Chicago Blackhawks Player From The 2010 Championship Team Is Accusing A Coach Of Sexual Assault

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You know you are a real piece of, always trolling and accusing people of horrible things, I am simply trying to understand the situation and what I would do if I was 20 something years older and someone did that. Also there are accusations here nothing concrete, just like the Kane situation everyone blaming him but I knew he was innocent the whole time, the entire league still think he did something bad when nothing was proved.

What are you talking about? The first part is just typical you making things up as I am not a troll and don’t accuse people of things like this (unless there is smoke).

The post I quoted of yours SOUNDED like you were blaming the victim, this mis much different that saying you did blame the victim. I did this because I wanted to give you a chance to explain. I then went on to try and help you understand but you didn’t get it. I am sorry but your POV on this is very uninformed and sounds like something a high school kid would say as they lack life experience. This actually is a good opportunity to learn something (not saying in a dickhead way).

Last edited:
Reactions: Idionym

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Many people never come forward. 10 years later is pretty quick.

Everyone says "well, if that happened to me I'd do x, y z." You don't really know/understand what you would do until it happens to you and you should have some empathy for those who have to go through these terrible experiences and have dudes on online messages boards say "well, if it was me I'd just be a STRONG MAN and beat him up!!"

It's kinda insulting, not gonna lie.

It is. There is so much behind the psychology of sex criminal grooming that your average layperson simply doesn't get.

From what little I have gleaned about this by being married to someone who's job it is to help put sex criminals away: The criminals know what buttons to press and what to say to prevent their victims from coming forward. They use threats not only against the victim but what the victims care about: family, reputation, beliefs, career, et. al. They try to get the victim to blame themselves. They put themselves in a position of control and try to make their victims think they are 100% powerless to do anything. Your average keyboard warrior simply doesn't get it because they haven't been in that position.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Replace if I was sexually assaulted with if somebody came at me with a weapon for a lot of people who’ve never been in that situation...

People have ideas what they’d do. No you wouldn’t. You’d get sliced up/shot/bashed.

I’ve never been sexually assaulted. I have been robbed at gun point. Life is messy. Victims are victims. Don’t make it harder for people to speak their trauma.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Gotta love the "this is what I would have done" scenarios by people who have never been victims of sexual assault.....

This is a horrible situation. If this guy came forward and nobody did anything in the org or the PA this will be the biggest story to hit sports in some time.

The defensive stance by the mental coach isn't a good look, either.

I really wonder if this situation had anything to do with McD leaving the way he did. Either

A. He found out late and didn't want his reputation tarnished

Or

B. He covered it up and knew there was evidence.

This is either gonna get alot worse or will be hushed up before it makes trial with a payoff. Both sides lawyers are posturing right now and the Hawks side looks weaker

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Many people never come forward. 10 years later is pretty quick.

Everyone says "well, if that happened to me I'd do x, y z." You don't really know/understand what you would do until it happens to you and you should have some empathy for those who have to go through these terrible experiences and have dudes on online messages boards say "well, if it was me I'd just be a STRONG MAN and beat him up!!"

It's kinda insulting, not gonna lie.

Replace if I was sexually assaulted with if somebody came at me with a weapon for a lot of people who’ve never been in that situation...

People have ideas what they’d do. No you wouldn’t. You’d get sliced up/shot/bashed.

I’ve never been sexually assaulted. I have been robbed at gun point. Life is messy. Victims are victims. Don’t make it harder for people to speak their trauma.

This. Exactly this.

There is also so much shame involved in being a victim. Which isn't fair because something was done TO you. But, that's how it is.

And, clearly, he TRIED to tell people when it happened and was apparently brushed off. You think someone trying to start/just get on with their career would go public with this? With things that are said to players on the ice to try to get under their skin?! Doubt it.

And to anyone saying this is just a cash grab, kindly f*** off.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He said he'd rather put a bullet in his head rather than stay in a hotel between games. Very quickly, some people from the organization sent him a note to call the game, not talk about killing himself on air.
The moment he said it, you just knew it would be blown way out of proportion in the world we live in today.... and here we are. Everyone knew exactly what he actually meant but since when does that matter when it can be exploited.

Reactions: Pertti

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
God forbid people not want suicide taken lightly. . .
The man apologized on-air with millions watching. But again that isn't enough in today's society. People want blood it seems and they won't be happy until he resigns in humiliation after decades as a Blackhawks mainstay. Pathetic if you ask me.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
The moment he said it, you just knew it would be blown way out of proportion in the world we live in today.... and here we are. Everyone knew exactly what he actually meant but since when does that matter when it can be exploited.
There were other ways to get his point across then referencing suicide. The idiot knows better.

Wait, maybe he doesn't. With this and the racist comments the Hawks would be better off cutting that useless bait off from the line.

The guys a hypocrite. His claim to fame now a days is his karpotsev rant yet here he's drunk three minutes into the game.

95% of the time I turn on the radio to a feed and synch it. Listening to Foley and Ed is the equivalent of mumbling brain damage

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
The man apologized on-air with millions watching. But again that isn't enough in today's society. People want blood it seems and they won't be happy until he resigns in humiliation after decades as a Blackhawks mainstay. Pathetic if you ask me.
Thom apologized too.

I wouldn't listen to another broadcast he did if you paid me after his comments.

You have to change with the times. Hawks broadcasts on TV are cringe inducing and Foley should have never been brought back

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
What are you talking about? The first part is just typical you making things up as I am not a troll and don’t accuse people of things like this (unless there is smoke).

The post I quoted of yours SOUNDED like you were blaming the victim, this mis much different that saying you did blame the victim. I did this because I wanted to give you a chance to explain. I then went on to try and help you understand but you didn’t get it. I am sorry but your POV on this is very uninformed and sounds like something a high school kid would say as they lack life experience. This actually is a good opportunity to learn something (not saying in a dickhead way).
Your POV is very homogeneous and generic, you think just because there is an accusation there is a definite crime, I question both ends, there are no proven victims here so how am I blaming a victim exactly?

Anything I say SOUNDS like it’s something sinister to you, always trolling it’s pathetic.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
This. Exactly this.

There is also so much shame involved in being a victim. Which isn't fair because something was done TO you. But, that's how it is.

And, clearly, he TRIED to tell people when it happened and was apparently brushed off. You think someone trying to start/just get on with their career would go public with this? With things that are said to players on the ice to try to get under their skin?! Doubt it.

And to anyone saying this is just a cash grab, kindly f*** off.

100% to the bold, and all the rest. But especially the bold.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I called him an idiot for saying it, but I don’t want him fired and I’m probably one of the most sensitive here to suicide being joked about. But I don’t know why that’s in this thread.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Your POV is very homogeneous and generic, you think just because there is an accusation there is a definite crime, I question both ends, there are no proven victims here so how am I blaming a victim exactly?

Anything I say SOUNDS like it’s something sinister to you, always trolling it’s pathetic.

You will get it someday. Best of luck bud.

No point in continuing this conversation.

Last edited:

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

It wasn't blown out of proportion. Context matters. If Spittin Chiclets made a similar comment people wouldn't care. This was a televised game.

And with the pandemic and all the talk of mental health, it was super jarring. It you lost a loved one to suicide and heard a comment like that while watching the game it would be pretty upsetting. Now what if it was a kid or a teen watching the game who had lost a parent?

According to Zawaski the Hawks were really, really pissed. He got a call mid game resulting in the apology and he said while Danny Wirtz doesn't interfere in hockey ops he's very involved with how the team is marketed. Zawaski stopped short of saying Foley would be fired over this but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
There were other ways to get his point across then referencing suicide. The idiot knows better.

Wait, maybe he doesn't. With this and the racist comments the Hawks would be better off cutting that useless bait off from the line.

The guys a hypocrite. His claim to fame now a days is his karpotsev rant yet here he's drunk three minutes into the game.

95% of the time I turn on the radio to a feed and synch it. Listening to Foley and Ed is the equivalent of mumbling brain damage
???

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

People are very sensitive, if you try to use an English accent of another country you are considered racist these days. Everything is racist. This is coming from a person that others find something racist on my behalf but I find it funny.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Everything said pisses someone off...People need to lighten up some. I thought the Shortstop comment was funny, not sure how it hurt anyone.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
People are very sensitive, if you try to use an English accent of another country you are considered racist these days. Everything is racist. This is coming from a person that others find something racist on my behalf but I find it funny.

This coming from the person who thinks rape victims are weak because strong people fight back.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Lol. Just lol....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad