckguru

Jan 6, 2017
No, that offer is atrocious. It's quantity over quality. Caggiula doesn't do anything that someone like Jesper Fast could do for them and Kassian is a bust who was taken 6 spots before Kreider yet has a career total of 117 points and played his first NHL games before Kreider did.

The offer is a pile of hot garbage outside of the 1st rounder and a 2nd.

1st and a prospect is what the Rangers should and most likely would ask for Kreider.
I would argue that a first and a 2nd and a 3rd is equivilant to a first and 2 prospects. In the meantime Kassian and Cags would fill in as roster spots for two years while picks begin to develope and can be traded for further draft picks down the line.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I would argue that a first and a 2nd and a 3rd is equivilant to a first and 2 prospects. In the meantime Kassian and Cags would fill in as roster spots for two years while picks begin to develope and can be traded for further draft picks down the line.

Ok, then we'll trade you 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Fast (who is one of the better bottom-6 forwards in the entire league) and Spooner for Draisaitl.

Sounds like a good deal? Great, I'm sure Fast and Spooner can replicate Draisaitl's production while the picks develop. I mean Fast is good for 30 and Spooner for 40-50, so Draisaitl at 70+ points, it evens out, right?

I'll tell you what, I'll even let you have your pick of either Namestnikov or Spooner.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The smart play is to let teams come to the Rangers asking about Kreider

String them along.

Any kreider conversation should result in a deadline trade.

If the other team balks because of the delay, they were never serious about acquiring the player

Reactions: Rangers_23

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kreider is a faster, less versatile, Charlie Coyle. Good players that every teams want because of their speed/ strength combo, but frustrating because of their inconsistencies.
Sometime they look dominant, other times you can't find them with a searchlight. Hard to value because of this....Coyle and Kreider on the same line would be amazing when they were both " on".

If Winnipeg got their hands on him they would be incredible.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Ok, then we'll trade you 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Fast (who is one of the better bottom-6 forwards in the entire league) and Spooner for Draisaitl.

Sounds like a good deal? Great, I'm sure Fast and Spooner can replicate Draisaitl's production while the picks develop. I mean Fast is good for 30 and Spooner for 40-50, so Draisaitl at 70+ points, it evens out, right?

I'll tell you what, I'll even let you have your pick of either Namestnikov or Spooner.
It’s almost as if draisaitl has 10x the value of 50 point Kreider

Reactions: Brock Radunske

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If you want Kreider, come talk to us at the deadline. Depending on his year, and where the Rangers are at, maybe he becomes available. Doesn't make sense trading him going into the season.

Is Kreider worth a young, cost controlled player, 22-24, already putting up 50 + points and looking like a stud? No, probably not. But those players are worth far more than mid first round picks and meh prospects. If I'm trading Kreider, I do it at the draft, or I look to maximize the trade on real good expendable prospects, from teams in Win-now mode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad