Value of: Chris Kreider

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Last time i checked Kreider just came off an injury riddled season and had 37pts. What makes you think his value is so high at the moment?

League wide demand
dominates when he plays w/full motor
primary injury was blood clot issue which is one off, not ongoing

He commands top dollar overpayment, or we keep him, happily

Reactions: slg1963

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
AV gets bashed a lot from Ranger fans for his garbage D zone strategy, and rightly so, but I really think he did his biggest injustice to guys like Kreider and Miller. He continually moved them around the lineup and they never seemed to play with the confidence they should have. Miller, while playing with Tampa and some fantastic linemates, played a much more confident style. Maybe because he didn't have AV waiting to sit him down for making a mistake.
Anyway, I think given the right situation, Kreider could be a 60-70 point player. Unfortunately, it will not be with the RAngers this upcoming season.

A gazillion times this.
the last po game vs OTT, when NY was losing and AV forced to bend, buckle and break and give up his stupidity of coaching futility and let Kreider be Kreider, CK dominated 2nd quarter and was still a factor as more and more Sens covered him, almost single handedly winning game.

FY AV FY

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Krieders value is more to the rangers then other teams so i doubt their is a trade out there. However he has good term and cap hit so for a team that has prospects coming up and draft picks they can move he would be a great stop gap.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You gotta pay if you want the modern-day Dave Keon.

when they drafted him, he was a skinny kid who was already ranked as a top 5 skater in NHL then.
He bulked up, but thankfully it did not slow him up

He was, for better or worse, purposed not as the C he was but as a LW.

I said -- at the time he was a C -- best case scenario is a Keon ceiling. His shot lacks the finesse of Keon. His scoring is based on chances from size and speed, less from prowess as a shooter/sniper. But the point about speed, which is the principal trait, was correct.

Keon or not, he will cost.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't think the Oilers can make an offer - Klefbom maybe, but I'm not sure if we would want to weaken our blueline further for another winger. We don't have the space or quality expendable assets to make much of an offer unless the Rangers decide to purge him for picks and take a cap dump.

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
when they drafted him, he was a skinny kid who was already ranked as a top 5 skater in NHL then.
He bulked up, but thankfully it did not slow him up

He was, for better or worse, purposed not as the C he was but as a LW.

I said -- at the time he was a C -- best case scenario is a Keon ceiling. His shot lacks the finesse of Keon. His scoring is based on chances from size and speed, less from prowess as a shooter/sniper. But the point about speed, which is the principal trait, was correct.

Keon or not, he will cost.

No. You did not characterize the comparison that way at the time.

You said he was the next Keon, not solely based on speed or a best-case scenario, which is why the most absurd player comparison I've ever seen endures years after the fact. Don't cower and distance yourself from it now simply because the message board doesn't leave any traces of your hilariously off-base evaluation. Own it.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
A gazillion times this.
the last po game vs OTT, when NY was losing and AV forced to bend, buckle and break and give up his stupidity of coaching futility and let Kreider be Kreider, CK dominated 2nd quarter and was still a factor as more and more Sens covered him, almost single handedly winning game.

FY AV FY
Yes imagine how ugly it would have been if Kreider didn't score those 2 touchdowns in the 2nd quarter.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I don't think Rangers are looking for defense in a Kreider trade.

We have too much depth at that position as is (not that it's a bad thing).

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
I don't think Rangers are looking for defense in a Kreider trade.

We have too much depth at that position as is (not that it's a bad thing).

The Rangers have depth at LHD, but only four RHD in the pipeline (Pionk, DeAngelo, Lundkvist, and Keane), and they all fit on opposite ends of the range between needing a few years of development to make-or-break time. I wouldn’t trade Kreider just because it isn’t known at this time whether or not Chytil and/or Andersson can make an impact on the Rangers’ top-six this season. If neither does, ship him off. If one or both elevate the team by any meaningful degree, keep Kreider and accelerate the rebuild a bit. CK isn’t so old that he can’t realistically help the team compete for the next half-a-decade.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Anyway, I think given the right situation, Kreider could be a 60-70 point player. Unfortunately, it will not be with the RAngers this upcoming season.

Kreider is a good player but no one is going to pay for the hope of a 60-70pt player from a guy who has a career high 53pts. He's closer to exiting his prime at 27 years old than he is entering it. Aside from maybe an anomaly-season, they are what they are at that age. The market-value is for a physical, 50pt 2nd pairing winger with good speed. I don't know what that returns, but I suspect it will be a fair amount less than the price-tags that are being thrown around from Rangers fans.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
"You won't take the worst contract in the league off our hands so here's a horrible offer for your most valuable trade piece."

????

Let's just say we were taking Lucic in this deal. I'm not even sold on Puljujarvi anyway. So what else do you have to offer. Yamamoto, Bear and 2 first round picks?

Now, at the other end of the deep end, is this insanity. Kreider is in no way shape or form worth two firsts and two of our top three prospects.

Reactions: TML1990 and 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Kreider is not worth trading for on HF, he is valued like the superstar he isn't and they expect either one of your best young players or compilation of top picks and prospects back for him. I just don't think it makes sense to move those for a 27 year old with a career high of 53 points. No matter how good his fancies look, he hasn't shown once that he is a 60 or 70 point player and has only shown 50 points/50 point pace twice. The Rangers value Kreider way more than you do and the cost isnt worth the player you're getting back. Dont @ me.

Also, saw talk about Kreider for Mcavoy above. Lol, what are you on. Mcavoy is a 20 year old dman that played stellar in his first season and hes on an elc. Please don't tell me you actually think Kreider for Mcavoy is fair hahaha.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Now, at the other end of the deep end, is this insanity. Kreider is in no way shape or form worth two firsts and two of our top three prospects.

For taking on Lucic on top of Kreiders value we best be getting an over the moon haul.

I would almost value what the Oilers would have to pay us to take on Lucic the same for the return we would get Kreider

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad