Chris "Excellent powerplay killer" Higgins

Horrorshow

Jun 1, 2009
Do you honestly believe Chris Higgins is a fourth liner?

I think you might've taken a tumble down the rabbit hole with regards to this player, come back towards the light Jimson!

Even if he was a fourth liner, he still wouldn't be our most expensive one.

As a fan of Chris Higgins, I'm pretty stoked his contract is apparently "unmoveable."

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Even if he was a fourth liner, he still wouldn't be our most expensive one.

As a fan of Chris Higgins, I'm pretty stoked his contract is apparently "unmoveable."

The Chris Higgins rumor (i.e. Canucks trying to move him but his contract was "unmoveable") was false apparently.

My opinion on Higgins is similar to Bonino (i.e. decent cap hit, don't want this dude anywhere near my 2nd line, but am thrilled to have him on a 3rd line).

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
The Chris Higgins rumor (i.e. Canucks trying to move him but his contract was "unmoveable") was false apparently.

My opinion on Higgins is similar to Bonino (i.e. decent cap hit, don't want this dude anywhere near my 2nd line, but am thrilled to have him on a 3rd line).

It wasn't false. The only question is whether the Canucks tried to move him and it was unmoveable or whether they didn't try to move him because they already assume it's unmoveable. Not a huge distinction there.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley

I agree with this. I actually kinda like Bonino as a 2LW that can provide some depth at center… but both are good 'placeholders' in the meantime. Imagine for a second that Horvat and Baertschi could outplay those guys;

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Higgins-Bonino-Hansen

If they were better players… that's a pretty damn good looking top 9 imo. Horvat is a reasonable bet to be better than Bonino by the end of this year or next. Baertschi will be in tough to be a better possession player than Higgins but he could certainly settle in as a better point producer.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
It wasn't false. The only question is whether the Canucks tried to move him and it was unmoveable or whether they didn't try to move him because they already assume it's unmoveable. Not a huge distinction there.

There is a huge distinction there. You should've quit while you were ahead on this.

It was false. I will repeat and bold that for you.

It was false.

At least ther other poster had the civility and common sense to apologize, the fact that you're continuing this nonsense is among the more shameless and pathetic things I've seen on this site.

Here's another source for you - his ****ing brother.

Completely wrong about being shopped.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
There is a huge distinction there. You should've quit while you were ahead on this.

It was false.

At least ther other poster had the civility and common sense to apologize, the fact that you're continuing this nonsense is among the more shameless and pathetic things I've seen on this site.

I am not picking either side on this, and I really like Higgins bro, he has been great here when he posts, its also nice to get his insght.

Having said that, I hardly doubt he knows if the Canucks were or were not shopping Chris. Hell Garisson didn't know he was being shopped until the Canucks asked to waive for a trade they supposedly had already made.

Again not saying anything is true or not or taking sides, just simply this quote shouldn't be used to prove anything.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I am not picking either side on this, and I really like Higgins bro, he has been great here when he posts, its also nice to get his insght.

Having said that, I hardly doubt he knows if the Canucks were or were not shopping Chris. Hell Garisson didn't know he was being shopped until the Canucks asked to waive for a trade they supposedly had already made.

Again not saying anything is true or not or taking sides, just simply this quote shouldn't be used to prove anything.

Really? You don't think Higgins' brother would have insight into this situation? That seems rather odd, especially as they seem to be in close contact.

I know he's not as credible as Tanbir from Surrey, but still...

To say nothing of the fact that this 'rumour' was simply a figment of various posters' imaginations, after Y2K wrote a rather vauge and misleading transcript of the conversation.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

just like advanced stats... shouldn't be used to prove anything... just to support whats already out there..

And i would find it difficult to believe Higgins agent wouldn't know whats going on... agents always seem to know everything...

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Really? You don't think Higgins' brother would have insight into this situation? That seems rather odd, especially as they seem to be in close contact.

To say nothing of the fact that this 'rumour' was simply a figment of various posters' imaginations, after Y2K wrote a rather vauge and misleading transcript of the conversation.

Please go back and read my post. Then try responding with something that makes sense to what I wrote.

just like advanced stats... shouldn't be used to prove anything... just to support whats already out there..

And i would find it difficult to believe Higgins agent wouldn't know whats going on... agents always seem to know everything...

Not even going to get into Adv stats, it would even seem you don't understand the point of them from your statement. Maybe you do and you are just trying to misrepresent yourself, but not going to touch your statement.

Did Garrison's agent know? Didn't seem to know until it happened. Hell there is players saying they found out about trades from sportscenter.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Please go back and read my post. Then try responding with something that makes sense to what I wrote.

Huh? You stated we shouldn't take that as proof of anything and that you don't think he would know if he was being shopped. I countered with, and I quote,

"Really? You don't think Higgins' brother would have insight into this situation? That seems rather odd, especially as they seem to be in close contact."

Seems like a pretty straightforward, logical response to me.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

I think it isn't a far fetched thought to conclude they've probably shopped Higgins.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I think it isn't a far fetched thought to conclude they've probably shopped Higgins.

Well, his own brother has denied that. Both Linden and Benning, who multiple posters have stated are too honest for their own good, always reveal their full hand, build gazebos, blah blah blah, are now suddenly lying through their teeth regarding this one particular player? That seems rather...odd. It might not be "far fetched", but that doesn't mean that it has happened. All signs point to the opposite.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Well, his own brother has denied that. Both Linden and Benning, who multiple posters have stated are too honest for their own good, always reveal their full hand, build gazebos, blah blah blah, are now suddenly lying through their teeth regarding this one particular player? That seems rather...odd. It might not be "far fetched", but that doesn't mean that it has happened. All signs point to the opposite.

I'm not naive enough to think Linden and Benning never lie, that's just wrong and was proven with their multiple denials that they were even considering shopping Bieksa despite the fact that Juice was checking out properties in the Bay Area.

If they truly haven't looked or considered moving Higgins they aren't doing their due dillience and imo it's taking the team in the wrong direction keeping Higgins on this team

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I'm not naive enough to think Linden and Benning never lie, that's just wrong and was proven with their multiple denials that they were even considering shopping Bieksa despite the fact that Juice was checking out properties in the Bay Area.

If they truly haven't looked or considered moving Higgins they aren't doing their due dillience and imo it's taking the team in the wrong direction keeping Higgins on this team

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata
Prust-Horvat-Hansen
Kenins-Vey-Dorsett
Baertschi

There's room for one rookie on LW. To me, Prust looks like the much bigger problem. Even if Higgins keeps someone off the second line, at least he'll contribute to a line that eats up tough match-ups and provides the youth with better opportunities. Or, he moves down the lineup and helps some of the kids swim. Prust is likely to be dragging some young guy to the bottom of the ocean and/or keeping some youth out of it. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do the right thing and give the kids an opportunity to outplay him to get in the lineup.

And really, do we want to trust that LW spot to Baertschi, Kenins and Prust? Prust on the 2nd line? Yikes.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Huh? You stated we shouldn't take that as proof of anything and that you don't think he would know if he was being shopped. I countered with, and I quote,

"Really? You don't think Higgins' brother would have insight into this situation? That seems rather odd, especially as they seem to be in close contact."

Seems like a pretty straightforward, logical response to me.

My statement wasnt that it was or wasnt true.

My statement was that if a player can not know he is being traded, or shopped (like Garrisson) than it is easy to conclude family would not know either.

So from that statement, don't take Higgins brother on this one matter, as fact.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
My statement wasnt that it was or wasnt true.

My statement was that if a player can not know he is being traded, or shopped (like Garrisson) than it is easy to conclude family would not know either.

So from that statement, don't take Higgins brother on this one matter, as fact.

Difference is the rumour states Higgins was 'shopped for months', the Garrison trade went down extremely quickly (as in days). Also, Higgins has a different type of NTC.

So I don't think that's a great parallel. Higgins brother is a far more credible source than anyone here. He's made a definitive, conclusive statement on the matter.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata
Prust-Horvat-Hansen
Kenins-Vey-Dorsett
Baertschi

There's room for one rookie on LW. To me, Prust looks like the much bigger problem. Even if Higgins keeps someone off the second line, at least he'll contribute to a line that eats up tough match-ups and provides the youth with better opportunities. Or, he moves down the lineup and helps some of the kids swim. Prust is likely to be dragging some young guy to the bottom of the ocean and/or keeping some youth out of it. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do the right thing and give the kids an opportunity to outplay him to get in the lineup.

And really, do we want to trust that LW spot to Baertschi, Kenins and Prust? Prust on the 2nd line? Yikes.

Just going by that lineup, I put Baertschi in Higgins' spot who then takes Kenins. I think the addition of Baertschi to the 2nd powerplay unit outweighs the benefits that Kenins brings and I've been a fanboy of his since the Olympics. Higgins would provide much needed possession game to the Vey line. I do like Kenins and Prust splitting a spot if it were needing an additional centre on the roster.

I do like the Higgins safety net. I'd keep him until the deadline of the final year of his contract unless somebody steps to fully takes his spot.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010

It was false.

Someone is a little upset that his hero Linden is taking some shots for being duplicitous :laugh:

Okay, I'll amend my statement. Linden may not have told fans that Higgins was being shopped and nobody wants him. Instead, he said that nobody would want him so there was no point in trying to trade him.

That's waaaaay better ;)

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Difference is the rumour states Higgins was 'shopped for months', the Garrison trade went down extremely quickly (as in days). Also, Higgins has a different type of NTC.

So I don't think that's a great parallel. Higgins brother is a far more credible source than anyone here. He's made a definitive, conclusive statement on the matter.

I never said anything about him being shopped for months, either. I said Linden reportedly told two people nobody wanted Higgins, which seemed to indicate they'd asked. Frankly, if they just assumed nobody would want him and didn't even both exploring the option, it might be an even dumber move by management.

Maybe they could have kept their starting goalie and gotten a 3rd round pick some other way.

Then again, Linden did go on the radio and say they might have had better offers for Lack than the one they took, but Benning said that's not true. Hmmmm...

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
If they said no one would want Higgins and didn't shop him hecause they believed that I shake my head at Benning :facepalm:

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Just going by that lineup, I put Baertschi in Higgins' spot who then takes Kenins. I think the addition of Baertschi to the 2nd powerplay unit outweighs the benefits that Kenins brings and I've been a fanboy of his since the Olympics. Higgins would provide much needed possession game to the Vey line. I do like Kenins and Prust splitting a spot if it were needing an additional centre on the roster.

I do like the Higgins safety net. I'd keep him until the deadline of the final year of his contract unless somebody steps to fully takes his spot.

I'd like to see Baertschi get a shot there too. My point was around Higgins 'blocking' a young guy and how that doesn't necessarily hurt their development.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

Seriously read what I said cause again this has nothing to do with what I said.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If you find someone's perspective disagreeable, either find a way to express yourself in a civil manner or ignore it. Please do not allow tempers to get the best of you.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I never said anything about him being shopped for months, either. I said Linden reportedly told two people nobody wanted Higgins, which seemed to indicate they'd asked. Frankly, if they just assumed nobody would want him and didn't even both exploring the option, it might be an even dumber move by management.

Maybe they could have kept their starting goalie and gotten a 3rd round pick some other way.

Then again, Linden did go on the radio and say they might have had better offers for Lack than the one they took, but Benning said that's not true. Hmmmm...

There's 2 different guys that have said Linden told them the same thing.

I'd say Linden was telling the truth to the 2 people and didn't realize they'd turn and blab to everyone.

Even if that guy is "Higgins' Bro" , him stating that he isn't being shopped is irrelevant considering teams tend to not involve players until a trade agreement has been reached and they need to approve him waiving his NTC.

So I personally wouldn't consider him a reliable source

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad