Player Discussion Chris Kreider: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
CK has so much momentum and force from his size and speed. The hit last night happens fairly often in the NHL, but CK's arm being at the exact height to connect with the face, and the momentum are what set this apart from other hits like it. Penalty was warranted, I'm ok with the game misconduct too due to the head being the focal point of contact, and the fine without a suspension also seems appropriate because despite the injury and recklessness, it is a play that occurs frequently in the NHL without much consequence.

CK's really come a long way in understanding he has a different rule set to play by because of his size and speed. An innocent play he makes may result in a penalty because of the sheer intensity of it, and last night was just another example he'll have to learn from.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
In Kreider`s defense he is in his own league concerning physic in NHL. Kreider try to avoid him and I highly doubt his elbow was intentional - he don`t have that reputation in the league. I know he skated into Price, but it was not intentional at all and many years ago now in the playoffs.

And this is a none playoffs game that did not matter for any teams last morning concerning the playoffs race since both are out of it.

It was a reckless elbow and deserved a penalty, but if he was trying to hurt him, he probably would have done it directly when he approached him instead of the spin-around move.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It was a reckless elbow and deserved a penalty, but if he was trying to hurt him, he probably would have done it directly when he approached him instead of the spin-around move.
Yes I agree he deserved that 5k $ penalty and it was reckless - he was frustrated with something and he has been in a slump after the TDL.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Disagree. Outside of last night, I don't feel like this team has quit one bit.

Agreed. There's a big difference between quitting and just not being talented enough.

Anyway, are people really surprised that Kreider has pulled a disappearing act? That's been his MO from the moment he arrived.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
See folks, this man thought better of it already.
He did this because he knows Gudbranson is gone and he will likely get pummelled by him next time they play Pittsburg. Canucks will have an answer for him next time they play and he'll do his best Matheson impersonation, calling it now.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Matheson another big tough guy that doesn't answer the bell unless he outweighs them by 40 pounds.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
iu

All the hockey sense in the world couldn't foresee the 'people's elbow'

Reactions: GodlyRangers

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He did this because he knows Gudbranson is gone and he will likely get pummelled by him next time they play Pittsburg. Canucks will have an answer for him next time they play and he'll do his best Matheson impersonation, calling it now.
Gudbranson even being on the ice against Kreider sounds like must-see tv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Disagree. Outside of last night, I don't feel like this team has quit one bit.

The last two games, I felt they have been off. They looked good against the Devils which was expected for a division match up. But with the final 10 coming up, hoping to see guys put it all out there, especially the ones looking for a spot next season.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
You live by the sword , you die by the sword. You guys make it sound like that fools the toughest in the league, prove it. Show me some clips where he actually fought some one tough.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
In Kreider`s defense he is in his own league concerning physic in NHL. Kreider try to avoid him and I highly doubt his elbow was intentional - he don`t have that reputation in the league. I know he skated into Price, but it was not intentional at all and many years ago now in the playoffs.

And this is a none playoffs game that did not matter for any teams last morning concerning the playoffs race since both are out of it.

There are several other physical freaks in the NHL so I wouldn't say he's in his own league--examples--Zdeno Chara, Brent Burns, Dustin Byfuglien.

Reactions: Ori

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

First off--it's a real reach to say that Kreider did this deliberately but the part about Gudbranson is particularly silly. Anyone who pays attention to such things knows that Gudbranson is a tougher guy than Kreider (who when he does engage is more of a wrestler than anything else) but it's not like Gudbranson is near the top tier of real tough guys either and by the way players do sometimes get hurt in fights but it's not that often and thinking that Gudbranson would really hurt Kreider is another reach--Gudbranson would probably win but I think your letting your emotions get in the way of reasonable expectations. And if you think Gudbranson playing for Pittsburgh (with an h) now is going to be out looking for revenge on Kreider for a former teammate he played half a season with---well I think that is nuts.

To go just a little further---it looks like Elias is going to be okay and you won the game. You might want to calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad