Sportsnet: Chris Cuthbert joins Sportsnet

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This is tremendous. One of the best in the business. Can we please have him for Leads games instead of Hughson?

I would be into that idea.

This still has me thinking about how awful the CBC/sportsnet product is right now. Hughson, Amber, Ron Maclean (by himself), Johnston, Friedman, Merek, etc. I can't watch them. Cuthbert is a step...

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I would be into that idea.

This still has me thinking about how awful the CBC/sportsnet product is right now. Hughson, Amber, Ron Maclean (by himself), Johnston, Friedman, Merek, etc. I can't watch them. Cuthbert is a step...

I love MacLean, Amber I can tolerate, and I don't dislike Hughson like many others do. Have really grown to dislike the others though (Johnston is the worst and Friedman has become a corporate lackey). Cuthbert is a huge addition. Well done Sportsnet.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I've never really had a problem with Hughson tbh

Nah, I mean he's very good as well, but people do quick google search and see where he's from and then it becomes a thing that he's a Canucks homer when the Leafs play them.

With Cuthbert though, that's a hit for TSN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buds17

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
TSN coverage instantly becomes unbearable.

Gord “I spoke to a gm/player/equipment manager” miller is their A talent now?

May god have mercy on us all. Miller is worse than the guy I can’t remember his name that called Babcock bobcat.

What the hell was his name?

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
BEST NEWS IN 2020

we were calling for this years ago. what took them so long.

Push Hughson aside and Put Cuthbert in as #1 guy for Leaf games and let Rogers watch their ratings return to normal.

CUTHBERT #ONE PLAY-BY-PLAY MAN

its about time, welcome home Chris, can't wait to see you doing the Leaf games again

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
We’ll probably still have Bartlett for our Sportsnet regional games, but I pray that Cuthbert takes over as Sportsnet’s main play-by-play guy and does our Nationally Televised games. Will be so nice to have a HNIC Broadcast that isn’t called by someone who obviously dislikes our team.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Is there any reason to watch TSN anymore?

I consider Ferraro to be the best Colour Commentator in the business right now, so point to TSN. I’m surprised at all the Gord Miller hate here. I’m not a huge fan but he got the job done. Not incompetent like Romanuk and his voice isn’t dripping in vitriol for the Leafs like Hughson’s does. TSN games will still be fine imo.

Last edited:

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I consider Ferraro to be the best Colour Commentator in the business right now, so point to TSN. I’m surprised at all the Gord Miller hate here. I’m not a huge fan but he got the job done. Not incompetent like Romanuk and his voice isn’t drilling in vitriol for the Leafs like Hughson’s does. TSN games will still be fine imo.
I love Ferraro. You're right. I think the Gord hate stems from his cameos on Leafs Lunch. I had to change the channel. The arrogance, the absolutes. Apparently "Leaf fans, let me just say, John Tavares will not be a Leaf."

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I consider Ferraro to be the best Colour Commentator in the business right now, so point to TSN. I’m surprised at all the Gord Miller hate here. I’m not a huge fan but he got the job done. Not incompetent like Romanuk and his voice isn’t drilling in vitriol for the Leafs like Hughson’s does. TSN games will still be fine imo.

I like Miller quite a bit, but I would say he does tend to veer off into stories or tries to turn it into trivia night. Which I think is fine in moderation, but I have noticed he can be prone to some of that. But he does call a lot of games, and there are stretches (particularly in bad games) where it allows for it or even he feels he needs to add that to the broadcast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad