Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2018-19 Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Got around to watching the Northeastern game from the 19th. Davies looked like a stud. Solid in both ends, and has some really good speed and hands. They better sign him this off season.

Reactions: NJDevils17

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Imagine being a director of scouting and continually making fantastic late round picks.

5th or later:

Studenic
Talvitie
Hellickson
Rykov(rip)
Bratt
Davies

That’s a tremendous haul, even if one or two hit, and Bratt already has.

Reactions: My3Sons

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Imagine being a director of scouting and continually making fantastic late round picks.

5th or later:

Studenic
Talvitie
Hellickson
Rykov(rip)
Bratt
Davies

That’s a tremendous haul, even if one or two hit, and Bratt already has.

And from what I've seen I think it's safe to say Talvitie will be in the NHL too, how much of an impact he makes remains to be seen though. I'm also super excited about Davies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
The NESN guys talked about just how dominant Davies was in the UMass game. Also how it was probably his best game all season. That says a lot given the numbers he has put up this year, and how the game was on the tail end of a back to back when they got beaten pretty badly in the first Umass game the night before.

He was, IMO, the most noticable player on the ice for either team, and that includes Makar who is having a great year for Umass and had some good shifts in that game.

He was pretty much was poking every puck off sticks near him. Made some really quick outlet passes, or made quick clears that could've been considered passes if people picked them up.

He had 3 shots on net in the first period the second game alone. He was entering the offensive zone really well too.

Something I noticed is that while he jumps up into the play a lot, especially by Devils defenseman standards, and has no issue going below the goal line, he is really fast to get back when he doesn't get the puck, loses it, passes it off to some one else, or goes for a scoring chance.

If we sign him, he would easily be the best skater on the back end from a skating stand point. And that includes Smith who is an extremely smooth skater.

I really want him to sign with us this off season. I think he can be as impactful as Gostisbehere has been for the Flyers, but with a better defensive game.

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
If we sign him, he would easily be the best skater on the back end from a skating stand point. And that includes Smith who is an extremely smooth skater.

I really want him to sign with us this off season. I think he can be as impactful as Gostisbehere has been for the Flyers, but with a better defensive game.
With Lovejoy gone after this season at the latest, Greene looking very long in the tooth, the short leashes the staff have on Mueller and Santini, and no real standouts in Bing, there certainly seems to be a good path to the NHL here for him.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad