GDT: Chicago @ Detroit, 2019 pre-season Game 1, 7:30 ET

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It was at least interesting unit... Rasmussen was on the another.

------ Glendening (net-front)

Puempel --- DLR --- TErry

------- Hronek

------------ Rasmussen

Hirose - Svechnikov - Elson

----------- Cholowski

Yeah I just didn't see him out there but they couldn't get the puck up ice on that unit between Hirose and Cholo that was rough.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Man Kronwall looks good for his age.

To think I'm less than a decade away from where he is right now...oh no

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
ok thanks...but didn't he leave the game vs. us & not return? ...or did he come back in game 1?

I don't think either him or Seider left the game. They almost got in a fight at the final horn so they were still playing at the end for sure and I think he played in games up until the hit from the Minnesota kid. Had a lot of the typical new bleeding heart crew on the main prospect board out for changes and fear mongering. I didn't like the hit at all to be clear, but it is sort of something that happens in the game unfortunately.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Downgrades and AHL players, I like both guys but they lack the talent to play at this level consistently.

McIlrath's skating looks a little better but still not good enough. Hicketts gets abused pretty routinely by the big boy NHL players than know how to expose him with how little he is and without being an exceptional player it is a problem. I know he labels guys in the pre-season but all of his extended stays have left a lot to be desired in my opinion.
no way ide pit my opinion on this matter vs yours so i believe like your saying they wont make nhl . but i forgot to add besides our guys maybe a ufa like hutton or a trade like honka , im searching for ways to build defence here during a meaningless season and getting ericsson n daley out of the way is what ide like doing

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I don't think either him or Seider left the game. They almost got in a fight at the final horn so they were still playing at the end for sure and I think he played in games up until the hit from the Minnesota kid. Had a lot of the typical new bleeding heart crew on the main prospect board out for changes and fear mongering. I didn't like the hit at all to be clear, but it is sort of something that happens in the game unfortunately.
Dach sat out the Blues game (3(. I didn't think he came back for their final\\ St. Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks - Detroit Red Wings Training Camp - on Pointstreak Sports Technologies

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
no way ide pit my opinion on this matter vs yours so i believe like your saying they wont make nhl . but i forgot to add besides our guys maybe a ufa like hutton or a trade like honka , im searching for ways to build defence here during a meaningless season and getting ericsson n daley out of the way is what ide like doing

Daley and Ericsson are likely to have value at the deadline if they are ever going to have any. I don't think it is easy to move either guy at this point in the year, not even sure their clauses allow for that this early. I think maybe Daley's we are wide open already on with a minimal list. But they aren't the worst guys to have around for what is going to happen. Ben Hutton, Joe Hicketts, Dylan McIlrath are not upgrades really. I would rather a Kaski or Cholo gets playing time when they are moved deeper in the season. Those guys might have futures with the team the others don't really. We have our version of Honka already in Bowey to be honest as that is about where Honka has fallen since his draft. We shall see, just don't really care about Ericsson and Daley alternating the #6 spot. We have bigger fish to fry in my opinion. They also have real cap hits so moving them right now is harder too.

I just think we yell a lot about four vets, they aren't actually getting beaten out by guys. I know we like to think they should be but more often than not they really aren't and that isn't just our coaches, our pro scouts and Yzerman are agreeing with these as well in most cases.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
It depends I feel like the last couple years we go heavy home or road with the Pens or Hawks. They are usually our first two opponents. The Leafs and us have our final tune up in alternating years, I believe it is our turn to play the big guys in Toronto this year and the AHL guys will be in Detroit. They usually vary it, but they stagger the lineups and the opposing coaches do map this out together is a part of what you're seeing. Our juggling will be especially weird with the extra marquee pre-season craft hockey game and 9th overall so this could be a really strange year because of that. But the lineup we are seeing the first two nights is pretty typical.

Yeah... Not whinning or anything just think it's weird, I know things get weird early. Might of liked to seen Larsson/Bernier/Pickard get some time in preseason... Maybe they will still, idk.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
im searching for ways to build defence here during a meaningless season and getting ericsson n daley out of the way is what ide like doing

You have to play all Ericsson, Daley and Green in key roles to have any hopes of getting some draft picks in trades.

They have to play and they have to play well.

We hope that will happen, and then we get the picks and open those spots for kids.

If that doesn't happen, then we let them walk and open those spots for kids.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

With Chicago basically eliminated from the championship game I wasn't surprised he sat that one, but not sure it was for injury. New York rested guys too that they wanted to push for their NHL team. I guess the mistake was throwing him back in for the seeded final game but I am not sure you can predict that.

I really like Dach a lot, hopefully he can get back in time for some of camp.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
No DeBrincat on the bench for Chicago.

Hopefully a charlie horse, but Bowey clipped him pretty good, didn't really like the hit for this type of game. I know it happens fast just was surprised when it happened, hopefully Bowey apologizes.

You worry about his knee honestly.

Good news he is back out there.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
With Chicago basically eliminated from the championship game I wasn't surprised he sat that one, but not sure it was for injury. New York rested guys too that they wanted to push for their NHL team. I guess the mistake was throwing him back in for the seeded final game but I am not sure you can predict that.

I really like Dach a lot, hopefully he can get back in time for some of camp.
I think you're right. I believe Dach got really rattled in the 2nd game and left the ice, sat out the 3rd game. Don't know why he played the final

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad