Rumor: Chris Johnson & Elliott Friedman's "big name or big promise" mystery player

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Dubas likes to deal with GM's that he has dealt with before. If there is a trade in the works think its someone from LA, Calgary, Columbus.

LA
  • Dustin Brown ($5.875 mil/ salary retained?)
  • Trevor Lewis (RFA)
Calgary
  • Rumors Gaudreau, Monahan and Tkachuk either want to be moved (Tkachuk - $7 mil)/and or the team wants to move on from them (Gaudreau $6.75 mil/Monahan $6.35 mil).
  • Rumors the Flames are going to leave Gio ($6.75 mil) unprotected.
Columbus
  • Everyone is on the Jones ($5.4 mil) train

Dubas at the TDL was kicking the tires on Ricard Rakel, Mattias Ekholm, lesser players Dubas was previously kicking the tires on Trevor Lewis (RFA), Alec Martinez (UFA).

IMO who he brings in will be a name(s) we recognize but not a difference maker equal to or better than the big 4. Dubas and Shannys comments about not trading any of the big 4 + our cap limits us in what we can and can't do.

34 year old Lewis played for Winny last year and is a UFA. No interest is a another old vet.

Reactions: Bluelines

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
I wonder if it’s pavelski. He is character type of guy plus he strong playoff performer.

His 7 mill cap hit is hard to take but if Dallas retain some it, it could work.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Not everyone let’s their kids or wife run their life man lol.
:laugh:

get back to us when you have kids, my kids are 28 and 26, gone now but when young they played sports, they play music(still do), so they were busy and involved with friends, as a father you try to do what's best for them without compromising yourself too much

no one person runs anything, the family is a unit that is organic and has it's own rhythms it's up to everybody to make it run smoothly

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It is likely Jones .. Dubie had tons of discussions with CLB putting together Foligno trade .. who knows maybe it is Jones for Rielly straight up .. gives us a better defensive presence and a PP shot .. CAPs same .. gives CLB a more offensive guy to spark their offense .. mybe it works perfect for both teams

Reactions: ToneDog

jaybo21

Oct 4, 2011
London, Ontario
So I heard the rumors that St.Louis is wanting to move on from Tarasanko, so now I'm worried that this might be the player that Toronto is looking at. LW, 2 years left (9.5 million this year and 5.5 the next). Maybe Toronto will ask them to retrain the 4 million the coming season and take him for 2 years at 5.5 million cap hit. I hope that I'm just being paranoid but this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
So I heard the rumors that St.Louis is wanting to move on from Tarasanko, so now I'm worried that this might be the player that Toronto is looking at. LW, 2 years left (9.5 million this year and 5.5 the next). Maybe Toronto will ask them to retrain the 4 million the coming season and take him for 2 years at 5.5 million cap hit. I hope that I'm just being paranoid but this wouldn't surprise me at all.

St Louis made the play-offs last year. So if you are referring to the mystery player, he isn't it.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Read somewhere that Dubas inquired in Garland earlier.

Now that it's clear he is available, maybe we circle back for him?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
It is likely Jones .. Dubie had tons of discussions with CLB putting together Foligno trade .. who knows maybe it is Jones for Rielly straight up .. gives us a better defensive presence and a PP shot .. CAPs same .. gives CLB a more offensive guy to spark their offense .. mybe it works perfect for both teams
Jones has poor defensive skating ability. Maybe he has offensive upside but Rielly is actually better at defense....which is not saying too much.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Big Name: Babcock is asked to come back and work off his salary so they dont have to hire any assistant with keefe/malhotra taking assistant roles

MLSE says no more money left :laugh:

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The Leafs aren’t getting anyone of importance. It’s just a couple of hockey media type trying to stay relevant and throw the Leafs a bone by distracting everyone from the disastrous choke job

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Jones doesn't have multiple years left on his contract.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The Leafs aren’t getting anyone of importance. It’s just a couple of hockey media type trying to stay relevant and throw the Leafs a bone by distracting everyone from the disastrous choke job
The media would do that, but you are right no one in the media would actually know what will happen, and if there were a deal in place - just waiting for the Cup to be awarded, there would be some news. No one would be distracted from the loss

Reactions: Racer88

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
How could something have been worked out so quickly after the choke?

Reactions: Racer88

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I wonder if it’s pavelski. He is character type of guy plus he strong playoff performer.

His 7 mill cap hit is hard to take but if Dallas retain some it, it could work.

Sorry, but I don't want any more SJ players that couldn't win it all coming here. We now know why they didn't win a Cup after witnessing first hand how little they elevate their games in the playoffs.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Sorry, but I don't want any more SJ players that couldn't win it all coming here. We now know why they didn't win a Cup after witnessing first hand how little they elevate their games in the playoffs.
Look at Pavelskis post season stats, he has been a phenomenal post season player. He was given the captaincy after Thornton and Marleau were stripped and he kept it...for good reason. He also went to the finals in Dallas..He would be a great pickup IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad