Value of: Chris Kreider

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I chuckled
Sad thing is it is a possibility. I mean we got McD and Jt Miller for a 1st, 2nd, Namestnikov, Howden and a defensive prospect that was jumped in the ranking. I don't think Kreider has that much more value than JT Miller. In fact I think JT is better at this stage in their careers. There is a lot of injury risk for Kreider even though he was a great 2nd liner at one time.

Last edited:

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Sad thing is it is a possibility. I mean we got McD, Namestnikov, Jt Miller for a 1st, 2nd, and a prospect. I don't think Kreider has that much more value than JT Miller. In fact I think JT is better at this stage in their careers. There is a lot of injury risk for Kreider even though he was a great 2nd liner at one time.

McDonagh and Miller were traded for Namestnikov, a first, another conditional first/second, Hajek, and Howden.

The bloot clot was Kreider’s first major injury in the NHL, and he came back playing as well as ever.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Sad thing is it is a possibility. I mean we got McD, Namestnikov, Jt Miller for a 1st, 2nd, and a prospect. I don't think Kreider has that much more value than JT Miller. In fact I think JT is better at this stage in their careers. There is a lot of injury risk for Kreider even though he was a great 2nd liner at one time.
Whatever you're smoking, pass it on man. We'd all like to indulge a little.

Reactions: Rangers_23

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Interesting line of thinking. Completely disagree. And lol that you think a freak blood clot makes him injury prone.

thepuckguru

Jan 6, 2017
Absolute nonsense.

A blood clot that he clearly recovered from does not make him an injury risk.

Give your head a shake.
Once you have a blood clot the likelyhood of having another increases by 11% the 1st year and higher each year after. After 10 years the likelyhood increases to 40%. Risky pick up 100%
Fyi blood clots have been linked to steroid use. Just saying

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Kreider is vastly superior to Miller unless you value players forcing stupid passes that end up in their own net. And that wasn't the trade at all.

Reactions: Rangers_23

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Rangers can't run a team full of kids out there. Kreider is still young enough. No need to move him unless it fills an absolute team need.
exactly this. The team needs leadership and grit, and is already incredible soft as is. Its not like Kreider is old or even expensive. No reason to get rid of him, in fact he should be our next Captain.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Now, at the other end of the deep end, is this insanity. Kreider is in no way shape or form worth two firsts and two of our top three prospects.
NYR way over value this player base on his size and speed . Even the argument that he has more potential . At what age is a player what he is ? He doesn't put up elite numbers . Good player but the value NYR demand is overkill . I guess he their property and the put any value on him if they don't really intent on moving him . Can you imagine if he was the Oiler property and we ask these ridiculous price for him ? WE would not here the end of it . It would be the punch line of every joke for years

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Coming from a person who's sister has had lifelong blood clot issues, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. DVT is a very specific bloot clot instance that is not at all what kreider had.

First off, blood clots happen for a myriad of reasons. DVT is not the blanket diagnosis for clots. DVT is primarily a LEG clot issues and kreider had a clot in his arm.

Second, other people have symptoms like pulmonary hypertension and APS which a actually DOES make them prone to blood clots for life. And these happen all over their body, legs, heart, lungs, and gravitate to their heart and arteries.

Pascal dupuis is actually an example of this as he was diagnosed with a lifelong condition forcing him to retire and his clots randomly starting forming in his lungs.

There is nothing to indicate so far kreider is at risk to throw another clot especially since he definitely doesn't have DVT as you just assumed is the blanket blood clot diagnosis

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
NYR way over value this player base on his size and speed . Even the argument that he has more potential . At what age is a player what he is ? He doesn't put up elite numbers . Good player but the value NYR demand is overkill . I guess he their property and the put any value on him if they don't really intent on moving him . Can you imagine if he was the Oiler property and we ask these ridiculous price for him ? WE would not here the end of it . It would be the punch line of every joke for years
Based. They're. They. Can. Aren't. Oiler's. A. Hear. Punchline.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Kreider is not over-valued. If you don't want to pay the price to get him then you don't get him. NYR gladly keeps him. He's not a 30 goal player and never will be; however he's a threat in every aspect of the game and a proven playoff performer and does damage when it matters. It's the intangibles, work ethic, and clutchness that make him invaluable to NYR. He's worth a first and a top notch prospect and nothing less.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, it all depends on what 1st, and what your definition of a top notch prospect is.

OTT ( now CO's) 1st and Makar? No chance.

WPG's 1st( likely late), and Samburg? Sure...mind you, I am high on Samburg...most don't know who he is. Niku(sic)? Don't know if the Jets would go for that...but it's in the ballpark.

If my team sent their first( probably high teens, low twenties) and Greenway then I'd be pissed, but that's partly because I don't think that Kreider is the difference between MN winning the Cup, or not. On a team like WPG, Kreider might be the difference.

Last edited:

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018

This might be the worst post of the year. For starters, you got ripped off in the McDonagh deal. You didn't even get the deal right. It wasn't one prospect. You gave up a tremendous defenseman prospect from all reports in Hajek. A center who at worst is projected to be a very good 3rd line center. A first rounder which was used to select a very talented right handed defenseman prospect. You won absolutely nothing which was the entire reason Yzerman made the deal. Also, Miller is garbage compared to Kreider. He's lazy. Awful defensively. Is a bad example to younger players. There is a reason they threw him in that deal. They didn't want him around a rebuilding effort. He's also a horrific playoff performer. Your GM signed him to a big contract which was a colossal mistake. Maybe one day Tampa fans will wake up and realize you got ripped off in that deal. You'll see that when you watch Hajek, Howden and Lundkvist in the NHL soon.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
This might be the worst post of the year. For starters, you got ripped off in the McDonagh deal. You didn't even get the deal right. It wasn't one prospect. You gave up a tremendous defenseman prospect from all reports in Hajek. A center who at worst is projected to be a very good 3rd line center. A first rounder which was used to select a very talented right handed defenseman prospect. You won absolutely nothing which was the entire reason Yzerman made the deal. Also, Miller is garbage compared to Kreider. He's lazy. Awful defensively. Is a bad example to younger players. There is a reason they threw him in that deal. They didn't want him around a rebuilding effort. He's also a horrific playoff performer. Your GM signed him to a big contract which was a colossal mistake. Maybe one day Tampa fans will wake up and realize you got ripped off in that deal. You'll see that when you watch Hajek, Howden and Lundkvist in the NHL soon.
Hajek is solid but he got jumped in our defensive pool by more talented prospects such such as Sergachev ,Foote, and Cerna . He would only be competing for third pair at best but not anytime soon. Howden has the talent to be a good 2nd/3rd line center and I agree with that. The problem is he has no where to play in our system. Stamkos, Point,Johnson, and the emergence of Anthony Cirelli made Howden expendable to upgrade our team. Miller really stepped his game up in the season and playoffs after being traded. He was throwing around his body and playing motivated. I think being stuck in a dumpster fire may have contributed to his lazy play. The trade was good for both teams, but the lightning did not give up any building blocks that will hurt them. It benefited both teams, but lets be real McD is a great 2/3 defense-man at this stage and Miller is a top 6 forward comparable to Kreider. Kreider is slightly better but comes with more risk. Miller is also younger. I think Kreider is solid, but he isn't worth as much as you think. Max Pacioretty would be the better player to acquire if you are giving a 1st plus a solid prospect.
Kreider stats
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Miller
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Max Pac
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad