Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
This is going to be the Ty Smith thread next season.

cut.jpg

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
did you cry when he was talking about macdonald :P

Fitz dropped the ball with JMac.
He's going to make Fitz look bad when he becomes a NHL regular with FLA.

Bingo will be young again
Bingo fans should brace themselves for more losses but possibly a quicker and more skilled team than last season

Last edited:
Reactions: OmNomNom

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I can’t be too upset about JMac. It will suck if he becomes a good NHLer, but It was obvious that the Devils tried to sign him. Maybe his desire to be here was misjudged. You can see the contract numbers and wonder why the Devils didn’t matched, but we will never know the intimate details.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Hey guys, any idea if Yegor Zaitsev will come over to the AHL this season? Already 20 years old and has a full year of experience in a better league (KHL).

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hey guys, any idea if Yegor Zaitsev will come over to the AHL this season? Already 20 years old and has a full year of experience in a better league (KHL).

I think his KHL contract has at least another year on it, so I doubt it

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Couple points.

Maybe I'm making too much of this one, but when mentioning the young d-men already in the organization(in comparison to those just drafted), Chainey was the first guy mentioned. Granted the new regime has not been here long and has not invested many early picks on d-men, but the fact that Chainey was the first name out of his mouth, I take that as something.

Ftiz says they will be using the ECHL more as a development tool. Saw it last year with White, and mentioned Sissons and Gignac as guys who could see time there next year. Though I'm sure there are others who could see time there as well, especially with how many draftee's will be coming into the pro ranks in upcoming seasons.

These guys were saying Sharangovich will be able to play in the US this year. I know that's disputed a little, but they were saying yes.

Lots of praise for Schmelzer.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Incredible article on some of your prospects
Devils rich in NCAA prospect pool

Standout for me

Matt Hellickson - Notre Dame - 20 - Defense:
"He was the biggest surprise for me because I never saw any video of him. He was drafted in a late round in his second time through the draft. One of our scouts, Jim Mill, told me a lot about him and he was really excited. Then, when I saw him play, I was really impressed. He has a pretty complete game right now and he's on one of the top teams in college hockey and he contributes every night, plays a lot of minutes and is really reliable. So every time I see him I'm looking for flaws in his game and there really aren't many. He's a strong skater, pivots well, keeps it simple and his coaches really speak highly of him. He's got a great work ethic. So I think he might be one of the steals in the draft for us and I think a lot of other people are starting to see that too.

His first pass might be his biggest strength and out of all our guys he might be the best one at it and, playing in the NHL, making a good first pass is half the battle. Then he has the ability to cover a lot of ground and keeps pucks alive and gets to loose pucks quick. I just really like the way he plays and I've told a lot of our scouts that this kid might be our best prospect at this point out of all the college guys.

I met with him this summer while he's training at school and their facilities at Notre Dame are phenomenal. So the longer he stays there, the better because he's going to get great training and play for some good coaches and in some pretty big games." - Weinrich

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Incredible article on some of your prospects
Devils rich in NCAA prospect pool

Standout for me

Matt Hellickson - Notre Dame - 20 - Defense:
"He was the biggest surprise for me because I never saw any video of him. He was drafted in a late round in his second time through the draft. One of our scouts, Jim Mill, told me a lot about him and he was really excited. Then, when I saw him play, I was really impressed. He has a pretty complete game right now and he's on one of the top teams in college hockey and he contributes every night, plays a lot of minutes and is really reliable. So every time I see him I'm looking for flaws in his game and there really aren't many. He's a strong skater, pivots well, keeps it simple and his coaches really speak highly of him. He's got a great work ethic. So I think he might be one of the steals in the draft for us and I think a lot of other people are starting to see that too.

His first pass might be his biggest strength and out of all our guys he might be the best one at it and, playing in the NHL, making a good first pass is half the battle. Then he has the ability to cover a lot of ground and keeps pucks alive and gets to loose pucks quick. I just really like the way he plays and I've told a lot of our scouts that this kid might be our best prospect at this point out of all the college guys.

I met with him this summer while he's training at school and their facilities at Notre Dame are phenomenal. So the longer he stays there, the better because he's going to get great training and play for some good coaches and in some pretty big games." - Weinrich
We best be whispering in his ear. I dont wanna see him go free agent route

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Eetu Pakkila apparently wants to play college hockey 19-20. This is the best case scenerio for the 18 year old. 4 extra years development to see what you got.

Is he eligible to do so? His eliteprospects says he played one game in the SM-liiga. I guess I don't know how it works - maybe you can play one game there without signing any sort of professional contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad