Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
PSU destroys ND 9-1. ND was ranked #5 in the country coming into the weekend set.

Talvitie with a goal in game 1 and brings home an apple in game 2. 5-11-16 in 17 gp on the season.

Hellickson held off the score card in game 2.

Reactions: My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
aren't the 67's a powerhouse now? i think they made a huge trade recently

They got DiPietro from the Spitfires the other day, I think last night was his debut and first win with them. They were already the best team in the OHL and they added one of the best goalies in the league too, so yeah. They're strong.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’m excited to see what Ty, Zetterlund and Talvitie do in the international stage. Sounds especially like Ty and Talvitie will have significant roles on their squads.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
New Jersey Devils Prospect Update: 12/11/18

Latest prospect update.

Edit: A couple notables.

Schmid is at the pre WJC camp for the Swiss. After getting the boot from the WHL, and then settling in with a lousy USHL team, would be nice to see him play at a higher level, hopefully with a more competitive squad.

Also chk out the save by Senn, a beauty. Hadn't played a game in awhile for Davos, but played in a couple over the weekend, had a very nice game in his first game saving 37 of 38, and had decent #'s in his second game.

As per our Russian prospects. Meh at best. Was hoping for more from Maltsev. Pop's is an enigma, and maybe a lost cause the moment he left his chl team, but I still hoped he would go back and do a little something back home.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I’m excited to see what Ty, Zetterlund and Talvitie do in the international stage. Sounds especially like Ty and Talvitie will have significant roles on their squads.
Ya all 3 are interesting for different reasons.

Zetterlund was a beast in the summer showcase, but as a 19 year old in a mens league his production in the SHL is not notable.

Talvitie was also good in the summer showcase and has been good in a secondary role on a stacked PSU team.

Smith has been an offensive dynamo in juniors this year, but last year at the U-18's I thought he played a very conservative game(which is not a bad thing as it shows versatility). What does he bring to the table this year? Do consider that he will be a year younger then most.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Zetterlund also got hurt and was out for a while too
Prospect link above talks about how he worked to get back in time for the WJC and wanted to play even earlier but coaches had to keep him in check.

Called him a bear too, which looks about right.

Reactions: Darkauron

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
Boqvist made the national team for the Channel One Cup this week, so he'll have a little tournament too. No one really cares about these tournaments but still cool to see him make the senior national team for the first time. Will be interesting to see how he fares against the best players in europe.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Boqvist and Zetterlund seem to be on a great track. While Boqvist has a much higher hockey IQ, Zetterlund is built like a tank and his so hard to knock off the puck, is an amazing hard worker, and is still super young. I am excited to see how Zetterlund has improved for this year as he looked pretty good at last years world juniors

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
3 assists in 3 games for Boqvist in channel one cup. I only watched 2 periods but he looked great, his speed with the puck on his stick is elite. Was awarded with a lot of ice time.
Coach Grönborg was interviewed after the game and was asked which players he think stood out in the tournament. He named two players, Boqvist was one of them. So I guess world cup is a possibility? Depending on how many nhl players will come over.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
3 assists in 3 games for Boqvist in channel one cup. I only watched 2 periods but he looked great, his speed with the puck on his stick is elite. Was awarded with a lot of ice time.
Coach Grönborg was interviewed after the game and was asked which players he think stood out in the tournament. He named two players, Boqvist was one of them. So I guess world cup is a possibility? Depending on how many nhl players will come over.
The question is if he looked like mainly a perimeter player, or did he get in low. I think that's going to determine how well he does at the NHL level. Players can be small and still get inside if they have the ability to stick handle in tight spaces (like Bratt). I'm hoping Boqvist can do the same.

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
My one knock on him from the games I've watched is that he shies away from physical play. Doesnt really go to the dirty areas and grind out the puck. Something he needs to work on for sure if he wants to succeed on North american ice. But I would say he is great in tight spaces and when under pressure when the puck is on his stick. Draws players to him and find teammates. NHL is a different beast for sure, but the way he is dominating in SHL as a 20 year old I just can't see him not turning into at least a 3rd line skill guy.

And it's not just my homer eyes wanting it either, every game the commentators are raving about how fast and skilled he is and what big strides he has taken this season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm surprised Smith is on the third pairing. Of course these are just practise pairings but still...

Do these pairing reflect minutes though, or just an arbitrary listing by Masters? Tough to tell until games are played.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm surprised Smith is on the third pairing. Of course these are just practise pairings but still...

Bouchard and Dobson were both drafted before Smith. Brook is a bit older so that plays into it as well.

Not sure who Phillips is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->