Sportsnet: Chris Cuthbert joins Sportsnet

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Thats a shame Cuthbert/Ferraro were my favs on TSN. But Sportsnet seriously needed and upgrade in PBP if he's going to be their main man I got 0 complaints

Reactions: Guy Boucher

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Which do you prefer?

Vanilla?
Vanilla with chunks of chocolate and glass?
Vanilla with streaks of cod liver oil?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I dislike Simpson more than Hughson. I find Simpson gets Hughson off track. Hughson does have a voice for commentary.

Cuthbsrt is easily the best in the game right now.

Hopefully Simpson stays out west, and we get a new colour guy for our national games too. Hopefully Millen isn’t gonna work both national and regional games

Reactions: OddyOh

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I'm not saying that every play by play person has to be as loyal to TOR as Bowen, but then you have Hughson. He is elated every time TOR loses. If VAN beats them it's even better. I cannot believe this fan base put up with that over the years.

I suppose I'd take a Bowen type over Hughson.

Hughson can go eat a bag of *****.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Thats a shame Cuthbert/Ferraro were my favs on TSN. But Sportsnet seriously needed and upgrade in PBP if he's going to be their main man I got 0 complaints

I really liked the Cuthbert/Ferraro combo when calling games and providing colour commentary.

I've never been a big Sportsnet fan personally and use TSN 75% of the time for my hockey coverage.

Sportsnet could use an upgrade in calling the games and Cuthbert is certainly that.

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
I dislike Simpson more than Hughson. I find Simpson gets Hughson off track.

Agreed. All Simpson does is talk about “confidence” every time he opens his mouth, it’s grating. Like, say something else for once!

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Nah, I mean he's very good as well, but people do quick google search and see where he's from and then it becomes a thing that he's a Canucks homer when the Leafs play them.

With Cuthbert though, that's a hit for TSN.
Hughson has shown to be completely unprofessional when it comes to the Leafs. Do some not remember how he was during those really bad years not too long ago? It was listening to an HF troll call our games.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Cuthbert didn't leave TSN just so he could do weeknight regional games on Sportsnet

And he didn't leave just to call the late game 2 on Saturday nights

He left because he's going to do Saturday night game 1.... THE pinnacle in hockey broadcasting.. it was the only way to lure him over to Sportsnet

Hughson will be re-assigned.

What did he expect when he takes pot shots at the Leafs all those years.. bashing his very own employer?

Reactions: supermann_98

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Nah, I mean he's very good as well, but people do quick google search and see where he's from and then it becomes a thing that he's a Canucks homer when the Leafs play them.

With Cuthbert though, that's a hit for TSN.

he’s a Canucks homer through and through. It’s not just because of a quick google search. Listen to any game that he calls, not just against the Leafs.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Hughson has shown to be completely unprofessional when it comes to the Leafs. Do some not remember how he was during those really bad years not too long ago? It was listening to an HF troll call our games.

Nah. It sounded like that because the Leafs were being beat. Then you factor in where he's from and all that, then it sounds like the salt being put into the wound.

But he's not unprossfional.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Cuthbert didn't leave TSN just so he could do weeknight regional games on Sportsnet

And he didn't leave just to call the late game 2 on Saturday nights

He left because he's going to do Saturday night game 1.... THE pinnacle in hockey broadcasting.. it was the only way to lure him over to Sportsnet

Hughson will be re-assigned.

What did he expect when he takes pot shots at the Leafs all those years.. bashing his very own employer?
I hope you’re right brother

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
CC said on Tim and Sid hardest part was giving up the CFL gig as that was his favourite, having done it for 25-30 years

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I hope you’re right brother

Hughson is still a great play by play man, never had anything against his style really

He's better suited for western games though, it seems that's where his heart is, and can you blame him. everyone who likes a sport roots for their team.

I dont even know which team Cuthbert might root for but one thing is for sure and it's that he's pretty good at calling it down the middle

Reactions: zeke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad