Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Been saying this since camp, kid is made for the current NHL. He'll have a ton of offers though. Hopefully he doesn't go to Fla or Rawly.

If he’s looking for a clear path to the NHL as a second line offensive center look no further than NJ. He can play as early as the end of this season.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

It's been cool to see a non-traditional school like ASU build up its hockey program over the last few years. They're currently ranked 17th in the country and are starting to get better recruits. I know ASU was hoping that a few more Pac-12 schools would go D1.

Mario Lemieux's son Austin is currently on ASU if I recall correctly.

Reactions: My3Sons

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Get him over here as soon as possible. So excited about this kid. Stuff like this gives me hope

I know Hall loves playing with Nico, but I’m excited at the idea of Boqvist and Hischier playing together while Hall drives the other line. Might not happen, I just have a feeling they’d be great together, Hall will be fine no matter where he plays, and the D vile will eventually need to spread the wealth.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i think it's so fascinating how athlete's kids do so well in sports. not saying all of them do, but it seems like there's a good chunk of high-level offspring
I think the athletic gene definitely carries over.

But in hockey, I think skills play a bigger role then talent, certainly compared to the other sports, thus a son of a former player, who can afford all the ice time a kid needs and have a live in coach it does make sense that you see a high percentage of father sons.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I know Hall loves playing with Nico, but I’m excited at the idea of Boqvist and Hischier playing together while Hall drives the other line. Might not happen, I just have a feeling they’d be great together, Hall will be fine no matter where he plays, and the D vile will eventually need to spread the wealth.

won't happen until we get another offensive center.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
i think it's so fascinating how athlete's kids do so well in sports. not saying all of them do, but it seems like there's a good chunk of high-level offspring

I think the athletic gene definitely carries over.

But in hockey, I think skills play a bigger role then talent, certainly compared to the other sports, thus a son of a former player, who can afford all the ice time a kid needs and have a live in coach it does make sense that you see a high percentage of father sons.

Definitely think it’s a combo of genes/ having the financial resources/ parents that are supportive of the lifestyle.

Reactions: MichaelJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad