Post-Game Talk: Chiasson sucks

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Having Kahun and a slumping Yamamoto as winger support has a massive impact on his ability to be a 'play-driver'. Same goes for RNH when he's expected to fill the role when Tippett decides to load the top line.

'Prime' Malkin would've been in well over his head had they been his supporting cast.
Just strange to knock a guy for not being as good as a prime malkin for any sort of reason lol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Just strange to knock a guy for not being as good as a prime malkin for any sort of reason lol

It's not a knock, just being realistic.

Draisaitl is not yet on Malkin's level, Malkin could dominate without Crosby and even carry the Penguins to a Cup when Crosby sucked in the Finals.

Leon can't do that, he's a great, great player, but it's a mistake to equate him as Malkin's equal.

Prime Malkin's equals are actually Crosby/McDavid/Ovechkin.

Reactions: Chef de Cuisine

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Having Kahun and a slumping Yamamoto as winger support has a massive impact on his ability to be a 'play-driver'. Same goes for RNH when he's expected to fill the role when Tippett decides to load the top line.

'Prime' Malkin would've been in well over his head had they been his supporting cast.
When Draisaitl cant produce with those wingers the excuse is that Draisaitl's wingers suck, when RNH cant produce with those wingers, the narrative changes to RNH sucks.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

So wait, in what way is Drai not as good as Malkin? If Evgeni was here the anthem would be slow lazy Russian.

The boxcars so far say Leon is just as good, and he never had a D like Letang to work off and get fantastic breakouts all the time.

Drai is on an identical pts pace as Malkin career wise and frankly Malkin looks like a fat donut out there now. he was being jeered on the broadcast today.

Drai pretty much matched Malkins career high in an abbreviated season last year. How is it automatic to anybody that Malkin is better. We hate our own..

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So wait, in what way is Drai not as good as Malkin? If Evgeni was here the anthem would be slow lazy Russian.

The boxcars so far say Leon is just as good, and he never had a D like Letang to work off and get fantastic breakouts all the time.

Drai is on an identical pts pace as Malkin career wise and frankly Malkin looks like a fat donut out there now. he was being jeered on the broadcast today.

Drai pretty much matched Malkins career high in an abbreviated season last year. How is it automatic to anybody that Malkin is better. We hate our own..

Malkin didn't need Crosby on the ice to get his points.

I don't hate Leon, he's my second favorite player, but if he's Malkin and McDavid is Crosby they shouldn't be this hard pressed to even win one game in the last two post-seasons.

Draisaitl hasn't proven he can put up big numbers without McDavid on the ice with him.

He had a nice 25-27 ish game stretch last year with the DRY line, but that is not equivalent to Malkin putting the Penguins on his back and lifting even a struggling Crosby in the 2009 Finals (for example) and single handedly delivering Pittsburgh a Cup.

Drai is a great player but until he consistently dominates opponents without McDavid on his line, he is not Malkin. Malkin is very special player.

The whole dynamic the Penguins had was you couldn't just focus on Crosby, because Malkin's line would kill you, the Oilers don't have this really. Not yet anyway.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Sorry if you don't like the posts because I'm being a meanie to Nugent Hopkins but he is the ring leader of disappointing forwards for this club and when you're making 6 million dollars that comes with the territory.

Everyone knew he was going to be a no show in this series.

That filters down to other support players.
No it's literally you quoting a post, ignoring its intended topic and using a small part of it as a springboard to convey your pessimistic diatribes. You've done it to me twice in the past few pages. The post was about the Edmonton Oilers and the players that play in their bottom six. RNH has f*** all to do with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: jesusbuiltmyhotrod

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He has a weird obsession with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Whether it's comparing Hall to Kessel, or McDavid/Draisaitl to Crosby/Malkin. It's just a weird way to look at team compositions.

Teams that win championships are generally four lines deep. They possess depth throughout the roster--some of it through years of successful draft and development. It's significantly more complicated than he would lead you to believe.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

Draisaitl is not yet on Malkin's level, Malkin could dominate without Crosby and even carry the Penguins to a Cup when Crosby sucked in the Finals.

Leon can't do that, he's a great, great player, but it's a mistake to equate him as Malkin's equal.

lolol, again totally ignore the talent malkin had around him, it's not just sid...

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

I don't hate Leon, he's my second favorite player, but if he's Malkin and McDavid is Crosby they shouldn't be this hard pressed to even win one game in the last two post-seasons.

Draisaitl hasn't proven he can put up big numbers without McDavid on the ice with him.

He had a nice 25-27 ish game stretch last year with the DRY line, but that is not equivalent to Malkin putting the Penguins on his back and lifting even a struggling Crosby in the 2009 Finals (for example) and single handedly delivering Pittsburgh a Cup.

Drai is a great player but until he consistently dominates opponents without McDavid on his line, he is not Malkin. Malkin is very special player.

The whole dynamic the Penguins had was you couldn't just focus on Crosby, because Malkin's line would kill you, the Oilers don't have this really. Not yet anyway.

BWHAHAHA

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
lolol, again totally ignore the talent malkin had around him, it's not just sid...

Who were Malkin's wingers in 2009 when he won the Conne Smythe and carried Crosby on his back (shut out in 5/7 Finals games, 0 goals)? An aging Petr Sykora?

We need to be honest about our team. McDavid and Draisaitl are wonderful players, we are incredibly lucky to have them, but they as of right now don't drive offence on their own the way Crosby and Malkin did as a dynamic for Pittsburgh.

That means we need to have more help, not less, which means Ken Holland needs to get to work.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Last time I checked the Pens had some pretty loaded lineups with good to great depth on those SC teams. When you say Malkins line, consider who was on that line vs scrubs like Kahun and Yamamoto.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Last time I checked the Pens had some pretty loaded lineups with good to great depth on those SC teams. When you say Malkins line, consider who was on that line vs scrubs like Kahun and Yamamoto.

Malkin has always scored in his career, doesn't matter who his wingers were.

If it was a washed up Sykora? No problem.

Malkin is underrated he is the closest thing to Mario Lemieux stylistically and ability wise. When he is on top of his game he is a better player than Crosby.

It's actually amazing the Penguins won the 2009 Cup ... Crosby was a no show in the Finals (1 goal, 2 assists, -3, shut out of all game 5/6/7). Malkin took on all of Datysuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Lidstrom and delivered a Cup.

Reactions: ZenOil

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Hmmm. You were harder than anyone on Hall. He’s doing pretty well now, so did his “culture” change?

I think he's matured enough that he can be not so much of a distraction and contribute on a team that has a long standing rep of a solid culture with strong leaders like Marchand and Bergy that know how to win and what it takes and keeps people in line and to buy in. Kudos to him for seemingly buying in for the time being. I think with a team like that, you buy in or you're in the pressbox and likely gone in the near future.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Who were Malkin's wingers in 2009 when he won the Conne Smythe and carried Crosby on his back (shut out in 5/7 Finals games, 0 goals)? An aging Petr Sykora?

We need to be honest about our team. McDavid and Draisaitl are wonderful players, we are incredibly lucky to have them, but they as of right now don't drive offence on their own the way Crosby and Malkin did as a dynamic for Pittsburgh.

That means we need to have more help, not less, which means Ken Holland needs to get to work.
Ruslan Fedotenko. Petr Sykora's role diminished immensely in the playoffs that year.

Since the sources are few and far between, I'm going to guess he saw Guerin beside him quite a bit along with a mishmash of depth guys.

I'm not sure a guy like Kahun makes that roster. Yamamoto would also be hard-pressed the way he's produced this year.

Last edited:

Dirt McGintty

Jan 29, 2019

Malkin is underrated he is the closest thing to Mario Lemieux stylistically and ability wise. When he is on top of his game he is a better player than Crosby.

It's actually amazing the Penguins won the 2009 Cup ... Crosby was a no show in the Finals (1 goal, 2 assists, -3, shut out of all game 5/6/7). Malkin took on all of Datysuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Lidstrom and delivered a Cup.
That Penguins team had seven other forwards besides Crosby and Malkin that put up over .5 points per game. That is their entire top nine. We have one other forward that put up .5 points per game and he leeched them all off the powerplay. So yeah I'd say Malkin had better line mates.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

I don't hate Draisaitl at all. But what makes Crosby and Malkin Crosby and Malkin are their careers. McDavid and Draisaitl aren't there yet for obvious reasons.

When they have a couple of rings and a Conn Smythe or two then I think it's a legitimate comparison. I think they'll get better support and git er done.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

LOL...cannot take anything you say seriously..must be a pens fan.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Damn, no more cotton eye joe?

I'm supposed to feel sad that some loser DJ that hates Led Zep and Metallica is getting out of town for a gig in Kelowna. Anybody would play better music and any rink plays music more accustomed to hockey, you know, Led Zep, Metallica, AC/DC. It ain't hard. This here guy plays cover versions of classics. Cringe.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

Piss poor argument if you don't have anything other than your opinion to back it up.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Piss poor argument if you don't have anything other than your opinion to back it up.

I mean Malkin did lead the Penguins to a win in the 2009 Finals with Crosby being largely shut down (0 points in game 5, 6, and 7, 1 goal total in the 7 game series).

His wingers were Fedotenko and Sykora, not exactly superstar players. The team he was playing was loaded too, Datysuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Lidstrom.

That's not an opinion, that happened.

We're having trouble winning even 2 games in first round match ups and the DRY line that had a stretch of success last year has not been able to replicate that.

So I don't think it's completely unfair to ask if the Draisaitl = Malkin thing is really accurate. He's great, but maybe not quite that tier of player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heavy Dee

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm supposed to feel sad that some loser DJ that hates Led Zep and Metallica is getting out of town for a gig in Kelowna. Anybody would play better music and any rink plays music more accustomed to hockey, you know, Led Zep, Metallica, AC/DC. It ain't hard. This here guy plays cover versions of classics. Cringe.

Tell me you're old without telling me your age, lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3