Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Size means very little as long as you are quick to the right areas and create your own space with speed.

I’m not an advocate for rushing players but I also wouldn’t want him held back unnecessarily. If he’s ready, he’s ready.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Boqvist is a perimeter player, no sense in beating around the bush there. However, the dude is electric and having an unbelievable season. I’m so excited to have him in North America.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
People are questioning the size of Boqvist? I've taken bigger dumps than Seney and he's fine. I wouldn't worry about Boqvists size.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
People are questioning the size of Boqvist? I've taken bigger dumps than Seney and he's fine. I wouldn't worry about Boqvists size.

Every European player is small to certain people unless they are at least 6'3".

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Smith looked solid today. Made a great defensive play at the very end that caused Canada to get an empty net goal, think he got an assist on it.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Boqvist is a perimeter player, no sense in beating around the bush there. However, the dude is electric and having an unbelievable season. I’m so excited to have him in North America.

He looked like Johansson 2.0 on that goal, that's for sure. Brilliant goal nevertheless.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He's listed at 6'0" 182lbs, I would'nt say that's a concern. He will put on some muscle in the off season too. Looks strong enough playing against men right now.
Adjusting to north american rink size is something real though and could take some time.

For sure, and reason to bring him over next year, even if it is to play in Bing for a bit. Need to get acclimated to the rinks.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
"Perimeter player" is such a buzz word for skilled wingers. His latest goal he toe dragged into the slot and ripped one near post across the grain.
The assist was in the slot as well.

It may be overused, but there is something to the concern that a certain player is unwilling to go to the dirty areas. A finesse euro playing in the bigger rinks will need to prove he can play in the smaller rinks here.

Now every player has to prove they can hack it when they make a jump from a lesser league to the NHL, and Boqvist will have to do the same, for him the physical parts of the game will be at question, but I think we can be pretty confident that speed and skill wise he is in good shape.

Reactions: HenriquesJawLine

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Do i really have to dig up the scouting reports on Jesper Bratt? Same things were said about him, soft, easily pushed off the puck, stays to the outside. If Boqvist comes over I expect him to be a favorite to take a top 9 role on the Devils without touching the AHL.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Do i really have to dig up the scouting reports on Jesper Bratt? Same things were said about him, soft, easily pushed off the puck, stays to the outside. If Boqvist comes over I expect him to be a favorite to take a top 9 role on the Devils without touching the AHL.

He will be the Johansson replacement.

Now the Devils next goal should be to find the utility top nine guy (like Zubrus) to fill out the forward group and ideally a legitimate 2C if Zacha can't develop into one. Anderson might be a candidate to develop into the utility guy.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

Now the Devils next goal should be to find the utility top nine guy (like Zubrus) to fill out the forward group and ideally a legitimate 2C if Zacha can't develop into one. Anderson might be a candidate to develop into the utility guy.
I have Anderson locked in as 3rd line RW

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space

Zacha is well on his way to a zubrus style career

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Stop doubting Boqvist's chances of excelling on North American ice because he is a "permieter guy" or because he is on the leaner side. Look at Petersson in Vancouver for example hes like 6 foot 170ish lbs and is taking the league by storm. Size for Boqvist doesn't bother me , if he wants to succeed he will adapt his game torwards going to the dirty areas.

Reactions: NorwegianDevil

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
The assist was in the slot as well.

It may be overused, but there is something to the concern that a certain player is unwilling to go to the dirty areas. A finesse euro playing in the bigger rinks will need to prove he can play in the smaller rinks here.

Now every player has to prove they can hack it when they make a jump from a lesser league to the NHL, and Boqvist will have to do the same, for him the physical parts of the game will be at question, but I think we can be pretty confident that speed and skill wise he is in good shape.

I´ve been watching Jesper Boqvist since he arrived in Brynas some years ago. He has always been a very nice player to watch and he actually was on pair with Elias Pettersson as a junior for a long time. They have a lot of similarities and I think the biggest difference is Elias magnificent shot. The good news is that Jesper has improved his strength a lot compared to last season and he actually wins quite a lot of board battles. He has also shown that he can play physical and use his body for good hits this year. Should be good news for Devils fans.

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
I´ve been watching Jesper Boqvist since he arrived in Brynas some years ago. He has always been a very nice player to watch and he actually was on pair with Elias Pettersson as a junior for a long time. They have a lot of similarities and I think the biggest difference is Elias magnificent shot. The good news is that Jesper has improved his strength a lot compared to last season and he actually wins quite a lot of board battles. He has also shown that he can play physical and use his body for good hits this year. Should be good news for Devils fans.
This is very good news. But even if he "just" a Johanson type player, that is still pretty damn good and teams need those kinds of players, provided there are also players who can do the dirty work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad