Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
Holy shit, Boqvist just had an absolute beast of a shift. Turning the whole opposition outside in, finishing it off with a fake shot, freezing the goalie, and pass it back door to an open net for his team mate.
Pretty funny, commentator said: "New jersey devils must be licking their chops right now knowing that they have the rights to this kid. He is a very special player."
16 points in his last 18 games and 1 period.
Sorry if I spam about him, haha, but I'm just so excited for this kid. Hope you don't mind.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Holy ****, Boqvist just had an absolute beast of a shift. Turning the whole opposition outside in, finishing it off with a fake shot, freezing the goalie, and pass it back door to an open net for his team mate.
Pretty funny, commentator said: "New jersey devils must be licking their chops right now knowing that they have the rights to this kid. He is a very special player."
16 points in his last 18 games and 1 period.
Sorry if I spam about him, haha, but I'm just so excited for this kid. Hope you don't mind.

Please keep posting about him. Smith and Boqvist are the best parts about this season.

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
I'm watching the game and Boqvist looks elite offensively. The amount of time the puck is on his stick this game has to double the next best player on Brynas. Everything funnels back to him in the offensive zone. I believe his play has NJ salivating and seriously considering trading MOJO knowing he can fill in next year.

Agreed. Seem nhl ready to me. Now we just need a center named Jesper and we can have a Jesper line! Maybe Zacha could change his name and get some of that Jesper magic :naughty:

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Agreed. Seem nhl ready to me. Now we just need a center named Jesper and we can have a Jesper line! Maybe Zacha could change his name and get some of that Jesper magic :naughty:

I don't think JB is NHL ready physically

PZ is not NHL ready mentally for sure.

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
I don't think JB is NHL ready physically

PZ is not NHL ready mentally for sure.

He's listed at 6'0" 182lbs, I would'nt say that's a concern. He will put on some muscle in the off season too. Looks strong enough playing against men right now.
Adjusting to north american rink size is something real though and could take some time.

Reactions: devilsblood

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
That has always been the biggest concern with Boqvist. He could be pushed around a lot easy and he can be a perimeter player at times which would cause issues at the smaller rinks and with bigger players

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Longer clip...

That was basically like watching Bratt. Especially at 0:32 when he opens up his feet quickly to back off the defender a bit but keeps going full speed. So slick.

And yeah, I'm not worried at all about his size or perceived perimeter play. When you have the skill and IQ he does he'll find a way to make it work in the NHL, that I'm confident in.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
That was basically like watching Bratt. Especially at 0:32 when he opens up his feet quickly to back off the defender a bit but keeps going full speed. So slick.

And yeah, I'm not worried at all about his size or perceived perimeter play. When you have the skill and IQ he does he'll find a way to make it work in the NHL, that I'm confident in.

Isn’t Elias Petersson skinny as a rail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad