GDT: Chicago Blackhawks @ Minnesota Wild, "Rivalry Renewed", 1/30/13, 7:00 PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Okay, I've got to ask you:

Why in the name of all that is holy do you have a PONY in your avatar?

pinkie pie is best pony

pinkie_pie_is_excited_about_something_by_vladimirmacholzraum-d5012lz.png

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Watched the game with some buddies at a bar so did not get to see it close as I'd like but I thought that was easily the best game the Wild have played for a full 60 minutes. I thought everyone played well.

Feel bad for Harding...

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
I think Suter found his defense partner for the next bunch of years...Suter/Brodin already have some significant chemistry. Brodin's skating looks so smooth and effortless, never seen that in a 19 YO rookie.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Out played but never looked out of sorts...they played the game they had to in this game...looked good in their own zone, and had great chances all up and down the lineup.

It's a win to be pleased with!

Am I the only one who doesn't think we got outplayed? A team like Chicago is going to push...no getting around it. You need to weather it and keep your composure. I don't consider having a team as talented as Chicago pushing back on you like they did getting outplayed. I would argue we dominated as many portions of that game as they did. Crawford had to come up just as big as Backstrom did. I guess I just don't see where we were outplayed.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I really think that the chemistry of the players is getting better. Granlund even looked better despite the stick drops. He still needs to get it together and play a lot better, but there was some decent shifts.

What a way to hopefully start turning the season back around. :handclap:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
On the plus side, if he gets sent down to Houston, he'll probably only be down there for a few days before he comes back up to take his rightful place.

After tonight's game...he's not getting sent down. You play your best game vs the NHL's best team, you sick around a bit longer. ;)

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
After tonight's game...he's not getting sent down. You play your best game vs the NHL's best team, you sick around a bit longer. ;)

Woosh. There was an allusion in there. :laugh:

Anyway, can we take a moment to appreciate that the Wild, for once, had considerably more PP time than their opponents?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Am I the only one who doesn't think we got outplayed? A team like Chicago is going to push...no getting around it. You need to weather it and keep your composure. I don't consider having a team as talented as Chicago pushing back on you like they did getting outplayed. I would argue we dominated as many portions of that game as they did. Crawford had to come up just as big as Backstrom did. I guess I just don't see where we were outplayed.

I'd probably agree with a lot of this.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012

It wasn't as bad as some are making it out. The Wild played well and got several great chances where they failed to capitalize. Overall it was not bad.

It's just that it felt like towards the end of the game Chicago dominated. It's a lot easier to remember the miscues.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The Wild controlled the first, but also made some boneheaded mistakes. They controlled about 8 minutes of the second, then were absolutely dominated the rest of the second. The Hawks controlled most of the 3rd, the OT looked even.

The Wild were for the most part...out played. Yet at the same time, the Wild played their most complete game because they were very good defensively to go along with a much more balanced offense, getting great chances from every line.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
We won this game on back to back nights with our goalie situation shaky at first. We also got point production from other lines and Backstrom was great. Suter and Brodin are a pairing that should get married, they are so great together! lol

This win is damn impressive no matter how 'it looked.' A win's a win's a WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad