GDT: Chicago Blackhawks @ Minnesota Wild, "Rivalry Renewed", 1/30/13, 7:00 PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
bDlef.png
@
0WGv1.png

Chicago Blackhawks​
vs.​
Minnesota Wild​

I chose this GDT because I absolutely hate the Chicago Blackhawks. It's been ingrained in me since I was a wee lad; my dad hated the Blackhawks therefore I hated the Blackhawks. The rivalry between the North Stars and Blackhawks was one I did not have the privilege of witnessing but one I've heard about my entire life. It's pretty impressive how much these two teams hated each other and it's a damn shame that this rivalry was taken away from us.

Whenever the Hawks come to town you'll still hear the occasional "Secord Sucks!" from an old timer in the crowd, but for the most part the hate is gone. Even worse, a lot of Minnesotans have no problem cheering for the Blackhawks or even consider themselves Blackhawks fans. My only hope is that sometime soon the Wild will find themselves in the same division as the Blackhawks and the rivalry will be reborn.

Flash forward to present day, the Wild enter this one coming off of an important but all too stressful win over the lowly Blue Jackets while the Blackhawks are still undefeated. Call me crazy fellow HFBoarders, but I've got a good feeling about this one. To be the best you've got to beat the best and right now that's the Blackhawks. Their time is done; it's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great team the Blackhawks have, screw em! Time to go all John Cena on their ass and hand them their first loss tonight at the X. Their time is up.

Projected Lineups-

:wild

3-2-1, 7 points, 1st in Northwest

Forwards

#11 Zach Parise - #9 Mikko Koivu - #15 Dany Heatley
#96 Pierre-Marc Bouchard - #64 Mikael Granlund - # 10 Devin Setoguchi
#7 Matt Cullen - #21 Kyle Brodziak - #22 Cal Clutterbuck
#14 Darroll Powe - #28 Zenon Konopka- #17 Torrey Mitchell
Scratched: #42 Matt Kassian

Defensemen

#20 Ryan Suter - #25 Jonas Brodin
#4 Clayton Stoner - #77 Tom Gilbert
#44 Justin Falk - #6 Marco Scandella
Scratched: #39 Nate Prosser
Injured: #46 Jared Spurgeon

Goaltenders

Expected Starter: #37 Josh Harding
Back-up: #32 Niklas Backstrom

Leading Scorers:
Parise 5G-4A-9 Pts
Koivu 2G-6A-8 Pts
Heatley 4G-2A-6 Pts

:hawks

6-0-0, 12 points, 1st in Central

#20 Brandon Saad - #19 Lockout D-Bag - #81 Marian Hossa
#10 Patrick Sharp - #36 Dave Bolland - #88 Drunk D-Bag
#29 Bryan Bickell - #65 Andrew Shaw - #25 Viktor Stalberg
#52 Brandon Bollig - #16 Marcus Kruger - #67 Michael Frolik

#2 Duncan Keith - #7 Brent Seabrook
#8 Not Cam Barker - #32 Michal Rozsival
#27 Johnny Oduya - #4 Niklas Hjalmarsson

#50 Corey Crawford
#30 Ray Emery

Leading Scorers:
Kane 2G-7A-9 Pts
Hossa 5G-3A-8 Pts
Toews 3G-3A-6 Pts

And even if we do lose, hey at least we got 'em
18960205_BG1.jpg

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
4-2 Blackhawks. Granlund with 0 points and gets sent to AHL.

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
Would be absolutely floored if we won this game, or even got a point out of it.

My expectations are very low so It's impossible for me to be let down!

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
welp guys, no intend to troll...

hope for a good game and I really like that your team loaded up big time and will be back in the POs as soon as this year. I expect a few POs against your team in the next years.

I hope the realignment will happen and we will have a division with your team, the hawks, Winnipeg, the Blues and hopefully Red Wings.
Those would be good rivalries again and I love to hate those teams more than hating a team like the Nucks. Sick of this hyped and so called rivalery.

Hope for a good game and don't think you should be worried that much. Don't expect a W or a Hawks W. Hawks will lose their first game soon, your team is good. Only seen 1 game so far but I liked what I saw. I remember that Harding owned the Hawks in a 1:0 Win for your team. Still have nightmares. Having back to back hurts your team but with Crawford, you never know and can say for sure that you will score a goal. Haven't had a SO since forever (over a season ago).

Can't waít to hate your team in the next years :laugh:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So, looks like tonight is NW division night.

We play Chicago(obviously), Edmonton, who is in 2nd place and only one point behind us, plays Phoenix, and Vancouver, who is also one point behind us, plays Colorado, who is three points behind us.

So, we have to hope we beat Chicago(lol no), Phoenix beats Edmonton(doubt it), and Colorado beats Vancouver in regulation. It's possible, but doubt it as well.

This race is going to be so close this season.

EDIT: NHL.com is running a rocket richard trophy poll. Parise is in 3rd place right now behind Marleau and Gaborik. Huh. Wouldn't that be nice?

EDIT 2:
Styleswild
it feels like i just left this place, we will be wearing our Green Jerseys tonight vs Chicago#shouldbeafungame

Last edited:

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
So, looks like tonight is NW division night.

We play Chicago(obviously), Edmonton, who is in 2nd place and only one point behind us, plays Phoenix, and Vancouver, who is also one point behind us, plays Colorado, who is three points behind us.

So, we have to hope we beat Chicago(lol no), Phoenix beats Edmonton(doubt it), and Colorado beats Vancouver in regulation. It's possible, but doubt it as well.

This race is going to be so close this season.

EDIT: NHL.com is running a rocket richard trophy poll. Parise is in 3rd place right now behind Marleau and Gaborik. Huh. Wouldn't that be nice?

Bold prediction, they all lose.

We win.

VWnBYPS.jpg

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I keep having flashbacks to last seasons game vs. CHI. The one in early December on national tv, at home, we were 1st in the west. CHI was 2nd a few points back. I was thinking this was a statement game too prove we belong on top. I was telling all my co-workers to watch the game. I was pumped.

The Wild came out and layed an egg. Backs kept us in the game all night. We were getting totally outplayed then Mikko tied it up halfway though the 3rd! We held on until the SO. Then Kane's illegal SO goal where he stopped in front of Backs. That game started the train wreck last season.

This game is the only reason I hate the Hawks. I'm too young to remember the Norris division.

I'm feeling revenge tonight! Hopefully the vets feel the same way I do.

Minny91

Jan 25, 2013
I understand that the Hawks are off to an impressive start, yield a pretty complete roster, and are coming to MN rested - but why all the negativity regarding tonight's outcome?

This is a Hawks team that has played 4 of the 5 teams that we have, sometimes with very similar results, and 4 of their 5 games have been decided by 1 point victories.

I realize the Wild have yet to click, but the D corps seems to be on the uprise, the first line is obviously one of the most dominate in the league - we just need some secondary scoring tonight and a good performance from Hards. Call me crazy but Im calling a 4-3 Wild Victory. Koivu- 2, Setoguchi, Scandella with goals.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
This is a Hawks team that has played 4 of the 5 teams that we have, sometimes with very similar results, and 4 of their 5 games have been decided by 1 point victories.

Hawks have played 6 games, with 4/6 decided by one goal.

Hard to suggest "very similiar results" when they are 6-0 (with a +9 GD) and Minny is 3-2-1 (with a -1 GD).

But I agree that any team that wins 6 in a row has had to have some good bounces, as in the new NHL, teams just aren't that much better than anyone else. The Hawks are certainly due to lose a close one.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Nice GDT... aside from the Cena reference ;)

Keeping my expectations low for this game. Let's hope Harding steals the show tonight.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I am pulling for a point tonight and two, should it happen, would be the cherry on top.

I do not believe we will get blown out tonight. We are at least too good for that, being at home and all.

Also? Go by stats... statistically Chicago HAS to lose soon... they will not remain perfect forever. Why can't they break that perfection tonight?

They can! Go WILD!

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
welp guys, no intend to troll...

hope for a good game and I really like that your team loaded up big time and will be back in the POs as soon as this year. I expect a few POs against your team in the next years.

I hope the realignment will happen and we will have a division with your team, the hawks, Winnipeg, the Blues and hopefully Red Wings.
Those would be good rivalries again and I love to hate those teams more than hating a team like the Nucks. Sick of this hyped and so called rivalery.

Hope for a good game and don't think you should be worried that much. Don't expect a W or a Hawks W. Hawks will lose their first game soon, your team is good. Only seen 1 game so far but I liked what I saw. I remember that Harding owned the Hawks in a 1:0 Win for your team. Still have nightmares. Having back to back hurts your team but with Crawford, you never know and can say for sure that you will score a goal. Haven't had a SO since forever (over a season ago).

Can't waít to hate your team in the next years :laugh:

Great post and right back at you. :laugh:

It's not right that Minnesota and Chicago are not in the same division right now. I can't wait until that wrong gets righted.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
LOL tomgilbertfan. Love it!
betting it all on the Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad