GDT: Chicago @ Detroit, 2019 pre-season Game 1, 7:30 ET

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Svech would probably benefit a lot from a really physical game played against him. I like seeing him getting knocked around a little bit. He just needs a trial by fire to realize that he can do the things he may think he can’t.

So far he looks good. Also, I’m sure Naurato has something to do with this considering he’s tracking how goals are scored in the NHL, but the powerplay has been noticeably different this preseason. From prospects camp, to the prospects tourney, to the earlier looks in this game, the Wings seem committed to using that stretch cross-slot “rainbow road” pass to really pull the defense/goalie out of position and open up lanes. Significantly better looks than we’ve seen in recent years.

Was also something Tampa has implemented albeit with spectacular personnel. With Yzerman and plus Blash generally having a trip with Lalonde and Cooper in the off-seasons I wonder if that is a big part of it as well.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
From my understanding the gas used for the horn is some flammable component that isn't accepted in modern building design (which I have literally never seen in any building code I have ever read but whatever). I would guess there could have been a way to implement it but the costs to make it happen would have been too high to be worth it.

But I have no idea.

Well they are wrong there, the costs would have been worth it. We are paying Abdelkader how much...:laugh:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
i want a young team with good size , besides hickets :D , and ruggedness . no more pushed around red wings team . i want to come out charging with a roster that cant be physically dominated . yesmaybe we'll lose alot but that dont matter this season , more important to keep team spirits up by being able to not get pushed around while young guys are developing . maybe roster style changes when were ready to challenge , but for now i want a rugged team

Bertuzzi, Svechnikov, Givani Smith, Albin Grewe, Moritz Seider, Patrik Nemeth... we have those guys in the mix.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Remember hearing that they couldn't bring it because of actual building code or something at some point. Like the horn itself from the JLA actually wasn't legit and grandfathered. But maybe I could be wrong, think I heard that story from someone around the team though and not sure they talked about it a lot. But if I remember that right they cannot use the same foghorn for some reason and the recording doesn't really work the same way with the new arena. Time to come up with something new, I loved the JLA goal horn though, it makes me sad.
I think the horn was powered/pressured with hot propane. With all the engineers in this town, you'd think they could have a re-design that used still the horn

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Well they are wrong there, the costs would have been worth it. We are paying Abdelkader how much.

Apparently it was an issue with acoustics more than anything.

Clearing the blare: LCA goal horn a recording from Joe

That horn is so freaking loud I also don't particularly buy this, either. But at least this one makes more sense. Could they have not acquired two similar horns and then hooked them both up to blow when triggered?

Ugh, I hate it. One of the best horns in the league now one of the worst.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Was also something Tampa has implemented albeit with spectacular personnel. With Yzerman and plus Blash generally having a trip with Lalonde and Cooper in the off-seasons I wonder if that is a big part of it as well.

I knew I wasn’t crazy, but “Rainbow” was the wrong word that I was looking for. It turns out it’s “Royal”. And speak of the devil, here’s the piece I was ultimately referring to, and look who co-contributed to it.

How Power Play Goals are Scored in the NHL - The Hockey Think Tank

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I would pay big money to have Red Wings alumni just roast Mike Babcock with him in Toronto, now.

Reactions: Flowah

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
fack ya rasmussen!!!

14i029.jpg

Reactions: Snuggs

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Yikes, Not sure anyone really wants to go with McIlrath. Simmer down fellas. No one needs to get hurt over dumbness.

Reactions: Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad