Chicago Blackhawks Player From The 2010 Championship Team Is Accusing A Coach Of Sexual Assault

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Jordan Hendry was my initial thought. It had to be a younger guy.

It says in the article. It was the video coach.
Jordan Hendry participated in the 2010 anniversary Zoom call. The Athletic profiled him and apparently he had injury issues and went on to get an MBA and is currently a financial advisor. I mean I would assume he wouldn't participate in all this Blackhawks stuff if it was him, but who knows.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Yeah he is suing Hawks and claiming team ignored it

He also claims NHLPA ignored it

I dont see any evidence presented that Hawks organization ignored it or NHLPA also the Hawks will likely look to have dismissed judging by statement of it "Lacking merit"

He will need actual evidence showing Hawks organization knowingly hiding it for this to go anywhere
Or they'll settle. For $150K? The Blackhawks could rack that up in legal fees before this even goes to trial.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

I dont see any evidence presented that Hawks organization ignored it or NHLPA also the Hawks will likely look to have dismissed judging by statement of it "Lacking merit"

He will need actual evidence showing Hawks organization knowingly hiding it for this to go anywhere

Evidence isn’t presented in a complaint. A complaint just has to allege facts which, assumed to be true, meet the threshold for a cause of action.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Or they'll settle. For $150K? The Blackhawks could rack that up in legal fees before this even goes to trial.

Or they could have evidence this did not take place and move to have it dismissed

Why settle if you have evidence that it didn't happen?

If they were going to settle that would have likely happened already

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago

One of the other coaches blamed him for it when he brought it up. That's an org failure.

Reactions: DesperateBeliever

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Evidence isn’t presented in a complaint. A complaint just has to allege facts which, assumed to be true, meet the threshold for a cause of action.

True

But an accusation does not mean it happened

The article itself cites Kane as an example of "Hawks have prior accusation" and we all know about that and how it ended up

Reactions: Giovi

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
True

But an accusation does not mean it happened

The article itself cites Kane as an example of "Hawks have prior accusation" and we all know about that and how it ended up

Sure. That’s why we’ll see how the legal process plays out.

Reactions: d rake

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
That's a bad look for all those who were made aware of it and didn't act. McCub, Bowman, Q, Wirtz? Don't know who knew, but hoping an investigation can help find those responsible.

And what cocky, arrogant f*** of a video coach starts yanking it in front of NHLers?!? They are NHLers, your bitch ass gets paid to watch game highlights on a tablet. He should be thankful that one of those players didn't walk up to him and snap that thing off.

Obviously it might not have happened, but it's not often these things turn out to be a lie (Kane's mishap in 2015 is a rare case), and this player mentioning another individual who was subjected means that someone can easily corroborate the story.

SabbathBloodySabbath

Oct 8, 2017
Erþō
Brent Sopel played half a season after and then retired I’m pretty sure.

He went to Russia for a few years, then with the Wolves for a little while. His wife stayed in Chicago with the kids.

Matt Meachum has been at the role since 13-14

Did this guy stay until 2013, that's an even worse situation if he was doing that.

Aldrich was out after 2010. They had Tim Campbell as video coach from 2010-11 through 2012-13, then Meacham came in.

Dont forget Kim Johnsson

Played 8 game for Hawks after trade and then never played a game in NHL after

Never played anywhere after 2010. His agent said he had a concussion.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Or they could have evidence this did not take place and move to have it dismissed

Why settle if you have evidence that it didn't happen?

If they were going to settle that would have likely happened already

How do you prove something DIDN'T happen?

Also, this guy is a convicted sex offender. So this accusation isn't exactly a reach....

Your takes are so strange sometimes.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How do you prove something DIDN'T happen?

Also, this guy is a convicted sex offender. So this accusation isn't exactly a reach....

Your takes are so strange sometimes.

Investigate it

Dartmouth professor accusation was proven false just recently thanks to evidence he was not even in country

He was accused of sexually touching himself (In similar manner) in front of student and much more but investigation proved it was lie along with others

And while accusation may not be reach there needs to be evidence to back up claim that no only did Chicago Blackhawks cover it up but that NHLPA covered it up

Thus I will wait to see how this develops rather then drawing conclusions and calling for heads to roll , etc with organization

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Time frame of allegation (May 2020) would open door to it being black ace

But those guys are not part of NHLPA yet are they? Does NHLPA not require a certain # of games to be played in NHL for membership?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I'd bet it was Kim Johnsson.

Main forum already pin pointed the scumbag.

If this is true, it wouldn't surprise me if McDonough covered this up and now that he's gone all the dirt is coming out.

Really bad look for the Hawks on every account

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'd bet it was Kim Johnsson.

Main forum already pin pointed the scumbag.

If this is true, it wouldn't surprise me if McDonough covered this up and now that he's gone all the dirt is coming out.

Really bad look for the Hawks on every account

Didn't this board as well? His name is like halfway down on the first page.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Regardless of who it was or whether it was true or false. You investigate and find out the truth. Either the plaintiff is correct in their allegation or the Hawks are exonerated of any false claims. In the world, we live in now everyone has their right to a fair trial.

Chicago should not be releasing any information until the case is over.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Didn't this board as well? His name is like halfway down on the first page.
Idk.

I have most of this forum on iggy. I just don't make an immature scene announcing it.

What I do know, is that this situation is going to get alot worse then better. If there really was nothing done by the PA this will set the league back ten years in the age of cancel culture.

Rocky should be worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad