Rumor: Chris Johnson & Elliott Friedman's "big name or big promise" mystery player

Status
Not open for further replies.

APV

Sep 28, 2009

I know this has been discussed at length in other threads on our board, but since this is a rumour about a potentially "big name or big promise player", and we all have no clue who that could be, I thought it could be fun to dedicate a thread to trying solve the "mystery player". Let's face it, we're all starved for some exciting news so it would be fun to speculate.

Guess away!

Mods, if you think this should be merged with the off-season thread, feel free.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Trade JT and Marner for JT and P Kane along with Seabrook(LTIR) plus picks.
If Leafs can’t win the next two seasons, JT and Kane won’t resign and trade AM and Willie and rebuild the whole team.
If they can win the Cup, who cares if JT and P Kane leave to sign sweetheart deals elsewhere and AM go home, bc Leafs won the Cup.

This is very similar to the Kawhi trade.
Nobody thought DD will be traded after his extension bc if Masai do that- he won’t be able to extend anyone……kind of like Leafs with JT.

Reactions: sbpointer

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Idk, I listened to the 31 thoughts podcast, Friedman said he doesnt know who it is. He knows Dubas wanted to do something at the deadline but couldnt make it work.

Friedman didnt even specify the position the player plays.

Reactions: mbz

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Leafs miss playoffs

dubas end of season press conference: “I thought the guys battled hard, we have made great progress in my tenure here and look forward to achieving individual goals”

shanahan: “you think we’re idiots, Kyle and the coaching staff are doing excellent. Well no team won the cup without a Swedish captain until it happened”

FML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad