GDT: Chicago Blackhawks @ Minnesota Wild, "Rivalry Renewed", 1/30/13, 7:00 PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Am I the only one who doesn't think we got outplayed? A team like Chicago is going to push...no getting around it. You need to weather it and keep your composure. I don't consider having a team as talented as Chicago pushing back on you like they did getting outplayed. I would argue we dominated as many portions of that game as they did. Crawford had to come up just as big as Backstrom did. I guess I just don't see where we were outplayed.

Very good observation. The momentum did shift back and forth a few times in the game tonight.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I really hate our powerplay. We should have Yeo and the boys watch some tapes of Chicago's PP. We are far too stationary. I want the guys down low moving around forcing the Defense to rotate and question who they should be covering. This opens up things for our puck movers up top to find the open man and then exploit the defense. We could also really use a right handed player down low to tap in all these one timers the leftys are setting up.

ewoksonhoth

Lolorado
Jul 4, 2012
One Great City!
Really sad I missed the game, had to work (if any of you are in the duluth/superior area, tune your radio to 91.3 now to hear me) but I can't wait to see the recap. Reading over the thread, the chemistry is building and that really makes me happy. I got a birthday cake today and the one thing I wished for was a Wild win tonight and it looks like I got it.

OpRedDawn*

I just hope that when Spurg comes back, Yeo doesn't put him back with Suter...

Suter/Brodin is what I wanna see for the next decade

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
From listening to people around me, it sounded like they were expecting Gabby 2.0 with Granlund. Folks, just how high did you have the bar with him? And it's so black and white. "Since he's struggling as a rookie, he's automatically a bust and we should trade him." Seriously people?! Seriously? Good thing you aren't GM's.

They need a plan with this kid, but simmer the hell down. Move him to wing....move him down a line...if the first line goes cold, then let put him along side Mikko....send him down....there are many ways to work on a solution. You don't trade a kid like that just because he looks lost during the fist couple weeks of his career. Cripes! Not even months or a year into his career! He has a lot of learning to do. A lot of growing pains to go through. Lots of confidence to gain. Time to bring your expectations back down to earth and raise your level of patience. Not every top prospect is going to have an immediate, smooth transition into the NHL.

Now, thank goodness for secondary scoring, because they saved us from being shutout. I don't expect the top line to score every night, but they do need to apply some pressure. Fingers crossed that they were simply exhausted from playing a lot last night, because they were somewhat unrecognizable tonight.

Props to Backs for saving the day.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
No points for Parise in the last two games. What should we do, trade or buyout?

:sarcasm: (just in case)

Try and sneak him through waivers so he can work on his game in the AHL. He may still develop into a useful player.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
I really hate our powerplay. We should have Yeo and the boys watch some tapes of Chicago's PP. We are far too stationary. I want the guys down low moving around forcing the Defense to rotate and question who they should be covering. This opens up things for our puck movers up top to find the open man and then exploit the defense. We could also really use a right handed player down low to tap in all these one timers the leftys are setting up.

I was thinking the same thing. Man, their PP was scary!

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
I have a new drinking game.

Drink every time Granlund is kicked out of the faceoff
Drink every time Granlund falls over
Drink every time Granlund drops his ice on the stick

In all seriousness though I feel like he is just not ready after seeing him play these past few games, send him down and give somebody else a chance.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
No way in hell that happens. Brodin and Suter are officially joined at the hip now!
Absolutely. I think Brodin may have even calmed Suter down a bit, which is crazy. Speaking of crazy, I thought Gilbert had a good game too.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
I have a new drinking game.

Drink every time Granlund is kicked out of the faceoff
Drink every time Granlund falls over
Drink every time Granlund drops his ice on the stick

In all seriousness though I feel like he is just not ready after seeing him play these past few games, send him down and give somebody else a chance.

Wow, FBJ has that much power? Or were you following the rules of your drinking game? :laugh:

Mumbler*

Granny played worse than anyone on the ice... MOVE YOUR swear word DAMNED FEET MAN!!!

That said, I'm not saying he should go back to the AHL. Learn on the fly. He's already a professional.

Backs of old was nice to see.

After clutters goal, he /ninja vanish

We have our 1/1a defensemen now. Spurge needs to take his 3-5 roll coming back. (2 is glibert, btw)

Hoping Seto bangs a few home so we can see the WOW seto is good posts. He plays hard. I'm happy with him.

Stoner didn't looked stoned out there 80% of the time. Keep him in the right role and no one can complain. Well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad